Tourist Visas For Thais To The Uk

Tiesto

Well IF she can get one , they can be of almost any length. I believe there is still a ten year one unless thats changed , HOWEVER in reality, unless she is a very high flying Thai in a top top position , she will have to state on the application form how long she wants and will almost certainly be given 6 months when she arrives at immigration in the UK.

Its important to understand that if you say 3 weeks then you stay 3 weeks . Just because you get given 6 months does not mean she can stay 6 months unless she wants problems with future applications.

This is in the wrong forum and will no doubt be moved to the right one by the mods

Well IF she can get one
In the last year for which figures are available, 94.7% of visit visa applications were successful (source).

Tiesto,

The standard visit visa is for 6 months. Unless she has visited the UK before she is unlikely to get longer, this time. Even if she does get a longer one, the maximum stay in the UK is still 6 months. She will also probably be refused entry if it looks like she could be spending more than 6 months out of any 12 in the UK.

Have a look through:-

Guidance for Visitors Visa Applications

Guidance - Sponsors

Application Centre

Document checklist

Any further questions, post them in Visas and migration to other countries.

Edited by GU22

• 6 months later...
Hi,

My girl friend is Thai and wants to get a tourist visa, how long can the maximum tourist visa last for if she could get one?

Thanks

Tiesto

Was she successful in getting the visa? My TG is about to apply for her 3rd TV. :o

Blimey, you dont hang around. What happenned to the Thai women married to the English guy that your are having an affair with?

See post "Another Dumb Farang Question, Met a girl whos married"

Me smells a troll...

What a f*cking useless forum! No c*nt answers my question. I'm here to DJ and work and need to join a gym to keep me away from the bars! I suppose your all middle aged men here just after a young Thai girl that dont really want to be with you, but likes your money! Oh well I suppose i'll sort this one out myself! Its not too dificult just thought i'd post something, but I wont bother in future as your all a bunch of useless c*nts!