Koh Tao named Asia's No 1 island

webfact

Perhaps Krabi's islands can get a better rating if they get more rapes and murders. They had a rape (of a Dutch woman) last year, the Thai perp admitted it, then changed his story the next day, and was let off by his local cop buddies. Perhaps with a few more incidents like that, Krabi and Phi Phi can get better ratings.

The Dutch father was so enraged he wrote a song about it.

With backlash about the case due to the song, the rapist

was sentenced to 20 years. So maybe the parents of the

Brits killed on Koh Tao should have had their own song

written, The Evil Man/Men from Koh Tao.

The Evil Man from Krabi video. This Dad is a bit scary looking,

am sure if the rapist knew who the Dad was, he would

not have committed the rape.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzWY1bYK_kQ

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

I think the murders of 2 Brits on Koh Tao have been blown way out if proportion.

2 murders, 1 young girl's death from natural causes {possibly drugs}, and a French guy possibly suicide, in my mind does not make Koh Tao the "Death Island" the "Murder capitol of Thailand" or "the place one goes to if they have a death wish."

It is still a beautiful place to visit.

Name any place in the world and there will be crime stats that will show it to be dangerous.

People visiting Thailand need to be more concerned with wearing their helmets on motorcycles than with being murdered.

• Like 2

I discovered that TripAdvisor does not vet the comments ie ... 50 fantastic comments from the same ip within one hour ... I caught a hotel I stayed at doing this.

You can take this with a grain of salt ... there is a lot of motive for special interests to use their employee time writing fantastic reviews.

I think the murders of 2 Brits on Koh Tao have been blown way out if proportion.

2 murders, 1 young girl's death from natural causes {possibly drugs}, and a French guy possibly suicide, in my mind does not make Koh Tao the "Death Island" the "Murder capitol of Thailand" or "the place one goes to if they have a death wish."

Name any place in the world and there will be crime stats that will show it to be dangerous.

People visiting Thailand need to be more concerned with wearing their helmets on motorcycles than with being murdered.

I think the number is in line with murders everywhere....but this is a small island....and there has yet to be any resolution..if ever.

The killer/rapist might still be in the area.

Unless we already convicted the two Burmese guys.

• Like 1

I think the number is in line with murders everywhere....but this is a small island....and there has yet to be any resolution..if ever.

The killer/rapist might still be in the area.

Unless we already convicted the two Burmese guys.

The lack of resolution bothers me as well and events as these do tend to be felt bigger in small communities.

I just think TV viewers go overboard with the conspiracy crap.

• Like 2

A whole load of BS....... were trip advisor is full of....

I was sitting in a good Beach restaurant on Koh Samui, reading a article in a American Magazine about the 50 best restaurants in the world.....It happen to be that the restaurant I was in was mentioned....It was a good restaurant but not more, and I eat there several times...it was next to my bungalow....

Perhaps the fact that the owner was American and the journalist was to, and came on holiday there had something to do with it...?

by the way I tend to avoid all lists of the 10, 20, 50 100, best whatever.....it's always just page filling .....

Some of the very best world class restaurants were not even mentioned....

• Like 2

Re Koh Tao

"It was also ranked the world’s Number 5 travellers’ choice after Providenciates in Turkey"

Obviously translates differently in Thai...hardly a webfact (OP)
but. Providenciales not "Providenciates" is in the, Turks and Caicos Islands not Turkey.... not even close clap2.gif clap2.gif

Apologies to

NanLaew

who posted something similar in an earlier post sad.png

Edited by kaiyaibob
  • Like 1

I agree trip advisor is a joke. Open a dive restaurant and have all your friends write rave reviews and get it ranked as number one....Koh Tao is way past its expiration date as for Samui, I refused 10 years ago to ever return.

If you are happy to hang out with murderers and rapists, your mind is a place I don't want to be looking into.

• Like 2

Reading this headline, I puked a large blob of green peo soup alike vomit onto the screen...

Death island, a cesspit full of untouchable murderers and mafia types, destroyed by illegal structures and poaching has been voted Asia's No.1 island? You must be f(deleted) kidding me!

This clearly shows that quality, following rules and making an effort when doing business, don't count when it comes to customers' votes. So killing and raping a few tourists here and there per season, running mafia structures, drug parties, and erecting illegal structures on non-title (national park) land to accommodate tourists helps in getting better rankings then? Thanks for the lesson, superficial and blind-eyed trip advisor-using touists! ermm.gif

• Like 1

Now that the Chinese are coming in their teeming millions, I am glad to see that none of my favourite islands are mentioned in the list.

Far be it from me to mention any names though, let Lonely Planet and Tripadvisor readers trudge their weary way from one overdeveloped island to the next under-resourced island.

Toodle pip!

Too true cobber,these are just commercial tommy tourist gettos.Plenty of gems if you want to look.