Changing address during 30 day marriage visa review period

I just did the application for my first 1 yr extension based on marriage and Im on the 30 day review now. We may have to move in that period though as the condo I rent is for sale, we told this to the office and she said no problem, but dont they sometimes want to come and see where you live in that 30 day period?

They contact you before coming for the home visit. If you moved you would just have to tell them your new address.

Out of interest Joe. What is the situation if someone moves to a new address in an area not covered by the office they applied for the extension at. Is the application transferable or does it have to be restarted at the new office?

They contact you before coming for the home visit. If you moved you would just have to tell them your new address.

Out of interest Joe. What is the situation if someone moves to a new address in an area not covered by the office they applied for the extension at. Is the application transferable or does it have to be restarted at the new office?

I a person moved out of the area where they applied it would certainly cause problems with the application. It might mean starting all over again with the application.

Even worse would be moving out of the region (different division hq) where the application is sent for approval.

• Like 1

OK so, Im moving this weekend and Ive just checked the new address and its actually samut prakan even though I thought it was in Bangkok, so what should I do? Just hope that they dont ask to come round? What are the chances that they will want to come and check up on us?

OK so, Im moving this weekend and Ive just checked the new address and its actually samut prakan even though I thought it was in Bangkok, so what should I do? Just hope that they dont ask to come round? What are the chances that they will want to come and check up on us?

What you should do (by law) is report your new address to the new office within 24 hours of moving. You should also inform the old office that is processing your extension application, which might mean that you have to start the application again and reapply at the new office.

The home visits seem to be random so it's impossible to say but I believe most home visits happen early in the application process. I had a home visit when applying for my last extension and they called and turned up the next day. IMO it would make sense that the visit is done before the application is sent off for approval so the home visit report can be included in the file.

Ok, the thing is we told the IO when we submitted everything last Friday that we might be moving soon during the 30 day review period and she said no problem and just to make sure I updated to the new address when I do the 90 day report. As usual conflicting information! I guess I should just wait and see what happens?

Ok, the thing is we told the IO when we submitted everything last Friday that we might be moving soon during the 30 day review period and she said no problem and just to make sure I updated to the new address when I do the 90 day report. As usual conflicting information! I guess I should just wait and see what happens?

If the IO advised you to wait and report the COA at the next 90 day report then I would take her advice.

Immigration are inconsistent with their enforcement of the rules. I suspect most people don't report a COA within 24 hours and wait until the next 90 day report.

The only way you're going to have a problem is if they want a home visit. IMO if the IO that advised you to wait is the same person that processed your application it is unlikely she would select you for a home visit.

a new address in another immigration area complicates matters. The question is if you made it clear to them that you would move to another province.

If they want to come and check your address it will be a problem and might mean you have to apply all over again at the new immigration office.