Car financing

Beware and watch out! Besides the interest you have to pay, car dealers will add the costs for a credit default swap. Better to get that money from a bank. Should work with a Condo. Compare interest rates! Calculate yourself; sometimes those rates are given as a percentage of the loan, but as that loan normally is an annuity loan, the effective interest rate is about double as high.

Pardon my ignorance...what is a credit default swap? In the context of a simple car loan?

I think he means the finance company tries to increase the purchase price of the car to recoup their missing / lost payments from the original purchaser.

So if you buy from a used car lot / tent dealer, these costs are built into the selling price.

Pardon my ignorance...what is a credit default swap? In the context of a simple car loan?

I think he means the finance company tries to increase the purchase price of the car to recoup their missing / lost payments from the original purchaser.

So if you buy from a used car lot / tent dealer, these costs are built into the selling price.

I am lost here (not the first time lol) but I negotiated the price of my truck directly with the tent and only after that did we get finance involved. Price didn't change.