Does The Forum Clock Go One Hour Out? (DST)

george

What date does US change to DST?

USA

Start: First Sunday in April

End: Last Sunday in October

there is a world wide list at the bottom of this web page...

VBnet Locale] Obtaining the Dates for Daylight and Standard Time Changes

However, there are unfortunately some special cases with regard to Daylight Saving Time, which make for considerable confusion.

Arizona (in the Mountain time zone) does not observe Daylight Saving Time. It remains on standard time year-round.

Hawaii (in the Aleutian/Hawaii time zone) does not observe daylight saving time. It remains on standard time year-round.

Indiana's easternmost five counties are in the Eastern time zone and observe Daylight Saving Time. Indiana's central seventy-seven counties are in the Eastern time zone and do not observe Daylight Saving Time. They stay on standard time year-round. Indiana's westernmost ten counties are in the Central time zone and observe Daylight Saving Time.

According to one source, most of Saskatchewan (in the Central Time zone) does not observe Daylight Saving Time and stays on standard time year-round.

Areas which do not observe Daylight Saving Time appear to shift time zones relative to those which do, although this is an illusion.

Finally, it might just be worth mentioning here that in Europe the countries of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland are all one hour ahead of GMT and (as far as I am aware) all observe summer time, although their changeover dates may not be the same as those in the USA and Canada. Britain also observes summer time and is generally one hour (and, some would say, thirty years!) behind these countries

I believe Europe and parts of Australia changed to DST (Daylight Saving Time) last night, right?

Actually I think Australia's Eastern states came off daylight savings time (AEST, GMT+11), and have returned to normal time (AET, GMT +10).

• 1 year later...

Just a heads up that in the U.S.A., at 02:00 on Sunday, 30 Ocotober 2005 those states that observe daylight saving time will be moving their clocks back one hour moving to standard time.

Also note that in the U.S.A. beginning in 2007, DST will start the second Sunday of March and end on the first Sunday of November.

Just a heads up that in the U.S.A., at 02:00 on Sunday, 30 Ocotober 2005 those states that observe daylight saving time will be moving their clocks back one hour moving to standard time.

Also note that in the U.S.A. beginning in 2007, DST will start the second Sunday of March and end on the first Sunday of November.

Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind. :o

Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind. :o

Maybe that post should be pinned - highly relevant to Thailand, and of great intereste to the 97% of the world's population living outside the good ol' US of A.

:D

How about daylight saving time in Ghana- when does that kick in?

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-10-25 17:42:00)

Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind.

Maybe that post should be pinned - highly relevant to Thailand, and of great intereste to the 97% of the world's population living outside the good ol' US of A.

:o I met a guy in Udon Thani the other week who said he was from New Mexico, expecting me to know where that was. I said I was from Drumnadrochit, with the same vigour, exaggerating the first syllable and tone. He asked if were in Ireland :D Where is new mexico? Is it the first place that Mexican explorers landed in some land?

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-10-25 17:42:00)

Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind.

:o I met a guy in Udon Thani the other week who said he was from New Mexico, expecting me to know where that was. I said I was from Drumnadrochit, with the same vigour, exaggerating the first syllable and tone. He asked if were in Ireland :D Where is new mexico? Is it the first place that Mexican explorers landed in some land?

New Mexico is known in scientific and literary circles, Los Alamos is where the US has designed and tested its considerable array of nuclear WMDs...DH Lawrence spent a lot of time around Santa FE and Taos.

Now Drumnadrochit...no question, home of the world famous MONSTER BAR in honor of some big fish that lives in a nearby lake...