Two arrested and a third surrender for running a pyramid scheme in Lamphun

webfact

Two arrested and a third surrender for running a pyramid scheme in Lamphun

BANGKOK: -- Two people were arrested by officials of the Department of Special Investigation and a third turned herself in on charges of public fraud for operating a pyramid scheme worth about 760 million baht.

The two arrested suspects who were arrested in Lamphun were identified as Mrs Rossukhon Fongmon, chief of the financial section of Pa Sak Tambon Administration Organisation in Lamphun, Mr Sitthichoke Duangtasit. The other suspect, Mrs Natthamon Chorpradit, an official attached to Tambon Tha Pla Dook municipal in Lamphun.

Pol Lt-Col Somboon Sarasit, commander of the special criminal cases of the DSI, charged that the trio and two others, Mrs Warunee Duangtasit and Thongchai Chorpradit put out an advertisement persuading members of the public in Lamphun, Chiang Mai and neighbouring provinces to invest in buying lottery tickets from the Government Lottery Office for sale to retailers.

Under the investment scheme, each investor was required to buy a share worth 38,000 baht to invest in lottery with a promise to receive 1,000 baht profit for every share every two weeks. The returns rates range from 46 to 59 percent per year which is much higher than the permissible interest rate.

Pol Lt-Col Somboon said that Mrs Warunee was given a quota of 20 books of lottery tickets per draw and another 45 books in her capacity as chairwoman of the Association of the Disabled in Lamphun.

Her actual investment in lotteries amounted only to 238,200 baht per draw. However, the total investment of investors amounted to 760 million baht.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-arrested-and-a-third-surrender-for-running-a-pyramid-scheme-in-lamphun

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-30

I reread article and guess it must be some new type math it says investors total out lay is 760 million baht on tickets for a prize of what 3.5 million baht well that sounds like sound investment to me where do I signup? 55555555

Lottery scam gang nabbed

Chiang Mai: – The Department of Special Investigation has raided a Lamphun home and arrested two gang members involved in the lottery scam.

The scam is estimated to have defrauded some 611 victims for 760 million baht.

DSI director-general Suwana Suwanjata said two fraud suspects were arrested, one volunteered to report to the authorities and another was arranging to surrender.

Yesterday’s raid was the follow-up to nab four additional suspects after the January 29 raid had rounded up 10 suspects, including gang leader Warunee Duangtasit.

The suspects arrested yesterday include Warunee’s husband Sithichok Duangtasit and a key accomplice Rossukhon Fongmul, who is financial director of Pasak Tambon Administration Organisation in Lamphun.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/821416-lottery-scam-gang-nabbed/

You get a free pet Unicorn when you sign up. It has rainbow wings and is a very loyal and trusty pet. And the more money you pay into the scheme, the more magic dust your Unicorn will scatter on the world, bringing peace and joy to everyone, and all thanks to your investment.

Making this nation officially the Hub of Unicorns.

Just don't fall for any of those fake Unicorn scams, which are just a cruel hoax.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Two many pyramid schemes going on in Thailand. Why do the not check Unicity? You have to pay 40,000 baht to join and spend money every month just to get points and little or no pay check back? Time to bring them down just like Amway was found guilty of the pyramid scheme. The poor want a chance but keep getting poorer because of companies like this.

Same as any gambling. Every mug thinks they will win but the only winners are the guys who run the scams. Having said that, gambling should be legalized: it's illegal in Thailand hence the proliferation of every kind of gambling here.

I've never gambled myself but if any mug out there wants to give me a million baht, I might give them 100 million back...