Ex-DSI chief Tharit calls asset freezing a political attack

webfact

Little red man running to the little red press. Boo hoo. Someone throw him a hankie.

what a horrible man who represents everything that is wrong in this country, these assets I believe held by his wife are a fraction of what this greedy little worm holds, what a scumbag, the unfortunate thing is that current or former Thai officials have found some really elaborate ways to conceal assets through years of practise - they could even described as experts - the hub of money hiding and laundering.

I hope that the current administration will find ways to track the money flow - but I have to say that I doubt it, a near impossible task

• Like 2

Of course its political!!!! Is he guilty? possibly/probably, but you have to have your head up your arse if you cannot see he has been targeted specifically as they need a result or to be seen to be doing something.

Nearly every single high ranking police or military officer has more wealth, as well as 1000's of civil servants, and yet they pick Tarit, because 'members of the public' asked for it to be investigated!!! Yeah of course!clap2.gif

Corrupt probably, worthy of investigation- yes why not, but dont pretend it has not been politically driven.

So even though he is possibly/probably guilty, it must be political? Is that because ANY prosecution of the criminals from the Yingluk government, their lackeys and sycophants must be political as nobody has seen fit to prosecute them before?

No flies on you, but plenty of spots where they've been.

Okay, you win.... It just so happens that in a sea of unusually wealthy officials, Tarit happens to be number one on the list for investigation. I wait with anticipation for further asset freezes of other unusually wealthy officials.......

If there are not more freezes then there is obviously more to it than him just being unusally wealthy...

The very fact that nearly every post on this thread says things like 'what goes around' etc says more than i ever could about whether this case is politically driven or not.

I am not justifying him or anyone in the YS Government or saying anyone should not be investigated. The question is whether this is politically driven, and putting all else aside, i believe it is.

Of course its political!!!! Is he guilty? possibly/probably, but you have to have your head up your arse if you cannot see he has been targeted specifically as they need a result or to be seen to be doing something.

Nearly every single high ranking police or military officer has more wealth, as well as 1000's of civil servants, and yet they pick Tarit, because 'members of the public' asked for it to be investigated!!! Yeah of course!clap2.gif

Corrupt probably, worthy of investigation- yes why not, but dont pretend it has not been politically driven.

Smutty, have you not worked it out yet ? You seem to be a smart guy who knows his way around Thai politics, so I'm surprised you ask such questions.

It's actually quite easy (think of Thaksin, hint hint).....................They-just-don't-like-him ! clap2.gif

what a joke of a man, he was the ptp's puppet and did whatever they told him too or should I say whatever thaksin said to do. When we look at some of the bullsh*t cases he pushed for them while ignoring any concerning ptp/red people its easy to see why he is now under investigation. Already found with his fingers in the pie of illegal land so no surprises here, thaksin took care of his henchmen very well financially when they did as he told them

There is no one better than the Puppet Master Prayut. No one can question his wealth and its sources while he pursues corruption within the CIVILIAN population.

• Like 1

Little red man running to the little red press. Boo hoo. Someone throw him a hankie.

that is a remarkably inaccurate & uninformed statement...

Tharit was part of the CRES during the 201 crackdown... I doubt that any red shirt would consider him a 'little red man'... cheesy.gif

..................."Speaking to Khaosod, Tharit said he has been a frequent victim of political attacks because of his oversight of major legal cases related to politics, such as the investigation into the deadly military crackdown on Redshirt protests in 2010, and criminal cases against leaders of the anti-government protests that preceded the May 2014 coup d'etat."........................

If this dirty little worm was not "walking on the red side", why then did he speak to Khaosod, if not looking for sympathy and support ?

• Like 1

that is a remarkably inaccurate & uninformed statement...

Tharit was part of the CRES during the 201 crackdown... I doubt that any red shirt would consider him a 'little red man'... cheesy.gif

Correct, he is not one of them (and probably detests them), he one of their paid stooges bought after they were elected. It should have been written as "The red's little man running to the red's little press".

Tharit seems to not have the right friends... as I recall, he was basically 'fired' right after the 'NCPO' took over.

In the current atmosphere of vengeance, it was only a matter of time before his number came up. coffee1.gif

He doesn't seem to have any friends, something he has/had in common with Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr (selected for your American narrow grasp of history) or Judas, if you prefer fiction.

Can you recall ANY instance of a bent copper, willing to abuse his office to the whims of those in power, who has prospered after the change of leadership? What do think happened to Boss Tweed's police commissioner?

BTW Boss Tweed and Thaksin - some accurate parallels there!

Spot on

Somehow there always seem to be persons more worthy of being investigated. To the point of distraction.