American expat in Phetchabun cleans up after tourists

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonderful story.

I sure hope it doesn't violate some stupid, ridiculous Thai work permit law now that it's in the news.

It probably does!!!

Well done to him. I really hate when people just leave there rubbish all over the place. Just no respect. Shocking to see people just leave there rubbish on tables and on the floor, when there is a garbage bin 2 meters away !!

• Like 2

I once spoke to a senior dental surgeon (Thai) about this issue, his estimate was 50 yearswacko.png for people to stop littering.

As i cycle back roads you see lots of construction and household waste dumped where ever its easiest, often on private land

or next to rivers and waterways and this becomes THE spot where others dumpcrazy.gif ............>intheclub.gif

Thais love Thailand?dry.png Many just in thought not action.

Good on the guy.

We could do with someone like him to clean up the plastic food and drink cartons and bags of rubbish tossed from cars and dumped on roadside verges all over Cha Am - not by tourists, but local Thais.

Thailand - hub of litter-louts.

• Like 1

But if you go into any town to a restaurant , massage parlour or small shop, outside on the pavement all is clean ,no ciggie butts no plastic bags , all swept clean yet go to a waterfall nearby and beer bottles have been left ,styrafoam containers etc, Is it a loss of face to take your rubbish home ? Possibly but then why not put your trash in the bins provided nearby.

Note these so-called "tourists" are mostly local Thai teens.

Yes in this instance given the location these tourists are indeed of the local variety.

It's actually one of the reasons I've stopped using the local water falls which is a shame because they are in great abundance around here but all suffer the same fate,empty whisky bottles,polystyrene boxes and plastic bags.

• Like 1