Omega 3 Oils In Thailand? Where To Purchase

CobraSnakeNecktie

Could not find this in search

Where do folks buy high quality omega 3 oil supplements in LOS?

any recommendations for ones of good quality not tainted by pollutants?

I live in Chiang Mai also. The aden health food store sells Flax oil but deep sea fish oils seem to be preferable.

Hi.....not sure if this will help, but I noticed GnC (think that's right) in Central Plaza along Huay Kaew Road selling lots of Fish Oils. However, I would recommend the health food store opposite the second Aden (along Wichayanon Road towards the American Consulate). Can't remember the name but Khun Nong the owner is brillient, and has an amazing amount of health orientated goods.

Hope that helps.....

OutOfThisWorld

I don't know how you figure out if they're "tainted" or not. The pharmacy at my local Tesco's carries a fairly, um, yellow-looking brand. There's the tiniest bit of a fishy odour coming from the gelcaps. How would I know if they were good or not?

Some of the ones in NZ stink a bit of fish too.They have now come out with the non smelly ones.

It has done wonders for my gout!! :o

Makro has the best prices I've seen for fish oil. Blackmores and some other brands. Can't say what the quality is. Boots and the other large pharmacy chains sell fish oil too.

I would like to take more fish oil but the recommended dose for someone who lifts weights regularly is just too expensive for me. I would have to take 10 pills a day. Ouch!

Don't forget canned tuna and mackrel are good sources also. Salmon if is not farm raised which the supermarket salmon probably is.

Other sources of "good fats" are extra virgin olive oil (fresh, not heated in cooking) and some nuts.

Watson's at Kad Suan Kaew sells it.

A lot of studies have shown that Flax seed oil is as effective as Cod Liver Oil. Personally I prefer the former, being a vegetarian and all :-)

Buying flax seed in bulk is very cost effective too.

Unfortunately getting the flax seed in capsule form here in Thailand is (I believe) impossible so I just add Flax seed to my muesli mix :o

Rich

A lot of studies have shown that Flax seed oil is as effective as Cod Liver Oil. Personally I prefer the former, being a vegetarian and all :-)

Unfortunately getting the flax seed in capsule form here in Thailand is (I believe) impossible so I just add Flax seed to my muesli mix :o

Rich

Aden in Chiang Mai sells what is supposed to be cold-pressed flax oil. It is in the fridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Rich

Aden in Chiang Mai sells what is supposed to be cold-pressed flax oil. It is in the fridge.

I tried some of the flax oil from Aden and its the real deal. can tell by the taste. fairly cost effective if you buy the large bottle.

Thanks Ulysses!!

I don't know how you figure out if they're "tainted" or not. The pharmacy at my local Tesco's carries a fairly, um, yellow-looking brand. There's the tiniest bit of a fishy odour coming from the gelcaps. How would I know if they were good or not?

Some of the ones in NZ stink a bit of fish too.They have now come out with the non smelly ones.

It has done wonders for my gout!! :o

Stop eating foie gras and drinking port, that might help ya gout mate :-)

Seriuosly? It has made you feel better? Any other benefits? My mother keeps giving them to me, and I keep throwing them away; maybe I should start eating them?

It has done wonders for my gout!! :D

Stop eating foie gras and drinking port, that might help ya gout mate :-)

Seriuosly? It has made you feel better? Any other benefits? My mother keeps giving them to me, Fnd I keep throwing them away; maybe I should start eating them?

you mum sounds like my sister :D

for the first time in my life, I started taking a supplement.I have noticed a marked reduction on the gout niggles that I get.(i started getting gout when I was 18. :o )

I have also noticed that my memory has got a little better.Whether this is physcosymatic etc..I really don't know, but I will continue to take them.

• 3 months later...

Rich

Can you tell me where you get the flax seeds from please?