Top general impressed with Phuket police

webfact

Top general impressed with Phuket police

1428568072_1-org.jpg
Officers on parade with, inset, Gen Korkiet.

PHUKET: -- One of Thailand’s top policemen, Pol Gen Korkiet Wongworachat, who is Criminal Suppression Consultant to the police force, was in Phuket last night to check on security arrangements in advance of the Songkran Festival.

He inspected a parade at Phuket City Police Station of more than 100 officers from a variety of units including tourist police, immigration police and crime suppression police, who then left in their vehicles to spread out across the island looking for guns, drugs and other crimes, or to control traffic.

The general was impressed. He told media after the parade dispersed, “I believe that Phuket has good security for the Songkran holiday in line with Royal Thai Police policy to suppress crime and reduce accidents.”

Pol Col Weerawat Chanvijit, Chief Superintendent of Phuket City Police Station said, “I am serious about battling crime to increase people’s security during the long Songkram holiday.

“During the holiday, some people travel back to their home provinces. Others party in Phuket. So driving vehicles is a worry, too.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/top-general-impressed-with-phuket-police-51808.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-09

Not only the General, I'm impressed also with the Phuket police.

They are doing an excellent job, after reading all the reports on TVF.

But also looking at their beer bellies on the photograph, I think they are enjoying their lives also.

Good Luck to them.....they deserve it...........as long as they carry on with the present performance.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

But also looking at their beer bellies on the photograph, I think they are enjoying their lives also.

Good Luck to them.....they deserve it...........as long as they carry on with the present performance.thumbsup.gif

and everything is good back in greece?

a country that wouldnt surive withoutthe commmunstic soviet union (eu) but dont worry, spain and portugal have the same problem.

The only impressive thing here is how those BIB fit their big bellies into those tight fitting shirts.

If I'd worn my beret like that, I'd have been hauled into the CO's office straight the parade and told I was sweeping leaves for a week.
  • Like 2

Typical visit and words by a high ranking officer visiting the troops so to speak. You look great, you are doing a great job, continue the good work, etc. Then back to the Headquarters air conditioned office.

• Like 1

+1...Keep up the good job.

Really? Are you aware that the police are still collecting payoffs from the bars and clubs?

There is still no general enforcement of the traffic laws except for the regular fining of tourists for not having helmets.

When will the police enforce the provisions in respect to the illegal parking of the tuk tuks or the operation of the scooter rental operations?

How about enforcing the existing taxi rules?

Do you consider the non enforcement appropriate conduct?

The only impressive thing here is how those BIB fit their big bellies into those tight fitting shirts.

If I'd worn my beret like that, I'd have been hauled into the CO's office straight the parade and told I was sweeping leaves for a week.

True, but the crooked presentation goes well with their general conduct.