Thai Elite Visa

It should take about a week to ten days get the visa depending on how quickly you pay after they've processed and accepted your application.

As for reporting until now I've been going to the local immigration office and do a 90 day report the same as anyone else on a long term visa.

I've heard about the new online reporting process, however I did my last 90 day report in March before online reporting became available and my next one is due in June which coincides with my yearly extension so I'll be going to immigration anyway. So I won't be testing online 90 day reporting until sometime in September.

• Like 1

tourist visas is another thread and visa entirely vipinthailand good luck

the pe elite visa for 5 years once extended in the final year will become close to 6 years in total one of the benefits of having 12 month extensions

• Like 1

no need, if you show you have 500k, they give you tourist visa one after one. no question asked.

I m in Thailand for 8 years now and under 50.

"I m in Thailand 8 years"

Bullshit, on a standard tourist visa you need to leave after 90 days.

Edited by dickyknee
  • Like 1

no need, if you show you have 500k, they give you tourist visa one after one. no question asked.

With your tourist visa (or visa exempt) option, it is not possible to "be in Thailand for 8 years now"...

What you have had is a "8 years of visa run / in and out' type of stay", as you already explained us in previous threads (You never mentioned 8 years though. It could be much less...)(But we already know that you enjoy these cheap guest houses, tuk tuks, crowded minivans, cheap tickets, etc...).

With a Thailand Elite PE visa, you could well have had 8 years of uninterrupted stay in Thailand, because that type of visa does not require you to leave Thailand to renew it (every 5 years).

But you don't have the funds for that option (as you already explained us in previous threads).

It's just to correct you a bit ;)

For the OP, indeed, follow the advise of Ubonjoe.

Everything has been said about Thailand Elite on this forum.

It is a great option, and once you experience the comfort and peace of mind that Thailand Elite provides to its members, you will understand that the fee is very very very reasonable.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

On another note I recently went to Malaysia, decided to give Songkran a miss this year and was pleased to here from the TE staff that my Thai partner would also be able to join me in the fast track immgration from now on and went on to say even if I turn up with a foreign friend she can't see why I wouldn't be assisted as they have had many enquiries regarding this issue... At no extra charge I might add.....

• Like 2

On another note I recently went to Malaysia, decided to give Songkran a miss this year and was pleased to here from the TE staff that my Thai partner would also be able to join me in the fast track immgration from now on and went on to say even if I turn up with a foreign friend she can't see why I wouldn't be assisted as they have had many enquiries regarding this issue... At no extra charge I might add.....

excellent. the benefits are really in place then. will help a lot in high season

• Like 1

this is something i've never heard before. are you doing border runs?

He would have done 32 separate 90 day border runs to stay on tourist visas for 8 years.

If you live right next to the border then I guess this isn't too much hassle. If you live nowhere near a border or airport then things get boring very quickly.

• Like 2

He would have done 32 separate 90 day border runs to stay on tourist visas for 8 years.

If you live right next to the border then I guess this isn't too much hassle. If you live nowhere near a border or airport then things get boring very quickly.

32 seperate 90 day border run... "boring"?

That looks more like a nightmare to me :blink:

• Like 2

"border runs"... Certainly, having to go to the border every 90 would give me the shits also.
  • Like 2

Actually, I think most tourist visas are for 60 days, then you can get an extension for 30 days before you have to leave the country. So if you did not live close to a border crossing you would be visiting one 6 times a year. Okay if you live close to a crossing, not so good if you live a long way away from a border and immigration office.

Actually, I think most tourist visas are for 60 days, then you can get an extension for 30 days before you have to leave the country. So if you did not live close to a border crossing you would be visiting one 6 times a year. Okay if you live close to a crossing, not so good if you live a long way away from a border and immigration office.

And that is if, and only if, the immigration systematically renews the tourist visa, which, according to what we read on this forum is like "mission impossible" (without mentioning the heavy toll on the nerves)...

That leaves us with only two things:

1) The super convenient Thailand Elite PE visa, which comes at a cost.

And 2) The VIPinthailand "tourist visa + lots of visa runs + tuk tuk & cheap guest houses' option",... which is ok for some, but certainly not for the ones with adequate funds...

Anyway, we should thank VIPinthailand for sharing his method, which, I guess, fits perfectly his type of lifestyle. At the same time, I thank god that I don't have to go through what he is going through...

By the way. I am just back from Singapore. These Thailand Elite girls waiting for me at the gate are really charming. Arriving and being welcome by a big smile (and super speedy immigration clearance) is just priceless :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

the pe elite visa for 5 years once extended in the final year will become close to 6 years in total one of the benefits of having 12 month extensions

Is this correct? I have a PE visa also. Mr VIPinthailand also trolls all the elite visa queries. Just ignore him.

And how much money and time have you spent when leaving Thailand 40 times, on visa runs or to apply for a new visa in those 8 years ?

VIPinthailand's time is probably not very valuable.

This is why he can afford losing it on visa runs.

For those who value their time, there is the Thailand Elite option ;)

• Like 1

Is this correct? I have a PE visa also. Mr VIPinthailand also trolls all the elite visa queries. Just ignore him.
Personally I do not think that you will be able to stay "close to 6 years" with a 5 years visa.

It seems logical to me that, once you reach the end of your membership, your last stamp(s) will be valid "up to the last day of your membership".

(Concerning VIPinthailand, please do reply to his troll messages. It is that kind of posters that keep the Thailand Elite threads going on) :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Personally I do not think that you will be able to stay "close to 6 years" with a 5 years visa.

It seems logical to me that, once you reach the end of your membership, your last stamp(s) will be valid "up to the last day of your membership".

That was my understanding also Gerry.
  • Like 1

cost me little money to pick up Visa in Lao. in same time I have lot of fun.. visit a few friends, restaurants, visit towns...

over 8 years now with tourist visa back to back.

I fly even on jet... really guys, I have too much fun for 20'000 bahts/year (visa + hotel + flight)

and you? how much fun you have with your elite card?

Edited by VIPinthailand

cost me little money to pick up Visa in Lao. in same time I have lot of fun.. visit a few friends, restaurants, visit towns...

I fly even on jet... really guys, I have too much fun for 20'000 bahts/year (visa + hotel + flight)

Ah ah [emoji3]

I think we have much more fun with you than anything else [emoji23]

• Like 1

Well for a start 20k is a good night out I don't know about (visa +hotel + flight)...... Lol....

How much fun is it spending 4-5 days a year at CW immigration?

I am trying to figure out the 20,000 baht per year. Subtracting 7.700 for 4 extensions of stay (some years it will actually be 9,600, and I ignore travel costs to CW) that leaves 12,300 baht. You must make a minimum of two overseas trips on that (6,150 baht per trip). The visa costs at least 2,000 baht. Return overseas plane tickets plus hotel would definitely cost me more than the remainder. Even assuming you are cleverer at finding low air fares and cheap quality hotel rooms, that surely does not leave much left over. Perhaps, we have a different idea of what a couple of days celebrating with friends would normally cost.

I am not even considering the cost of the two border runs to activate the second entries.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

And how much money and time have you spent when leaving Thailand 40 times, on visa runs or to apply for a new visa in those 8 years ?

For those who value their time, there is the Thailand Elite option wink.png

32 border runs in 8 years is great, get to go visit a great western country and shop for proper quality items at a fraction of the price they are here in thailand. For those that value their SANITY tourist visas are the best option, For the price of the PE visa you can take 4x 1 week holidays a year staying in a 5 star hotel and living the life of luxury or playing golf on some great golf courses so why would anyone buy the PE visa......

32 border runs in 8 years is great, get to go visit a great western country and shop for proper quality items at a fraction of the price they are here in thailand. For those that value their SANITY tourist visas are the best option, For the price of the PE visa you can take 4x 1 week holidays a year staying in a 5 star hotel and living the life of luxury or playing golf on some great golf courses so why would anyone buy the PE visa......

One week holiday for 25,000b?

That is a bit on the cheap side (to say the least) (for my standards at least).

Not sure if you've ever been on a "luxury holiday"... but believe me, first class travel and five star hotels are not that cheap.

I love the link between sanity and tourist visa. Never heard that one :)

On my side, I think that luxury lifestyle, 5 star hotels, first class flights, yachts and supercars, fine dining and golf match perfectly with a Thailand Elite PE visa.

And when you have the funds to enjoy the above, the price of the PE visa is negligible.

Obviously, since you seem to think that 500,000b is an insane price to pay for comfort and convenience, the Thailand Elite membership is not a product suitable for you.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

"32 border runs in 8 years is great"

Do you and VIPinthailand do your visa runs together?

• Like 1

After reading these posts, I personally envy the TE holders. I have the 500k but I'm yet to afford to be 500k poorer at this point. The value of 500k is different for individuals. I have yet to afford it but I hope I can apply for it in 3 years time.

*finger cross - provided the price is still 500k in 2018.

After reading these posts, I personally envy the TE holders. I have the 500k but I'm yet to afford to be 500k poorer at this point. The value of 500k is different for individuals. I have yet to afford it but I hope I can apply for it in 3 years time.

*finger cross - provided the price is still 500k in 2018.

Some Thailand Elite members posting on this forum say that the card actually makes them save money.

It all depends on everybody's lifestyle and what we think is important in life.

We all understand that the Thailand Elite option is totally out of reach for someone like VIPinthailand, who anyway seems to be very happy with his cheap alternatives, good for him.

But, if time, comfort and convenience is important for you, maybe you should consider buying that service.

With Thailand Elite you naturally eliminate all kinds of visa run and associated headaches.

For those who already like comfortable visa runs (with quality hotels, not guest houses, etc...), then the card makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, if not today, I am sure you will join the program later on. Be welcome :)

Edited by gerry1011