Can someone give me advice on falling for a Thai girl?

roro1990

Unless you live with her you full time, you have very little chance of making it work. The minute you are on the plane she is off with the next guy. In her case she was already off with other guys when you were in the country staying at her place.

I really don't think it can work, as that is the same pattern with most bar girls.

Good luck anyway.

I had left her place when she went off with him, which doesn't really excuse it but still. just thought id clarify that.

Plenty of girls around. Try another one . All these poor girls are after your ATM card so enjoy without love. You are just a good an actor,so enjoy their pleasure till the price gets too high. Do not look for LOVE it would end in TEARS

She knows i don't have much money. I have never in 2 years of knowing her made a single payment of money to her. Some might say this adds weight to the fact she might actually like me seeing as she's still bothering with me in spite of this knowledge.

Hmmm...it is a difficult one alright. I will address your three main points.

1.) Her meeting another guy and going on holiday with him is not an issue. Why would it be? She barely knew you.

2.) Her not telling you about it is not an issue either. When you date a girl you barely know, do you tell her about all your other dates recently? No, you don't cos you barely know her and its not her business.

3.) The issue here is her job.

I have been here long enough to know there is virtually no such thing as a massage shop that doesn't offer sexual services. Or, to put it more accurately, a massage shop that doesn't have a member of staff (or two) who aren't willing to offer sexual services. They all have staff who will give a happy ending. To what extent depends on the individual.

Here is a social experiment i advice you to conduct:

The best education you can give yourself here is this: get an oil massage everyday in the so called "normal massage shops". Don't go to the obvious brothels cos you know what you are gonna get. Go to the regular places. The places around where she works, which appear to be the same sort of establishment as she works in, preferably. And for heavens sake, don't act all shy and wear your underwear during the massage, cos then you probably won't be offered anything. If you aren't shy, they won't be. But, you must ask for an oil massage, otherwise you won't be offered anything.

But it could be anywhere, in any part of the country. If you ask for an oil massage, more often than not you will be offered extras (to one extent or another). It could be a regular looking place and the masseuse could be an innocent seeming 60 year-old woman, it's still highly likely you will get a happy ending.

If you do this, you will learn a lot about her line of work. It won't tell you about her specifically, but it will give you a lot of insight. Trust me.

P.S. I would like to note, that i am not suggesting you get involved in prostitution. It would be against forum rules for me to suggest that here. I am suggesting you become a customer at the type of places where she works and see what goes on for yourself. And if you are offered anything extra, you may decline, of course. You say you are 90% sure, but i think if you take my advice for a few weeks, you will be down to less than 5% sure.

Edited by Water Buffalo
  • Like 2

He's not talking about the girl next door back home. This is terrible advice. He's talking about a proven lying Thai girl who is highly likely to be a sex worker. There's far more to consider than just whether they are compatible are not.

It doesn't matter if YOU think dating a "sex worker" is morally wrong! It's utterly irrelevant, unless you really know what girls next door to his home look like.

What matters is the OP's judgement about this.

• Like 2

Having a massive déjà vu attack right now. I swear TVF is recycling old threads & stamping them with new dates. Anyone else convinced they've read this before ?

Is Thai bar girl different to most?
Started by scoteng, 2014-09-03 21:58

A classic thread. Many parallels. OP would do well to read in its lengthy entirety.

Curiously, scoteng was 24 at the time, the same age as the OP whistling.gif

Edited by Gecko123

Hmmm...it is a difficult on alright. I will address your three main points.

1.) Her meeting another guy and going on holiday with him is not an issue. Why would it be? She barely knew you.

2.) Her not telling you about it is not an issue either. When you date a girl you barely know, do you tell her about all your other dates recently? No, you don't cos you barely know her and its not her business.

I have been here long enough to know there is virtually no such thing as a massage shop that doesn't offer sexual services. Or, to put it more accurately, a massage shop that doesn't have a member of staff (or two) who aren't willing to offer sexual services.

They all have staff who will give a happy ending. To what extent depends on the individual.

The best education you can give yourself here is this: get an oil massage everyday in the so called "normal massage shops". Don't go to the obvious brothels cos you know what you are gonna get. Go to the regular places. The places around where she works, which appear to be the same sort of establishment as she works in, preferably. And for heavens sake, don't act all shy and wear your underwear during the massage, cos then you probably won't be offered anything. If you aren't shy, they won't be. But, you must ask for an oil massage, otherwise you won't be offered anything.

But it could be anywhere, in any part of the country. If you ask for an oil massage, more often than not you will be offered extras (to one extent or another). It could be a regular looking place and the masseuse could be an innocent seeming 60 year-old woman, it's still highly likely you will get a happy ending.

If you do this, you will learn a lot about her line of work.

Trust me.

P.S. I would like to note, that i am not suggesting you get involved in prostitution. It would be against forum rules for me to suggest that here. I am suggesting you become a customer at the type of places where she works and see what goes on for yourself. And if you are offered anything extra, you may decline, of course. You say you are 90% sure, but i think if you take my advice for a few weeks, you will be down to less than 5% sure.

Thanks for your helpful post. To be honest I have only ever gone for one oil massage and I was shy about it and wasn't offered anything. Hers is definitely a regular looking place. Staff are not dressed slutty or anything like that and are all by no means models. Even my girl isn't that amazing looking - i'm attracted more to her personality, we get on very well. which isn't to say bad looking women don't give handjobs, i'm sure they do in many massage places. You say that all shops have at least one worker who does happy endings, fair enough. But what if she isn't that person? I am probably being ignorant, and as a young guy with little experience of this shit maybe i'm being plain stupid, but I did believe her after asking her many times if she does that stuff. She possibly does or did do it, but I actually can never really know for sure. Should I let that be the deciding factor on whether i should keep talking with her? I'm not sure. I think it would be slightly unfair

I have been here long enough to know there is virtually no such thing as a massage shop that doesn't offer sexual services. Or, to put it more accurately, a massage shop that doesn't have a member of staff (or two) who aren't willing to offer sexual services.

They all have staff who will give a happy ending. To what extent depends on the individual.

Trust me.

Thanks for your helpful post. To be honest I have only ever gone for one oil massage and I was shy about it and wasn't offered anything. Hers is definitely a regular looking place. Staff are not dressed slutty or anything like that and are all by no means models. Even my girl isn't that amazing looking - i'm attracted more to her personality, we get on very well. which isn't to say bad looking women don't give handjobs, i'm sure they do in many massage places. You say that all shops have at least one worker who does happy endings, fair enough. But what if she isn't that person? I am probably being ignorant, and as a young guy with little experience of this shit maybe i'm being plain stupid, but I did believe her after asking her many times if she does that stuff. She possibly does or did do it, but I actually can never really know for sure. Should I let that be the deciding factor on whether i should keep talking with her? I'm not sure. I think it would be slightly unfair

The fact her place looks regular and they dress normal means nothing (in my experience). It is still highly likely more stuff goes on there. You can't know for sure with her, that's true. Should it be a deciding factor? I am not sure either. I depends on whether or not you are happy marrying a women who may have given a thousand happy endings, for all you know.

Ok, a different experiment. Why not try to meet another girl and see how it changes your feelings for the first one?

P.S...I agree with the other poster who said that the work in Malaysia and South Korea, of course, involves sex.

Edited by Water Buffalo

Trust me.

The fact her place looks regular and they dress normal means nothing (in my experience). It is still highly likely more stuff goes on there. You can't know for sure with her, that's true. Should it be a deciding factor? I am not sure either. I depends on whether or not you are happy marrying a women who may have given a thousand happy endings, for all you know.

Ok, a different experiment. Why not try to meet another girl and see how it changes your feelings for the first one?

P.S...I agree with the other poster who said that the work in Malaysia and South Korea, of course, involves sex.

A good experiment for me to try but Part of my problem is low self-esteem. This girl has been supportive of me despite knowing I suffer with a lot of anxieties. So I feel attached to her in a weird way. Being blunt, i'm not the type guy who gets loads of action with women. I've had sex with three in my entire life. So it is not easy for me to go out there and meet women. Incidentally I don't think im hideous looking, I just have zero confidence. Hence my obsession with this girl. The fear is that i'll be doomed to loneliness if it doesn't work out with her.

As regards to the sex, she told me that her boss in Korea says she doesn't want the girls who will work there to give happy endings but i guess thats because its what i wanted to hear. that doesn't mean she won't do it, and to be honest your sentence about marrying a girl who possibly gave a thousand handjobs makes me feel slightly nauseous. It's probably not the type of girl i should be looking to marry. But I can't allow myself to just assume sex massages is how she lives

I don't doubt this girl has a good heart, but desperation for money causes people to do these things. So maybe she does. It'snot an easy situation for me to be in because i like to see the good in people.

Edited by roro1990

Yes, it doesn't look good.

Why not play the field a little and get some perspective. That's what she seems to be doing, so don't feel bad about it.

You should put all your eggs in one basket. I wish someone told me that when i first came here.

Enjoy yourself for a few years while dating her casually. Sooner or later you will understand what she is like very well.

• Like 1

You are very young and you will be new in Thailand. If you like her. just have a good time until you learn about the culture and also meet other people. At your age will be easy to learn the language, that you will need anyway to find a job and become a local, and not a tourist. You will meet also Thai young guys that will give you their opinions and advice. There are a lot of very nice girls in Thailand, and you will meet them, at work or school. Enjoy your time of a single man in Thailand and not hurry in taking decisions that may change your life. She may get pregnant even if that is not your intention. Looks also that you didn't meet her family and friends. Are you ready to deal with parenthood, without an independent life here?.

Many questions for you to think about, with the right head. Got it?

Edited by umbanda

A good experiment for me to try but Part of my problem is low self-esteem. This girl has been supportive of me despite knowing I suffer with a lot of anxieties. So I feel attached to her in a weird way. Being blunt, i'm not the type guy who gets loads of action with women. I've had sex with three in my entire life. So it is not easy for me to go out there and meet women. Incidentally I don't think im hideous looking, I just have zero confidence. Hence my obsession with this girl. The fear is that i'll be doomed to loneliness if it doesn't work out with her.

I admire your honesty. I've always wondered about young farang guys seeking Thai women. When I was your age back home (USA), I'd prefer an American woman...i.e., a woman I could actually communicate with perfectly. But if it's easy for you to find a woman in Thailand, then it's pretty much easy for everyone, don't you think? There's a subculture of Thai women who seek farangs, usually for financial reasons. They are not top tier Thai women. They believe all farangs are rich or potentially rich. Nothing you can say will change their minds.

• Like 1

I admire your honesty. I've always wondered about young farang guys seeking Thai women. When I was your age back home (USA), I'd prefer an American woman...i.e., a woman I could actually communicate with perfectly. But if it's easy for you to find a woman in Thailand, then it's pretty much easy for everyone, don't you think? There's a subculture of Thai women who seek farangs, usually for financial reasons. They are not top tier Thai women. They believe all farangs are rich or potentially rich. Nothing you can say will change their minds.

I didn't even come to thailand seeking the girls here as i outlined in my post. i came here for the typical backpacker trail but found myself going around with this girl for a while. note that this girl knows i dont have much money. ive outlined it to her several times which is why my scenario is probably atypical. yes i have had enough money to make a few trips to thailand but that doesnt mean i have enough to support her especially now that im not working. yet she continues to talk to me

This story has so many alarm bells ringing it's giving me tinnitus. The Troll alarm is blinking too.

But - for what's it's worth here my 2 cents .....

Run!

If you need more details:

I've never seen a real case of a customer being thrown out of a massage shop in Thailand for requesting a rub and tug - so this parts just not true.

'Poor' girls going to Korea are providing 'services'.

Thailand has an excess of pretty girls and most of them would like someone to look after them - so go for perfection and take your time 'window shopping'.

'Perfection' is unlikely to be an ex sex worker. Not impossible - she should be good in the sack and may be a very nice girl - but it's your life we are talking about so I mean real perfection.

There are Thai girls out there who can meet most men's ideas of perfection ....

1. Cute

2. Nice personality

3. Fun loving

4. Faithful

5. Caring

6. Cute

7. Tolerant

8. Calm

9. Cute

10. Nice rack

(10 can be a challenge - but they are out there)

Also - but this is a tough one ..

11. Orphan

• Like 1

but Part of my problem is low self-esteem. This girl has been supportive of me despite knowing I suffer with a lot of anxieties. So I feel attached to her in a weird way. Being blunt, i'm not the type guy who gets loads of action with women. I've had sex with three in my entire life. So it is not easy for me to go out there and meet women. Incidentally I don't think im hideous looking, I just have zero confidence. Hence my obsession with this girl. The fear is that i'll be doomed to loneliness if it doesn't work out with her.

As regards to the sex, she told me that her boss in Korea says she doesn't want the girls who will work there to give happy endings but i guess thats because its what i wanted to hear. that doesn't mean she won't do it, and to be honest your sentence about marrying a girl who possibly gave a thousand handjobs makes me feel slightly nauseous. It's probably not the type of girl i should be looking to marry. But I can't allow myself to just assume sex massages is how she lives

I don't doubt this girl has a good heart, but desperation for money causes people to do these things. So maybe she does. It'snot an easy situation for me to be in because i like to see the good in people.

To be honest the girl does not sound desperate to me from your descriptions. I'm also surprised you say you have no self-esteem; it's not how you came across here.

It's it possible that she has given you a lot of self-esteem? Wouldn't be worth to treasure her for that instead of feeling dependent on her? You don't need to marry her, but she might be someone who had influenced your life in a meaningful way -- a friend at this time of your life. Why do you think you will not find anyone else in your life?

Edited by Morakot

roro , When these girls go to work in Korea they are usually going to work in the sex trade . You will think your girl is different as have many men over many years .

I have never known anyone to be offended by a sexual suggestion in a massage shop in Thai . To someone to be " thrown out " is like throwing money out the door .

You are much too young to be thinking of settling with this girl , she will be playing what is known as " the long game " with you and she has time on her side . Just my opinion from what I read into your opening post

• Like 1

but Part of my problem is low self-esteem. This girl has been supportive of me despite knowing I suffer with a lot of anxieties. So I feel attached to her in a weird way. Being blunt, i'm not the type guy who gets loads of action with women. I've had sex with three in my entire life. So it is not easy for me to go out there and meet women. Incidentally I don't think im hideous looking, I just have zero confidence. Hence my obsession with this girl. The fear is that i'll be doomed to loneliness if it doesn't work out with her.

To be honest the girl does not sound desperate to me from your descriptions. I'm also surprised you say you have no self-esteem; it's not how you came across here.

It's it possible that she has given you a lot of self-esteem? Wouldn't be worth to treasure her for that instead of feeling dependent on her? You don't need to marry her, but she might be someone who had influenced your life in a meaningful way -- a friend at this time of your life. Why do you think you will not find anyone else in your life?

Yeah she's not desperate. She's a good woman who has made some mistakes and may or may not do things that i dont agree with. to be honest if i knew she was a sex worker i couldnt really get past that but ill have to take her word for it because she will never admit to giving happy massages. the fact she never has asked me for money and knows i dont have much differentiates this from the typical scenario.

she hasnt really given me self esteem but she made me forget my problems which was nice. i dont think i will find someone else because ive always been quite a lonely person. as a very shy guy i dont meet a lot of people

roro , When these girls go to work in Korea they are usually going to work in the sex trade . You will think your girl is different as have many men over many years .

I have never known anyone to be offended by a sexual suggestion in a massage shop in Thai . To someone to be " thrown out " is like throwing money out the door .

You are much too young to be thinking of settling with this girl , she will be playing what is known as " the long game " with you and she has time on her side . Just my opinion from what I read into your opening post

I appreciate your honesty. i know there is a good chance she will be doing happy endings over in korea, but there is still the possibility that she wont be. i really dont know what to think to be honest. the fact she keeps calling me every few hours and the fact im staying in her room makes it difficult to just forget her and cut her out of my life.

i never thought about it the long game way. i do genuinely believe she likes me though, but i guess this long game idea gave me a different perspective on her motives.

the fact she never has asked me for money and knows i dont have much differentiates this from the typical scenario.

Wrong.

Go read a few pages from the Readers Submissions on stickmanbangkok dot com

Many guys have written it: "But my girl is good-hearted. I've already told her I'm not rich. She's never asked me for money. This one's different."

Go see. Seems like that website will be an education to you.

Are you arguing that one person cannot be different to the next? that just because a similar scenario has popped up on an internet forum before means every situation will play out the same way? maybe there have been thousands of situations like mine that were never posted on the net because they worked out...this isn't me being in denial but im trying to be realistic. i dont like to tar all people with the same brush

I appreciate your honesty. i know there is a good chance she will be doing happy endings over in korea, but there is still the possibility that she wont be. i really dont know what to think to be honest. the fact she keeps calling me every few hours and the fact im staying in her room makes it difficult to just forget her and cut her out of my life.

i never thought about it the long game way. i do genuinely believe she likes me though, but i guess this long game idea gave me a different perspective on her motives.

You do understand 'happy endings' are a uniquely western foreigner activity, mainly because they know westen men will accept less.

Asian customers expect full sex, if she is going to work in Malaysia, Korea, Singapore with Asian clients, it's gonna be full sex.

• Like 1

You're stuck on send and/or can't receive.

Which leads me to believe you're either a troll, or a pussy.

If you're the latter, these girls will eat you for breakfast.

Take two ladyboys and post us in the morning.

• Like 1

If she <deleted> around on her old boyfriend and he was sending her money, what makes you think with you NOT sending her money she would stick around with you? The most important thing for a Thai woman is a man who can and will take care of her....it IS NOT love. Not saying love wont happen but, it isnt what thai girls look for in a man. And if she is going to another country for work....its for sex trade 100%. You stick around, you are doomed