Worlds Cheapest Bizjet Flight

CNXBKKMAN

I took this Kan Air flight last Saturday, Don Muang to U-tapao. A rare global travel bargain. I would bet there has never been a flight on an executive jet at this low price anywhere ever so its pretty unusual. Hats off to Kan Air.

Unless your end goal is to get to U-tapao would not a taxi be faster?

Yes i think you are right unless you lived near Don Muang and U-tapao got you near to where wanted to be. The flight only really exists by accident. Kan Air are doing flights out of U-tapao to Ubon, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai etc and they are also doing Don Muang to Maesot. The aircraft doing these flights to Maesot needs to get to U-tapao after its done the Maesot flights which has created the Don Muang U-tapao sector. That my understanding of it anyway. The flight is to be operated by an ATR72 and the Premier in the video is only doing a handful of flights.

BTW the island in the video, is it Koh Samet? There were many boats speeding to it, more than shown in the video.

Unless your end goal is to get to U-tapao would not a taxi be faster?

Yes i think you are right unless you lived near Don Muang and U-tapao got you near to where wanted to be. The flight only really exists by accident. Kan Air are doing flights out of U-tapao to Ubon, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai etc and they are also doing Don Muang to Maesot. The aircraft doing these flights to Maesot needs to get to U-tapao after its done the Maesot flights which has created the Don Muang U-tapao sector. That my understanding of it anyway. The flight is to be operated by an ATR72 and the Premier in the video is only doing a handful of flights.

BTW the island in the video, is it Koh Samet? There were many boats speeding to it, more than shown in the video.

No that would be Koh Larn, with the small island Koh Sak next to it.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yeah I could see how this might work for some but in my case I would need a taxi to get to and from both airports so unless I was getting a connecting flight I think I would just pick a taxi the whole way.

Is a good price however if one wants to go for an airplane ride.

Its the return flight. The flight i took departs at 10:00 to UTP . The flight back is in the evening, the one above. The screenshot above says Cessna light aircraft single turboprop which if correct is not the Premier bizjet or the ATR72 but most probably the Cessna Caravan 12 seater however Kan Air only have one Cessna Caravan which flys out of Chiang Mai pretty much all day long. They may have got a second one? They may got hold of another operators aircraft on a short lease? Or the info on the screenshot is wrong?

One thing is certain operating a 6 seater bizjet at 990 baht a ticket is always going to loose money so they cant do it for long. Kan Air says its generates interest and helps promote the airline and route which is true though.

Google. HS-GAB. With google images to see the Cessna Caravan.

When i booked, the flight only came up on the website on a Saturday but its supposed to be a daily flight? I actually looked on their website and then booked the ticket at their ticket counter at Chiang Mai airport which is nearby for me.

Its the return flight. The flight i took departs at 10:00 to UTP . The flight back is in the evening, the one above. The screenshot above says Cessna light aircraft single turboprop which if correct is not the Premier bizjet or the ATR72 but most probably the Cessna Caravan 12 seater however Kan Air only have one Cessna Caravan which flys out of Chiang Mai pretty much all day long. They may have got a second one? They may got hold of another operators aircraft on a short lease? Or the info on the screenshot is wrong?

One thing is certain operating a 6 seater bizjet at 990 baht a ticket is always going to loose money so they cant do it for long. Kan Air says its generates interest and helps promote the airline and route which is true though.

Google. HS-GAB. With google images to see the Cessna Caravan.

Thanks, it looks like they've replaced the Bizjet with a Cessna...

post-188279-14300263216581_thumb.jpg

Shame as, like you, I'd have taken it for the experience on my return to DMK

• 9 months later...

Archived