Where Do You Live?

Water Buffalo

Where Do You Live?  

364 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without quoting the above, in the later 1970's I lived on West 57th Street -- boy what a change from the photos I see now (the big one'll be at 157 W57)

jump-1-popup.jpg

As for the commute NYC to FL, that is why there is JetBlue.

I fly out of Laguardia Airport, , on a Friday evening I am in FL almost as fast as my coworkers get home in the suburbs laugh.png

PS: you should see Brooklyn and LIC anything near the approach bridges to Manhattan is gold. Condominium apt on Kent av in Brooklyn average a million dollars.

Long distance commutes aren't that odd in this day and age... I lived in New Orleans for many years, but never worked there... Every Monday morning I'd be on a flight to some where and on most Fridays catch one back home... Did it for years... I have one friend that lives in Seattle, but works in NYC... I used to regularly bump into him in Costa Rica on the weekends...

Nice photo Tonto and I hope you don't mind if I follow your lead. A picture or two often explains things better than words. Here is the view from where I live and a sunset over the pond.

Clear%2Bsky%2B%2B001.jpg

Night%2B%2B001.jpg

nice view, shame about the ugly boundary wall. maybe time to plant something in front of it ?

Nice photo Tonto and I hope you don't mind if I follow your lead. A picture or two often explains things better than words. Here is the view from where I live and a sunset over the pond.

Clear%2Bsky%2B%2B001.jpg

Night%2B%2B001.jpg

nice view, shame about the ugly boundary wall. maybe time to plant something in front of it ?

The wall is a utilitarian necessity to keep the fish in when it floods but I am disappointed that the vines are not doing as well as I had hoped. There seems to be too much sun on the south facing surface. No walls around the house, however, just plants.

2 Years Bangkok, then 6 years Hua Hin, and since 15 years I live in semi rural Khao Lak.

I learned to appreciate the peace and quiet of living in a rural area, and wouldn't want to settle in a city anymore, though I am originally a big city person.

Sometimes I still miss city life though. Maybe the ideal solution would be living in a rural area, but not more than about 50 km from a big town with farang presence like Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Pattaya or whatever. You have the advantages of living in the countryside, but when you get the urge you can go into the car and drive to town, take a guesthouse room for one night, and go back the next day.

I see that many people who have voted live in the Isaan, and yes, I think it is because they spend a lot of time online

• Like 1

I live in Isaan and spend a lot of time on line for stuff completely unrelated to ThaiVisa.com or Thailand itself. When I lived for a short while in Bangkok, I spent even more time on line although my being on line for non-ThaiVisa reasons was then in part related directly to Thailand.

Non-ThaiVisa Non-Thailand time spent on line mostly related to US -based NGO -- also lots of music stuff related to playing music.

Not much of a view but that's OK -- here are a couple of my Thai neighbors across the street:

WooAh.JPG

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 2

Keep the photos coming folks. Looks lush and well done for finding something that not only looks beautiful but looks perfect. Though I'm slightly envious, ignore the jealous ones who get off on belittling others to deal with their own hangups. Sure is a wonderful country.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Bangkok or Pattaya doesn't win it.

Issan will win for the sheer amount of Europeans married to the naive farm girls of that area and also the naive europeans who are supporting whole families there.

And many have wives/g/f's that work for the government (Hospitals, teaching, civil servants), and in the service industries etc, that may outnumber those from the farms. Personally in my experience few are married to farm girls. Perhaps that is because I live on the outskirts of a city and the majority of expats appear to live in the cities too.

Edited by Anon999

I don't play golf but come from a golfing family. I lived across the street from Mr. P's course where for 3 years I served as a medical cart driver when my late Father was in charge of the medical volunteer squad for the PGA Tour stop. Where you live doesn't necessarily denote who you are.

Here's the link with the photo removed to avoid any copyright stuff:

http://www.bayhill.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/6.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

You missed one....."the past" that's where a lot of people seem to live.

I take it you mean the Farangs Charlie. I thought "the past" would refer more to the Thais.
The Thais live in there own little world, it's called Me Me Me.....

Issan will win for the sheer amount of Europeans married to the naive farm girls of that area and also the naive europeans who are supporting whole families there.

Issan will win because there's bugger all to do in the sticks except hang out on TV.

This poll won't show where most people live, but where most people have the most internet usage.

Hahaha, so u have over 700 posts, but u never go on TVF? Hmmm very strange that.

I live in Korat City, plenty of things to do here, on the border of Isaanland, gf is from Loei, nice up there, I love Khon Khaen too, great for golfing, do you golf Costas?

Issan will win because there's bugger all to do in the sticks except hang out on TV.

This poll won't show where most people live, but where most people have the most internet usage.

Hahaha, so u have over 700 posts, but u never go on TVF? Hmmm very strange that.

I live in Korat City, plenty of things to do here, on the border of Isaanland, gf is from Loei, nice up there, I love Khon Khaen too, great for golfing, do you golf Costas?

Oh, I didn't say I never went on TV. Just thinking the smaller cities and towns will have disproportionate response rate as less to do.

I'm in Chiang Rai, small city so spend a bit of time on here. Hahaha!

Why did you mot lable the map according to the options in the poll?

Example:

Purple = North East, = Essan???

Some in my area consider it Essan, some Northen, some Eastern.

This could skew the results of your pole.

Consistency is important in science.

It doesn't matter where people think they live, the regions in the map are labelled accordingly (by big brother, not by me, lol), and if they live in the purple bit, you may inform them they live in the northeast (aka Isaan, or whatever spelling you like). If they consider it to be the northern or eastern region, they are incorrect.

I used different names for fun, but i think they match simply enough. If you are unsure, process of elimination may work.

Edited by Water Buffalo

I'm sure all the ex SAS, paras & special forces live in million dollar pool villas [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope - met an ex-SBS (and I spent long enough in the Australian Army to know that he was, at the very least, ex British Army) soldier who was basically stuffed, mentally physically and financially. Sad to see someone who served their country in that state, but I suspect a lot of the damage was done after he arrived in Thailand. Still, easy for me to say - never been shot at and the only mates I lost were in vehicle/aircraft accidents.

I would have liked to see Burma, Cambo and Laos included as separate options to 'outside Thailand' - plenty on this board living in those countries, and anything thats only an hour's flight from BKK is little different to Udon or CM in the grand scheme of things, particularly if they live in Vientiane. I wouldnt want to have to walk into town from the border crossing but as the crow flies Nong Khai and VT are 'sister cities'.