1 Year Visa

I have a question that I cannot find in search

I have a 1 year retirement visa, sent on august 30, 2005 from Thai embassy, Miami

I entered Thailand September 25, 2005 and reported every 90 days. I went back to America

April 2006. I have a 60 day visa to re enter Thailand for this month. Can I renew my 1 year visa

when I re enter this month. If so, can I do this at the airport immigration, or do I go to Bangkok

immigration office. I have read a website that said that I can renew by just showing my financial

and filling out the proper forms. The date of august 30 2005 shows as the date of issue, the date

of sept 25 2005 shows the entry. Which date does the 1 year start

Thanks for any help

You no longer have a valid long stay visa so you can not extend it. You now seem to have a tourist visa and will re enter using that. After you do this you can visit immigration with the required documents to extend your stay for one year on the basis of retirement - bank account 800k/letter from bank/medical/letter from Embassy if using pension income. Immigration can then change your visa to non immigrant for 2,000 baht and then you can do the normal extension of stay for 1,900 baht.

Remember that any extension of stay expires if you depart Thailand without a re entry permit (which you obviously must have done if you plan to enter on a 60 day tourist visa).

Your one year would have started on Sep 25 and your permitted to stay stamp should have read Sep 24, 2006. But that is history if you departed without a re entry permit.

I have a 1 year retirement visa, sent on august 30, 2005 from Thai embassy, Miami

I entered Thailand September 25, 2005 and reported every 90 days. I went back to America

April 2006. I have a 60 day visa to re enter Thailand for this month. Can I renew my 1 year visa

when I re enter this month. If so, can I do this at the airport immigration, or do I go to Bangkok

immigration office. I have read a website that said that I can renew by just showing my financial

and filling out the proper forms. The date of august 30 2005 shows as the date of issue, the date

Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

forgot to mention that my visa is stamped "multiple re entry is good"

Are you sure that is exactly what it is says on the visa you got from the Thai consulate (not embassy) in Miami?

Or are you talking about a multiple re-entry permit you obtained from an immigration office in Thailand?

Actually, it does not matter now, since you say that before returning to Thailand you obtained a tourist visa and then entered Thailand with this visa. Therefore, the permission of stay you currently have stamped in your passport is based on the tourist visa, which means you are allowed to stay for only 60 days from your date of arrival, unless you apply for the extension mentioned by Lopburi.

--------------

Maestro

Are you sure that is exactly what it is says on the visa you got from the Thai consulate (not embassy) in Miami?

Or are you talking about a multiple re-entry permit you obtained from an immigration office in Thailand?

Actually, it does not matter now, since you say that before returning to Thailand you obtained a tourist visa and then entered Thailand with this visa. Therefore, the permission of stay you currently have stamped in your passport is based on the tourist visa, which means you are allowed to stay for only 60 days from your date of arrival, unless you apply for the extension mentioned by Lopburi.

--------------

Maestro

The 1 year visa from the Miami consulate says

category----o-a

good for multiple entries

issue aug 31

The 1 year visa from the Miami consulate says

category----o-a

good for multiple entries

issue aug 31

Aug 31, and what year? Is this your current visa? If not, what does your current visa say?

Edited by vinny