OBEC to make a blacklist of ill-behaved teachers

webfact

OBEC to make a blacklist of ill-behaved teachers

BANGKOK, 15 April 2015, (NNT) - The Office of Basic Education Commission (OBEC) is making a blacklist of ill-behaved teachers and other personnel who violate students' rights.

The office said the list will be part of an internal inspection system while giving an assurance that OBEC itself would lend a hand investigating institutional staff members suspected of such violations.

Mr.Thipa Bhawangkanantha, OBEC’s Head of the Child Protection Center, explained several complaints have been made on the matter, saying that his center is responsible for aiding and protecting child victims, while investigating such allegations.

He said, in order to speed up the Child Protection Center’s work, the blacklist will be established. Mr. Thipa elaborated that the list would consist of the names of personnel from the education sector who have already been warned about violating students' rights.

He believes that initially the list will be used to examine a teacher’s qualifications, adding that schools can also request a background check of any particular instructor at the OBEC.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-15 footer_n.gif

I wonder:

- What 'violating students rights' covers, how broad is this term?

- Whether local school principal, directors, etc., will be compelled (by some form of fine / punishment whatever) to the principal / director) if they don't report any

transgressions. And perhaps the reporting should, by a regulation, have at least a basic formatted report attached with statement by pupils, parents, etc., attached?

- Whether parents and students who have a case will have the right to check whether the teacher concerned has been added to the ultimate OBEC list?

- Whether this should be in place for all levels of teachers?

- Does this mean that in the past OBEC kept no such records?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

...are these the same people that 'administered the teacher testing' ???....

...God help us all.....

...with jealousy and racism factored in.....I do not see any 'justice' coming of this...

...there does not seem to be any 'independent investigation' of anything in this nation....

I see this as a way for schools to threaten teachers and for personalities to come out.

In a normal time when teachers have the ability to defend themselves in a court of some sort this would make sense but here it is just going to be I don't like you so I am going to report you.

• Like 1