Give her a wave as she crosses through Thailand on the way to Mount Everest.

soihok

Nik,

Duke would be too heavy in TIbet on snowy rough roads.

Likely not too many Duc dealers there .

IF Suzi needs parts, local stuff interchanges.

She will need smaller jetting for carb as she gains altitude.

Available there I guess.

Same with lipstick.

They manufacture quite an assortment of goods in China.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fakery is so obvious...

From the spotless clean lass and her spotless clean bike at every photo op, to the "selfie" photos taken in the middle of nowhere by her bf (casually sleeping next to a tiger? selfie of herself asleep in hotel room, and in a car? cmon...), to that van she is following with the non-thai number plate - it all feels so fake.

Pfff... what's the point?

This fakery is so obvious...

From the spotless clean lass and her spotless clean bike at every photo op, to the "selfie" photos taken in the middle of nowhere by her bf (casually sleeping next to a tiger? selfie of herself asleep in hotel room, and in a car? cmon...), to that van she is following with the non-thai number plate - it all feels so fake.

Pfff... what's the point?

I would expect a nonThia license plate on a vehicle if China.

If her boyfriend photographs her then it would not be a selfie, would it?

Lack critical thinking skills on your part...obvious.

Must admit I am now having my doubts.

Up to entering China I was still on the "she's going alone" side of the fence, now I am not so sure.

What are the photos about in China. She is on dirt tracks. The roads through Yunnan towards Tibet will be paved and busy, not small hill tracks off to villages. To do these she almost certainly won't be alone, and why would she want to go up them on her own anyway? I though she was heading to Everest. Still a long way to go.

I smell something fishy.

I hope to be proved wrong, but since entering China it just seems to be a bit too suspect.

What you say Vaune?

Edited by soihok

This comment by Mark Allen on the fake bike chickie's Facebook page, has just been selectively removed:

"Miss Vaune Phan, sadly, there is rumours that this is all faked, that you only stop and take youre bike from inside a van for photos and you are not riding the bike.

I happen to not believe these stories, but maybe you can put a photo of your speedo before and now to show the kilomters travelled.

No news from you for a few days. Is all well? Good luck."

I am still living in hope that Miss Phan will prove us all wrong.

I do admire her willingness to exposure and think what she is doing is great.

Better than the day job, that is for sure.

I would like to do what she is doing and I am certain most people commentating would also. I would not make a fuss though, and just do it.

Let's not forget why she is doing this though, which is to focus attention towards a good cause. For this she has my applause.

Go for it Vaune.

Just keep it honest and open, that's all.

Mmm

The plot thickens.

To be continued

Yes,

Intriguing story.....i'm not sure about this one......could be faked as in using the van, but surely having a "faked engine problem and repair" is going a bit far...does add a touch of reality to it all though.

What about the documentaries The Long Way Down and The Long Way Around....Those trips took years to plan. They had a support crew. They also had a third bike cameraman......And free bikes from BMW..........She would have to have a support van. Her gig is she is a hot little girl on a bike....hot little girls dont for the most part do things like this so its fun.

Plus we can all sit around and think, damn Iwish I had a hot little gf that would do this...or Hell, I wish I was doing it.....

The Truth....People, mostly guys, go on hard world class rides all the time........

Re: clean bike, spotless makeup, etc.

Maybe she's just really meticulous about having the bike washed, showering and putting on fresh makeup before she takes any photos biggrin.png

I just wrote the same on her FB page and asked how she manage that?

But I guess a little spoiled brat from Singapore are to hi-so to answer that. biggrin.png

She seems to be a master in handling stick and bike at same time. But she still hasnt told us what brand the magick selfie stick is that makes such perfect pictures. A must have for all bikers from now on biggrin.png

Self promotion 100%... Cuz some chic has a.. pretty 6 and takes photos wearing high heels on a bike.. and she decides to take a long ride...... we are supposed to say.. good show, young lady... Sorry to say it .. she belongs in the motorshows.. just saying...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

I think most of us now came to the conclusion, that this whole trip is not what miss Vaune wants her followers to believe. Kinda sad since she's doing it for a good cause. With pretending to ride solo ( which by now is pretty obvious she isn't) she only makes a fool out of herself and once exposed will have her loose face big time.

It would have been better doing it with a support vehicle and being open about it.

And I'm afraid the whole Van story might be even true, which is even more embarrassing.

I mentioned earlier in this thread a real lady motorcycle adventurer: Lois Pryce and I'm doing it again, If you wanna read about real long distance rides check out her books.

She's my heroine.

post-143096-0-77310900-1434907651_thumb.

and for Miss Vaune....... there plenty of more suitable jobs for you in Thailand:

post-143096-0-77250100-1434908358_thumb.

post-143096-0-43904300-1434908360_thumb.post-143096-0-56617700-1434908362_thumb.

I don't know much about the specifics of Vaune's trip because I've been busy enough working on my own plans, neither have I been following the photos/story. However she did give me some helpful information a while back on riding in China, and quite openly confirmed what I had heard which is that when riding a foreign bike in China you need to have a guide with you at all times. So that could be the van...

She has recently updated her blogpage but only to the Bangkok to Chiang Rai trip.

Bit confusing as she keeps on about a 1000k ride taking 16 hours.

AFAIK its about 800ks and even allowing for a low speed on her bike and many makeup/selfie shots i cant see it taking 16 hours.

Good luck to her if she is still on the go!

Self promotion 100%... Cuz some chic has a.. pretty 6 and takes photos wearing high heels on a bike.. and she decides to take a long ride...... we are supposed to say.. good show, young lady... Sorry to say it .. she belongs in the motorshows.. just saying...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Self promotion? where? On her blog and fakebook is about all.

One small news report in Singapore a few months ago is all i can find as a 'self promotion"

No one has suggested that you need say 'good show" or offer support.

If it hadn't been posted on TV no one much would know about it.

She wanted to ride to base camp as a personal challenge and also at the same time raise money for a charity and she set out to do so.

Whether or not she has done it on a bike alone or used a van as suggested is unproven either way

Time will tell.

Until then how about keep an open mind.