Give her a wave as she crosses through Thailand on the way to Mount Everest.

soihok

Self promotion 100%... Cuz some chic has a.. pretty 6 and takes photos wearing high heels on a bike.. and she decides to take a long ride...... we are supposed to say.. good show, young lady... Sorry to say it .. she belongs in the motorshows.. just saying...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Self promotion? where? On her blog and fakebook is about all.

One small news report in Singapore a few months ago is all i can find as a 'self promotion"

No one has suggested that you need say 'good show" or offer support.

If it hadn't been posted on TV no one much would know about it.

She wanted to ride to base camp as a personal challenge and also at the same time raise money for a charity and she set out to do so.

Whether or not she has done it on a bike alone or used a van as suggested is unproven either way

Time will tell.

Until then how about keep an open mind.

Dude you wrote it... QED.. She is better suited in the motor shows rather than out on the dirt... Just look at the real women.. on motorcycle treks.. that deserves recognition from Motorcycle riders..clap2.gifcoffee1.gif Not some Poseur...whistling.gif

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She seems to be a master in handling stick and bike at same time. But she still hasnt told us what brand the magick selfie stick is that makes such perfect pictures. A must have for all bikers from now on biggrin.png

post-143096-0-91924400-1434902029.jpg

Wonder if this camera runs android? Or maybe she just likes the cute robot logo.

This is one of the gadgets she uses. But she also has a selfie stick and a tripod. She is a real professional in making biking selfies. Would you handle a selfie stick while waiting at the traffic light? gigglem.gif

But i have to admit i envy her. Would like to have the time and money to do this trip myself.

And the deception goes on and on. It seems like miss Vaune is some kinda superwomen nor she or her bike being affected by high alltitude:

"Reached the highest altitude of the day at 4,292m! No altitude sickness so far though can feel the air is thinner here"

post-143096-0-35210700-1435134403_thumb.

"can feel the air is thinner here"

Gimme a break, I know from own experience ( been hiking in Nepal several times) that those kinda alltitudes are serious and (wo)man and machine are affected by it.

That little DR200 should have a very hard time at 4292 mtr's

Still following her trip, it's quite entertainingcheesy.gif

11372374_1463616877282455_1881623131_n.j

Finally she is getting nearer...

On her relatively super clean bike. It must be an annoyance having to pull that bike out the back of the van every time she wants a picture.

Well at least the part of her hair that isn't covered by the helmet got really dirty :D

Well. Cynical lot aren't we?

I am in China now (no, not with Miss Phan unfortunately- I am in Hangzhou).

Can't get access to Instagram.

Face book is banned, apparently.

I think she will be having a great time.

Good on her.

Upon her return to Singapore I guess she will give a full account.

I do think she was on her own until Laos though.

Edited by soihok

Let's face it. She is doing something that most of us failed to do when we were younger (I did get about UK, France, Spain and Portugal on an 88 GSXR750 when I was 23).

Not the same though.

I still say, good on her and I hope she has a great time

Edited by soihok

For those who have been wondering how I've been taking all my photos myself, here you go! THIS is my camera crew! From the HTC Re Camera and phones, to my Canon digital camera, my Drift Action cam, selfie stick and tripod. With these, you could take some cool shots yourself too! Other than that, visitors at scenic spots are more than happy to help me take a photo or two too

post-129800-0-87245700-1435148209_thumb.

Now its official: Must haves for all serious riders biggrin.png

For those who have been wondering how I've been taking all my photos myself, here you go! THIS is my camera crew! From the HTC Re Camera and phones, to my Canon digital camera, my Drift Action cam, selfie stick and tripod. With these, you could take some cool shots yourself too! Other than that, visitors at scenic spots are more than happy to help me take a photo or two too

Now its official: Must haves for all serious riders biggrin.png

Some Asians love stuff like that, and they rather chat on FB and Twitter(<deleted>) & posting pictures of their latest "adventures" than talk face to face, odd man.

I see them in Pattaya in the coffee shops, 4-6 Asian lady tourists together, they are all on-line on their 10" tablets busy telling/showing everybody how cool they are but the sad thing is; nobody gives a shit.

I also been around on bikes: Germany-France-Spain-Italy-Switzerland and so on.

Did a 3 month trip in Australia in 1998 on a Kawa klr650, great trip but quite lonely so I lived in the hotels with the bar on the ground-floor and got hammered almost every night, he-he.

If I was not married here in Thailand with a kid, I would likely move to Portugal just for the bike riding and easy access to the rest of EU, but still spend the winters here in LOS.

Well I had my time(s) and are happy enough with my current lifestyle and small 1 day blasts on my Versys 650.

The lady is collecting money for charity on her current trip and that is very nice of her, despite lipstick and selfies, my hat off for her.

She must have been hearing some comments. Decided to pose dirty to get some cred.

Yet her jacket laying across the seat still looks spotless. I wonder if they used some kind of brush to paint the dirt on the bike and her. Now that she's getting dirty I'd like to see a few more even dirtier pics. wink.png

Edited by macknife

She must have been hearing some comments. Decided to pose dirty to get some cred.

Yet her jacket laying across the seat still looks spotless. I wonder if they used some kind of brush to paint the dirt on the bike and her. Now that she's getting dirty I'd like to see a few more even dirtier pics. wink.png

I think dirty pics are not allowed on TVF.

Yes, there are some questionably clean/staged photos here.

I rode through Laos 10 days and never got the bike or my riding gear clean ever again.

When I was around 28 years old I walked around the top of Pikes Peak which is 4300m and in 10 minutes I felt weary.

I also spent a few hours hiking from ~2000 to ~3700 meters and thought I was going to die.

This was when I went to the gym every other day.

Whatever, I wish more women got out there and did stuff like this.

Real or not, its nice to see attractive women in the woods, what?, never mind.

• vaunephanTibet is EXTREMELY strict especially when it comes to foreigners entering. I cannot be seen without my local guide at these police road block check points as he carries all the necessary documents and permits. There is a check point almost every 50-80km and the speed limit is about 40kmh, therefore my riding hours are increased up to even 12 hours a day. Welcome to Tibet!

www.vaunephan.blogspot.sg

Vaune confirms she has a local guide, as pointed out earlier in this thread, it is a requirement.

Seems as if we have the van in a short video.

Lets hope she can post a photo of her speedo KM reading.

https://instagram.com/p/4ctoalQs9i/?taken-by=vaunephan

Would be great if she could also donate to the cause she will be traveling through in the last country she is trying to get to; Nepal and its earthquake victims. I'll bet it will be a challenge riding to Everest base camp along roads that might be still blocked due to rockfalls and avalanches. Doesn't seem the perfect time to be going that way!

You don't need to go to Nepal to get to Mount Everest, and I f she was trying for the Nepal side of Everest Wouldn't it have been easier to come up through India?

Yes, makes you wonder about the poor choice.

Anyway, the girl is not going to Everest North base camp - if she's lucky she'll get as far as "tourist base camp", about 30km away from the summit.

You don't need to go to Nepal to get to Mount Everest, and I f she was trying for the Nepal side of Everest Wouldn't it have been easier to come up through India?

Anyway, the girl is not going to Everest North base camp - if she's lucky she'll get as far as "tourist base camp", about 30km away from the summit.

The tourist base camp is as far as private vehicles are allowed to go.End of!

Through India was talked about but as for a good looking lady on a motorbike travelling through India, AKA world rape central....she was strongly advised against it.

She obviously made a good choice to go the way she is, so, no, not a poor choice at all IMO

Edited by garryjohns

I think now-a-days , India is to be avoided by female travelers , untill they get things under control . It will be nice for her to visit Nepal after what they have been through . She is making good progress .

I think now-a-days , India is to be avoided by female travelers , untill they get things under control . It will be nice for her to visit Nepal after what they have been through . She is making good progress .

Having been both in India and Nepal.

INDIA: I Never Do It Again.

NEPAL: Never Ending Peace And Love.

I went to Nepal several times,which is an amazing country, but India: not my cup of tea.

Some people seem to love it though.

She did it and looking good whilst doing it...but i'll bet she got properly dressed ASAP after the pic.....

post-224886-0-11756200-1435590527_thumb.

Edited by garryjohns

Oki... more city-girlie fakery ahead. My apologies to any of her loyal fanboys here, who seem to be mesmerized by her boyish young looks.

In this video she says:

"I was alone, and I knew I had to quickly get myself and my bike off the road. First thing I did was.. to take out my camera and capture this moment hahaha. Then I hurriedly went back to get my bike back up. Man, my back felt like it almost broke.
My guide arrived at the scene 20 minutes later, when my bike and I were already by the side so he thought I was taking photos of the scenery."

Well, wel, well... notice the camera is somewhat steady but moving, as it would, being hand-held by her companion on that road in the middle of nowhere. This fake fall episode has to rate as the most obvious of all her staged shots so far.

In this one, all her gear is no longer on the bike - obviously being carried by her support van as it took the vid - probably shot with one of her own (or companion's) cameras.

One last detail no-one here seems to have picked up on:

"Sleeping at 2am and waking up at 5am is.. pure torture. I’m exhausted. And I’m even more exhausted at the thought of having to ride close to 1,000KM straight, through 16 hours from Bangkok to Chiang Rai to play catch up today."

Apparently she arrived near Chiang Rai at 1am - a 20-hour ride after only three hours' sleep. That would be a mean feat even for a 24hr Le Mans driver after a full night's sleep, but maybe not so tough for a city girl if she could sleep in the back of her support van throughout most of the tedious BKK-CR trip. Anyone who's ever done a road trip on a bike will tell you that your biggest enemy is falling asleep at the handlebars. You are 8-12 hrs down the road, with a full night's rest behind you, and yet you'll begin to hallucinate things like "if I could just drop the bike on that mound of fluffy pillows on that corner ahead, it would be so cosy and confy..."

Oh, trials of the lonely long-distance rider...

Edited by Laisze

Oki... more city-girlie fakery ahead. My apologies to any of her loyal fanboys here, who seem to be mesmerized by her boyish young looks.

In this video she says:

"I was alone, and I knew I had to quickly get myself and my bike off the road. First thing I did was.. to take out my camera and capture this moment hahaha. Then I hurriedly went back to get my bike back up. Man, my back felt like it almost broke.

My guide arrived at the scene 20 minutes later, when my bike and I were already by the side so he thought I was taking photos of the scenery."

Well, wel, well... notice the camera is somewhat steady but moving, as it would, being hand-held by her companion on that road in the middle of nowhere. This fake fall episode has to rate as the most obvious of all her staged shots so far.

In this one, all her gear is no longer on the bike - obviously being carried by her support van as it took the vid - probably shot with one of her own (or companion's) cameras.

One last detail no-one here seems to have picked up on:

"Sleeping at 2am and waking up at 5am is.. pure torture. I’m exhausted. And I’m even more exhausted at the thought of having to ride close to 1,000KM straight, through 16 hours from Bangkok to Chiang Rai to play catch up today."

Apparently she arrived near Chiang Rai at 1am - a 20-hour ride after only three hours' sleep. That would be a mean feat even for a 24hr Le Mans driver after a full night's sleep, but maybe not so tough for a city girl if she could sleep in the back of her support van throughout most of the tedious BKK-CR trip. Anyone who's ever done a road trip on a bike will tell you that your biggest enemy is falling asleep at the handlebars. You are 8-12 hrs down the road, with a full night's rest behind you, and yet you'll begin to hallucinate things like "if I could just drop the bike on that mound of fluffy pillows on that corner ahead, it would be so cosy and confy..."

Oh, trials of the lonely long-distance rider...

Your ever increasing raving postings showing only sheer envy for this lady is understandable...but... "boyish good looks??"..gigglem.gif

Her next 'pic' will at the top of Mount Everest next to her nice clean bike in a bikini.

Yep, and then she jumps and uses a wingsuit to go back home...

Edited by wantan