Do it yourself car wash stations in Central Pattaya?

ricacrocre

Why would anyone want to wash their own car in this heat? I tried before and I couldn't keep the car wet enough. The soap kept drying to quick and leaving streaks all over it.

10 locals all over it in 15 minutes and it looks like new again for 150 baht.

I take my own wax and they polish it with an electric polisher for 50 baht.

Why would anyone want to wash their own car in this heat? I tried before and I couldn't keep the car wet enough. The soap kept drying to quick and leaving streaks all over it.

10 locals all over it in 15 minutes and it looks like new again for 150 baht.

I take my own wax and they polish it with an electric polisher for 50 baht.

ELECTRIC POLISHER??? Where is this facility located? I've asked at about a half-dozen places and all I get is 'no have'...

Why, when you can get an excellent car wash for about 2 US dollars, by someone on the street, would you want to wash the car yourself ?

I believe his question was a legitimate one and not a portal for the questioning of his motives.

It is an art to answer a question or remain silent. All too often, one can do neither. (Including me).

Yes. Ty for info. Didnt know there existed diy .

You insert coin and press start for the service you want. When finished, press start again to stop the service. Another button for the next service and so on. The machine has a clock. 1 baht/minute. I do 3 minutes per service and I'm done.

post-235101-0-12601400-1430372115_thumb.

Shell station almost across from Alankarn. In the back and they've got a nice aircon waiting room if they are busy.

I went there a few times a couple of years ago but they always charged me 120B just for the outside. Maybe to do with me having a pick-up rather than a car? Or maybe they cut their prices since?

If you can afford a car, why would you waste your time washing it when it can be

done for you so cheap and well done too.

I dont wash my own car but I could certainly do with the exercise; that's why I clean my own condo.

And I find that such jobs here are rarely very well done, regardless of how much I pay. I always go round the worst spots at home with a hand cloth and some bathroom cleaning fluid before going to the car wash as I know that they will never get them clean alone.

Shell station almost across from Alankarn. In the back and they've got a nice aircon waiting room if they are busy.

I went there a few times a couple of years ago but they always charged me 120B just for the outside. Maybe to do with me having a pick-up rather than a car? Or maybe they cut their prices since?

It's not unusual for them to charge more for a pickup. They also charge more for doing the underside. I always tell them not to do this, and with my Honda City, the price is 80B. I use them at least once a month. Sometimes, I do have them do the underside, then it's 120B. Been doing this for quite a few years now....

It's not unusual for them to charge more for a pickup. They also charge more for doing the underside. I always tell them not to do this, and with my Honda City, the price is 80B. I use them at least once a month. Sometimes, I do have them do the underside, then it's 120B. Been doing this for quite a few years now....

It's certainly possible that they charged for the underside on mine, even if it was a bit of a perfunctory spray.

The 89B place I use now does charge the same for both cars and pick-ups, but add the inside and the price jumps up to 180B, They do have a fidelity card offering one free 180B wash for every 9 paid, but that doesnt apply (any more) to the 89B outside-only wash.

Yes. Ty for info. Didnt know there existed diy .

You insert coin and press start for the service you want. When finished, press start again to stop the service. Another button for the next service and so on. The machine has a clock. 1 baht/minute. I do 3 minutes per service and I'm done.

Wow! 3 minutes!! Can I watch and learn?