Nine Phuket meth dealers busted, 2,328 pills seized

Lite Beer

Nine Phuket meth dealers busted, 2,328 pills seized
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428753191_1-org.jpg

Gen Pachara (with microphone) introduces the nine dealers

PHUKET: More than 2,000 methamphetamine pills (ya bah) were seized from nine dealers yesterday (April 10) as part of an ongoing police drive against drugs during Songkran.

Police hope that questioning of the nine may lead to more arrests.

Phuket police commander Maj Gen Pachara Boonyasit showed journalists 2,328 ya bah pills in 46 packets.

The eight men and one woman were named as Pongsakorn Suknuan, Nattapong Srikaew, Nattanon Chaitan, Wisat Paosri, Niroj Jirapan, Sarawut Sudmadam, Wittaya Apai, Sittichai Sales and Rungfah Kalapat.

All have been charged with possession of a Category 1 drug with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/nine-phuket-meth-dealers-busted-2-328-pills-seized-51858.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-11

I'm actually surprised that there is that much demand for the stuff. Catching a few thousand pills a day lately. Scary to think that there is that many zonked out druggies getting around.

Scary to think where they are getting the money from, to support their habbit.

I almost feel sorry for the girl. She looks like she knows what's coming.

Yeah, she's cleaning up her mouth.

A week or two and she'll be released.

I suspect she'll be doing a lot longer than that. Even a casual 'provider' can get several years (I have a sob story about that). I'd imagine she'd be in for 5 or maybe even 8+ years depending on the facts of the case, and If she or the others plead guilty for 50% off). Then there's who dobs who in, and who has most financial resources.

We all know corruption rots right through, but when they make an example they can be pretty tough.

I almost feel sorry for the girl. She looks like she knows what's coming.

Yeah, she's cleaning up her mouth.

A week or two and she'll be released.

I suspect she'll be doing a lot longer than that. Even a casual 'provider' can get several years (I have a sob story about that). I'd imagine she'd be in for 5 or maybe even 8+ years depending on the facts of the case, and If she or the others plead guilty for 50% off). Then there's who dobs who in, and who has most financial resources.

We all know corruption rots right through, but when they make an example they can be pretty tough.

Phuket prison hasn't got enough room to make too many "examples."

They just let 233 prisioners out, on a pardon.

They are too cheap to extend, or build another prison. A lot easier, and cheaper, to just "pardon" them.

No wonder reported crime is on the rise here.

Not to mention Phuket's famous never ending bail, which basically puts the criminal back to work, for monthly payments, to keep their case from getting to Court.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

To let them run after a while is the worst case. I would give all of them 10 years in prison, but with the option of 50 % discount,while telling me the names of their seller, until I reaching the top and there is no discount anymore.