Business/Investment Plan 7M Baht

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably impolite to ask but what do you need the money for? If you need to pay off a big debt and have 7 million to earn it with, you need a high-risk investment.

" . . . what do you need the money for?" Aside from using a preposition to end a sentence, the statement is ill-conceived. B100-150k is only $3-5k. If you live well, travel frequently, go out a lot, and support a family; that is chicken feed.

To open a 7/11 is the worst investment that anyone can do. If you find a new and great location and the business is going good, after a few months another 7/11 will open in your neighbourhood with exactly the SAME products that you are selling and possibly a Family Mart, Lotus Express, etc.

Edited by dodojero

A neighbour of mine, a retired American, is currently having a house built on an upmarket development near Udon Thani.

It is costing him in the region of 4,000,000 THB. He was originally planning to move into it with his Thai wife, but the agent for the development has told him it could sell for 9 to 10 million THB on completion.

He is now seriously reconsidering his options. I would be too in his situation.

Taking a risk of guessing wrong here. But you are probably a rather old guy maybe between 60-70 years old. My suggestion for what it is worth... try to start to enjoy the world and your life before it is way too late....

Devide your 7 miljons in monthly payout to yourself. get laid a couple of times each month, eat good and have your pints of beer. And just enjoy for God sake.....

Life is short remember that!!

Glegolo

for the record between 60-70 is not old. Most guys in that age range are still fit, healthy and quite active lifestyle. Please note I said MOST, not all.

Morgage 26k

Car 17k

health ins 5k

Utilities 5k

Gasoline 4k

Im all ready pushing the 60k and havent started with all the other bills.

Many spend alot more too

Ok, last post on this thread , not feeding the troll anymore.

BTW

if you still have a mortgage and are still paying off a car. = 43,000

Then you have been not very successful so far have you.

good day to you.

Zzzzzzzzz

Hmm, 100k per months would be 1.2m per year ...

That would be about 17% return on investment (annually).

Not impossible, but I can't think of any easy way in

current economy, specially in Thailand.

I think the Stock Market (US/EU, not thai) would be your best bet.

luudee

17% annual returns are very possible in the Thai stock market which has proven much higher returns than the US/EU markets. (In fact, I've made 15%+ average annual returns over the last 13 years in the Thai stock market.)

For interest I provide link to a thesis from the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce discussing risk adjusted returns and value investing comparing both the SET and the S&P500.

http://www.utccmbaonline.com/Journalsys/Upload_Arti/2015-02-02_15:19:17.pdf

The important thing is not to expect 100,000 baht each and every month. Instead over long periods of time it will average out that.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't know how some guys do their maths.

The 100,000 is slightly over 1.4% return.

Me neither! Or reading skills!

As the OP said 100,000 Baht/month. Since there are 12 months in a year you need to multiply this figure by 12, to give you an annual return on your investment.

100,000 x 12 = 1.2M Baht per year.

1.2M / 7M = 17.14% and as the first gentleman said.

Walen will tell you how. Plus he'll guarantee you a visa. Where is he when we need him? Oh ya, you have to pay him 1200 THB first.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811854-walen-school-of-investing/page-31#entry9338814

Slight Correction...

"The duration of the course is one year. It is taught through a closed Facebook group and through webinars, there is on average one webinar per month, totalling 12 webinars. The promotion price is 1,200 USD"

Edited by JB300

Morgage 26k

Car 17k

health ins 5k

Utilities 5k

Gasoline 4k

Many spend alot more too

BTW

good day to you.

Mr Chang... You are right, you know....if he had the money, why get a loan on a car? Or house for that matter...

Morgage 26k

Car 17k

health ins 5k

Utilities 5k

Gasoline 4k

Many spend alot more too

BTW

good day to you.

Mr Chang... You are right, you know....if he had the money, why get a loan on a car? Or house for that matter...

Mr Chang, isn't right

simply because some people don't want to tie up lumps of capital in Thailand that's all, I have a car and a house on loans and can assure you, I do have the money and its out the country, and trust me would rather have a house being paid for on a monthly basis for 15 years out of my Thai salary at 6% p.a, than fronting the cash in a country which doesn't allow full ownership in property, if in the interim everything falls apart in Thailand, I walk away, and have only risked money I would have been paying in rent anyway in the case of the property, and even if its not paid in full the bank is carrying the risk, not me

so please don't bleat on about subjects you know nothing of... thumbsup.gif

The other day I read about the Mee Tae Dai savings account of Krungsri Bank (Bank of Ayudhaya), currently paying interest of 2% p.a if the account balance is from THB 100,000 to THB 10 million, with the interest being calculated daily, paid monthly.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/DepositProducts/SavingsDeposit/MeeTaeDaiSavings.html#RemarkLink523

Mee Tae Dai Savings Account _ Bank of Ayudhya (Krungsri).pdf

Annual interest: THB 140,000.00

Average monthly interest payments: THB 11666.65

The other day I read about the Mee Tae Dai savings account of Krungsri Bank (Bank of Ayudhaya), currently paying interest of 2% p.a if the account balance is from THB 100,000 to THB 10 million, with the interest being calculated daily, paid monthly.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/DepositProducts/SavingsDeposit/MeeTaeDaiSavings.html#RemarkLink523

attachicon.gifMee Tae Dai Savings Account _ Bank of Ayudhya (Krungsri).pdf

Annual interest: THB 140,000.00

Average monthly interest payments: THB 11666.65

less your tax of course

Morgage 26k

Car 17k

health ins 5k

Utilities 5k

Gasoline 4k

Many spend alot more too

BTW

good day to you.

Was going to ignore chang but as its now also one more ,

The car is the third in the mangos household , we p/x an older one and it left a small balance that could be paid in full or at 1.5% interest over 12 months.

The morgage is choice , 30 years .

Slightly less than we were renting for a similar house in the same development. So why rent and why shell out xx millions upfront ??

But then i guess that wouldnt make sense to either of you guys.

Im mid 40s with a set monthly income from capital kept in investments from selling my buisiness 7 years ago.

Am I worthy on your opinion now , 55555

Morgage 26k

Car 17k

health ins 5k

Utilities 5k

Gasoline 4k

Many spend alot more too

BTW

good day to you.

Was going to ignore chang but as its now also one more ,

The car is the third in the mangos household , we p/x an older one and it left a small balance that could be paid in full or at 1.5% interest over 12 months.

The morgage is choice , 30 years .

Slightly less than we were renting for a similar house in the same development. So why rent and why shell out xx millions upfront ??

But then i guess that wouldnt make sense to either of you guys.

Im mid 40s with a set monthly income from capital kept in investments from selling my buisiness 7 years ago.

Am I worthy on your opinion now , 55555

One suspects Mr Chang, et al, don't understand this concept simply because they have nothing to lose in Thailand to start with

I mean a THB 6000/m "room" and a second hand Honda wave are not exactly sought after assets are they ? whistling.gif

Maybe the OP is asking a sarcastic question for the humour because he is asking how to make a regular return of between 17-25% on his savings.

With his apparent financial acumen can we assume he inherited the savings and didn't earn it?

Any good ideas how to make 100-150,000 Baht/month in Thailand? I have 7M Baht savings. Sarcastic replies will be read for the humor but not considered.

Many thanks.

Buy a condo or condos in a nice location in BKK. If you purchase right you should be able to make a 8-12 percent return plus capital appreciation.