Briton fights off teenage robbers in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

And I thought helmets were to protect the head, not bash falangs with.

The cheap, plastic Big C helmets are not much of a weapon so I can understand why the farang managed to defend himself. Surprised they didnt use knifes.

What do you think these guys will carry with themselves once they notice that foreigners carry something to protect themselves? You carry a stick they will carry a knife, if you carry a knife they will carry a gun and so on.

The solution is the active part by the police. The fine for such thing must increase with both money and long time imprisonment. The Thai government should not take such incidence lightly. It will scare the tourist which will effect their economy, unemployment etc.

Very brave guy to fight off 6 attackers, but I do question his judgement. Helmets being used is one thing, knives or hatchets (not unknown in Pattaya) and you're endangering your life for a bike.

What would have been his options then? To just lie there and take the beating and let them take the bike? Chances are that if he was already being attacked, he would have sustained a lot worse injuries than he did by being pro-active and defending himself and his property.

Something that seems to have been overlooked by the comments so far is that this was a bar owner, so the possibility of him carrying money, possibly under the seat of the bike, is pretty good. Just a thought.

Anyway, at the age of 33, believe me, I would have done exactly the same thing.

Kudos to Danny.....................wink.png

• Like 1

Well Done Danny,

hope your friends can find them.

But remember the tough Farang who used his bike helmet to fight off a gang in the car-park of Tawan Deng Phatthanakan a few years ago............so they shot him.

I like the place, but Pattaya is always worse at Songcran with a huge influx of drunks and punks - mostly both.