Chances or options to finance a house?

Following situation: Married foreigner (not working) on non-O visa to a thai, income from overseas, misses has a shop, a 4m baht car in her name, he has 3-4m in a Thai bank and they want to finance a house in the 7m - 10m baht range to raise their child in.

What are there chances to get financed approved? What kind of downpayment and mortage payments to expect?

It's worth talking to your local Siam Commercial branch (the purple bank), take all your financial data and see what they have to say.

I've never found a simple relationship between what they'll let you borrow and your income.

I believe Citibank have some kind of allowance for lending if you deposit 3 or 4 million in an account with them....i heard this second hand, so i am not sure how true it is, but maybe worth investigating if you have the capital to deposit with them.

Is it a new home in a Moo Baan? If so, go through the housing company... They will have a preferred bank that they have a very good relationship with.

Let them do the work to get you approved... If they want to sell... They will do everything they can to try and get it pushed through

Sell the car thus giving you the 7 -8 mil you need then finance a new car as interest rates are far lower and finance easier to get. Of course loan period would be a max of 7 years however a smaller car would suffice.