Brisbane Consulate Closed (temp?)

The closure of the consulate has been discussed in another topic.

There is no 2 entry non-o visa. Only single and multiple entry visas are issued.

What would your non-o be based upon?

I had a Thai wife (deceased) and twin Thai step-daughters. I also have a Thai live-in g/f last 10 years.

2x Type O issued in Brisbane and elsewhere, last issued to me 5 Aug 2013.

That sounds more like a 2 entry tourist visa than a non-o visa.

Unless you are 50 or over you do not qualify for a non-o visa according to the info you provided.

Other than reports of Melbourne doing a 2 entry about 3 years ago I have not heard of any non immigrant visa being issued other that a single or multiple entry for several years.

That sounds more like a 2 entry tourist visa than a non-o visa.

Unless you are 50 or over you do not qualify for a non-o visa according to the info you provided.

Other than reports of Melbourne doing a 2 entry about 3 years ago I have not heard of any non immigrant visa being issued other that a single or multiple entry for several years.

I'm well over 50. Visa is definitely type O double entry purchased for AU$180. Last few years I have been working 6 months in oz, 6 in Thailand, but shortened break last trip to re-align seasons here.

Perhaps Brisbane did the 2 entry because you wanted it. But it is not normally done. For 45 more ASD you could of gotten a multiple entry visa valid for a year that can give you almost 15 months of total stay.

See the visa fees list for Canberra and you will only see single and multiple entry visas mentioned. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/doc/info/VISA%20FEE1.pdf

Why do they always temporarily close Thai consulates in Australia when a consul leaves his/her post? Wouldn't it be better if they advertised for a new consul BEFORE they made the closure? What a dumb thing to do, just close a consulate in a major city and leave all the locals who need visas stranded. I've never heard about this happening in any other country.