Russian crashes vehicle into Phuket garden nursery

webfact

Russian crashes vehicle into Phuket garden nursery
Eakkapop Thongtub

1430106174_9791-org.jpg
Police believe Mr Mr Abolemov was drunk.

PHUKET: -- A Russian man, who police believe may have been drunk, crashed a Toyota Fortuner into a garden nursery on Srisoonthon Rd in the early hours of this morning (April 27).

At 3am, Thalang poilice were called to the scene of an accident in front of Moo Baan Supalai Essence on Srisoonthon Rd in Srisoonthon where a vehicle had crashed into a garden nursery.

Upon arrival, police and rescue workers found a Phuket registered Toyota Fortuner which had crashed into a tree within the grounds of the nursery. The driver, Kirill Abolemov, 28, from Russia was still sitting inside.

Police stated that Mr Abolemov appeared to be intoxicated and there was an empty vodka bottle on the back seat.

A witness to the accident said the Toyota came from soi Srisoonthon at high speed and crashed into the nursery.

Police took Mr Abolemov and his vehicle to Thalang Police Station.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-crashes-vehicle-into-phuket-garden-nursery-52035.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-27

"At 3am, Thalang poilice were called to the scene of an accident....."

"Upon arrival, police and rescue workers found......."

What that is actually news worthy - as news articles usually states dramatically that Police Colonel Somchai (or someone else) rushed to the scene of the accident.

This time it appears the police casually went there.

"A Russian man, who police believe may have been drunk,"

Surely the first thing they do under these circumstances, assuming he doesn't require medical treatment, is breathalyse him.

Do the police have any idea what policing is?

"A Russian man, who police believe may have been drunk,"

Surely the first thing they do under these circumstances, assuming he doesn't require medical treatment, is breathalyse him.

Do the police have any idea what policing is?

You really think that the local plod has a breathalizer kit, I doubt the local police station has that sort of equipment. I don' know but I expect it would need a blood test analysis, but let's face it xx,000 baht 'fine' and mai pen rai. Why bother with all that proof of intoxication nonsense whistling.gif

• Like 1

There's something about Fortuner's that scare the life out of me. I know one other poster shares that view.

I suppose it's the feeling of invincibility they appear to provide with the dark windows etc...

I'm gonna get done for this, I'm sure.

• Like 1

There's something about Fortuner's that scare the life out of me. I know one other poster shares that view.

I suppose it's the feeling of invincibility they appear to provide with the dark windows etc...

Fortuners look tough, but it's all plastic and Fibre,.... one rear ended my old Land-rover 4X4 at a cross road when I stopped for a red light....You should have seen the damage on he's front.....and virtually nothing on mine...

Fortuners look tough, but it's all plastic and Fibre,.... one rear ended my old Land-rover 4X4 at a cross road when I stopped for a red light....You should have seen the damage on he's front.....and virtually nothing on mine...

Hint hint.. crumple zones are at the front of a car.

i would say some month at Bangkok Hilton!!!

Why? Because he hit drunken a tree and hurt no one? And what's next? Hang children when they don't pay for a toffee?

You are not more longer in a nanny state. Punishment in a good relation is the way to go.