Thai Airways International: Old habits die hard

webfact

I they might leak information to the competition.

If by that you mean tell it as it is, spill the beans, call a spade spade, and generally show to the world

the rort and impunity that Thai was managed all these years? than the answer should be Yes.....

Edited by ezzra

Very true; if I would be sitting in a driver's seat within THAI I would be scared too; those "alien" experts might discover who, where and how much inefficiency and money channeling it takes to screw up an airline like that.
A sequence of incompetent clowns, how sad!

• Like 2

I they might leak information to the competition.

If by that you mean tell it as it is, spill the beans, call a spade spade, and generally show to the world

the rort and impunity that Thai was managed all these years? than the answer should be Yes.....

You forgot... "How to make excuses."

My step-son is directly involved in the Commerical airline business in Thailand and he has told me many times that it's a family affair. The big boys hire family into top positions and they don't know a landing gear from a wing,seldom are at their desk, all drive expensive cars and basically live the high life. If this company does get an outside consulting firm to audit their operation they'll probably come out of it shaking their heads and talking to themselves. I'm sure it's that bad.

• Like 2

Let's see, Singapore Airlines showed a PROFIT of US $166 million last year.

THAI showed a LOSS of nearly half a billion dollars.

And the people at THAI are worried that the new consultants might leak Thai secrets to Singapore????

Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

cheesy.gif

of course it makes sense for Thais: they would have to admit - lose their face - to be not able to run an airline profitable.

It is highly unlikely that foreign consultants are looking to leak the information of a failing airline. They are probably more fearful of them finding out how they have been using the airline as their own personal bank.

Woohooo, THAI airways is number 1 ... the biggest

The only secrets that might come out is how inept THAI really is and how much they over paid themselves

Perhaps other airlines want to know about how THAI is run, then make sure they do not copy this model

Perhaps they learned from the over 100 UK airlines that are now defunct? A high percentage of them from Bankruptcy?

Or the over 50 USA airlines that went bankrupt?

Or the over 200 airlines now defunct in Europe?

I do not believe this is unique to Thai Airlines

Of course it is not unique to Thai Airlines. What is - quite possibly - unique is the Thai inability to understand that they are not exceptional or intrinsically superior, that they are subject to the laws of the market, just like anybody else.

• Like 2

Perhaps they learned from the over 100 UK airlines that are now defunct? A high percentage of them from Bankruptcy?

Or the over 50 USA airlines that went bankrupt?

Or the over 200 airlines now defunct in Europe?

I do not believe this is unique to Thai Airlines

Your above list includes an airline that was supported by taxpayers' money?

• Like 1

A before and after scenario for Thai airways Thailand is a very rich country so it can stand a few Baht of a loss plenty time to make it up in the latter half of the year when the billions of tourists come flocking to Thailand on Thai airways super deals.

Despite the stupidity of the suggestion of leaks by these dinosaurs covering their backsides, there would ideally be both a Confidentiality Clause and a declaration regarding any conflict of interest in the contractual documents.

If you're dealing with foreign consultants or businesses regard them with the same, if not more, suspicion as you would with a Thai concern. Thailand is no more corrupt than other countries - it's just more open about it.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang