Koh Tao named Asia's No 1 island

webfact

Koh Tao named Asia's No 1 island

4-22-2015-11-14-25-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: - Koh Tao was named Asia’s Number 1 island and the world’s Number 5 island among tourists ahead of Bali and Phuket, according to TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site.

It was also ranked the world’s Number 5 travellers’ choice after Providenciates in Turkey, Maui in Hawaii, Roatan in Hondurus and Santorini in Greece.

TripAdvisor honours more than 100 islands worldwide. The annual awards are based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travelers across the globe.

The other top nine Travellers’ Choice islands in Asia are Bali, Phuket, Koh Samui, Lombok in Indonesia, Koh Lanta, Koh Pha-ngan, Boracay and Parawan in the Philippines and Malaysia’s Langkawi.

Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Watthanavarangkul said she was thrilled that five of Thailand’s islands have, once again, been featured within the top 10 islands in Asia for the 2015 Traveller’s Choice awards.

Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Islands
World
1. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Maui, Hawaii
3. Roatan, Honduras
4. Santorini, Greece
5. Ko Tao, Thailand
6. Madeira, Portugal
7. Bali, Indonesia
8. Mauritius, Africa
9. Bora Bora, French Polynesia
10. Fernando de Noronha, Brazil

Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Islands
Asia
1. Ko Tao, Thailand
2. Bali, Indonesia
3. Phuket, Thailand
4. Ko Samui, Thailand
5. Lombok, Indonesia
6. Ko Lanta, Thailand
7. Ko Phangan, Thailand
8. Boracay, Philippines
9. Palawan, Philippines
10. Langkawi, Malaysia

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/koh-tao-named-asias-no-1-island

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-23

While the mention to those on this Forum of Koh Tao immediately brings to mind the tragic events of last September 2014, it seems most of those who actually visit the island and post rave reviews remain oblivious.

11016835_861769250535989_536100633343629

• Like 2

Remember when Tripadvisor shut down the KT page after the recent murders? Someone is definitely getting bought off.

Tripadvisor reviews are not verified and anyone can write anything about anywhere, good, bad or indifferent...

sorry you are wrong

there are moderators on tripadvisor the same as this thai visa site

so you cannot write freely whatever you want

Just goes to show, the worse it gets, the more unbelievable it gets.

Some of the most gruesome murders in the space of less than 12 months and it gets the award for No 1 island.. yeah No 1 likely change of getting killed on.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 2

Remember when Tripadvisor shut down the KT page after the recent murders? Someone is definitely getting bought off.

Tripadvisor reviews are not verified and anyone can write anything about anywhere, good, bad or indifferent...

sorry you are wrong

Yes, it probably has certain words that trigger a moderation. Profanities etc.

They are definitely moderated. I have twice tried to post negative reviews of Tiger Kingdom in Phuket and they would not post them. My reviews were no worse than other negative reviews and they refused to explain why my reviews were rejected although they hinted I was "biased." Strange that they want your opinion on a place then reject it as biased. They obviously had a full quota of negative reviews for that place for that month.

• Like 2

Can you bribe Tripadvisor to get a better ranking?

Koh Tao might have been "jacked up" by order of some TAT boys telling the staff to leave positive reviews. Wonders never seize and mysterious are the ways of the East.

Bribing them - how to prove? Honestly though, I don't think so but you can buy positive reviews.

sorry you are wrong

Wrong, as long as you keep the vocabulary right you can dump anything there. You do not have to provide proof of who you are nor if what you write is true based on facts!

sorry you are wrong

Not true .my daughter manages a GH in Australia.They had a family book in. The husband was abusive to his wife and kids ,other guests were complaining about the noise. The staff asked him politely to tone it down.Next morning he threw the keys at them,went home and wrote a scathing report which was on Trip Advisor. Approaches were made to Trip Advisor by my daughter with the real story ,they refused to remove the comment. I am surprised that Trip Advisor have not been sued or maybe they have. There might be moderators but they would need an army of them to verify claims and how do you suggest they do that pay a visit to check the dirty linen pool etc ? impossible