Would you buy a smartphone from Lazada online shopping

gillap

Poor them, with stupid people changing mind all the time I fear that they will have to accept too many returns...

Why in my whole life I never had to return any item anywhere but people always have to return something ?

Aren't we make the same way ? Don't we have the same brain to make the right good choice the first time ?

Poor world....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought mine 3 months ago very happy. Same with Nikon camera.

Same with LG television x2.

Same with half a dozen small items.

Your kidding right the 36000 baht camera is only 22,000 baht in the U.S.directly from Nikon D5300 withe the 18-140 lens kit. with a 5 year warranty on the lens Nikon authorized & a 1 year on the camera body. Maybe as a point & shoot but I don't see why anyone would want to buy a pro or a semi pro camera from just a warehouse.

You're kidding, right?? The Nikon D5300 (now replaced with the D5500) is "Nikon's 'advanced beginner' DSLR, the D5300 takes the D5200's place between the entry-level D3200 and the enthusiast-targeted D7100" (from www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d5300) -- far from "pro or semi-pro". And the 18 - 140 is an all plastic beginners lens. Lazada offers the D5300 and 18-140 on Lazada for B26,500 and, with the 10% discount coupon that they offer almost daily, get the camera delivered to your door for B23,850, which is more than B10,000 less than the Big Camera offered price of B34,500, and not much more than your stated US price. And if you buy it on Lazada from a dealer in Thailand it comes with the same warranty from Nikon. If you buy an "imported" item (usually grey market" it comes with no warranty, but can be significantly cheaper, same as if you bought a grey market item from a camera shop in New York. It only pays to buy from Lazada when you can save money over buying locally, and you often can. And they offer a COD option, which reduces the risk significantly. It is a very good additional purchase option, but cannot be used as the only option -- you need to shop around. And they offer no further in formation on a product than is available on their site -- same as Amazon. But if it is a brand name, you can get lots of information, reviews and "box opening" examinations on the internet so that you can decide if it is what you want before you buy it. I have made many purchases from Lazada and I have been very happy with the product and the service, except for one instance. I didn't bother to send it back as it was only B450 and not worth the time and effort. Lazada is an option, and a good option if you use it correctly and you have some basic idea of what you are doing (and do your homework) -- apparently not your approach to shopping.

Feb 28, 2014 -

Just bought a Samsung Note 4. Cash on delivery. Worked great. We've had the phone a bit over a month now, runs fine. Fantastic phone.

Lazada was very easy to deal with and sent us emails about the status of the order. I think it took 3 days to get here to Pattaya???

what many don't know is that BigC too has an excellent online shopping site. the URL is http://www.cdiscount.co.th with prices that even beat the cheapest lazada sellers in many cases and with products that are not dodgy "imports" with no "warranty" whatsoever which is the case at lazada's marketplace more often than not.

cdiscount too allows third party vendors, but you see the big "marketplace" sign easily before you even click the actual item.

most products are actually sold and delivered by BigC themselves.

highly recommended

Your kidding right the 36000 baht camera is only 22,000 baht in the U.S.directly from Nikon D5300 withe the 18-140 lens kit. with a 5 year warranty on the lens Nikon authorized & a 1 year on the camera body. Maybe as a point & shoot but I don't see why anyone would want to buy a pro or a semi pro camera from just a warehouse.

You're kidding, right?? The Nikon D5300 (now replaced with the D5500) is "Nikon's 'advanced beginner' DSLR, the D5300 takes the D5200's place between the entry-level D3200 and the enthusiast-targeted D7100" (from www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d5300) -- far from "pro or semi-pro". And the 18 - 140 is an all plastic beginners lens. Lazada offers the D5300 and 18-140 on Lazada for B26,500 and, with the 10% discount coupon that they offer almost daily, get the camera delivered to your door for B23,850, which is more than B10,000 less than the Big Camera offered price of B34,500, and not much more than your stated US price. And if you buy it on Lazada from a dealer in Thailand it comes with the same warranty from Nikon. If you buy an "imported" item (usually grey market" it comes with no warranty, but can be significantly cheaper, same as if you bought a grey market item from a camera shop in New York. It only pays to buy from Lazada when you can save money over buying locally, and you often can. And they offer a COD option, which reduces the risk significantly. It is a very good additional purchase option, but cannot be used as the only option -- you need to shop around. And they offer no further in formation on a product than is available on their site -- same as Amazon. But if it is a brand name, you can get lots of information, reviews and "box opening" examinations on the internet so that you can decide if it is what you want before you buy it. I have made many purchases from Lazada and I have been very happy with the product and the service, except for one instance. I didn't bother to send it back as it was only B450 and not worth the time and effort. Lazada is an option, and a good option if you use it correctly and you have some basic idea of what you are doing (and do your homework) -- apparently not your approach to shopping.

Feb 28, 2014 -

I bought

NEC laptop for my neice.

Dell monitor (top end 20000baht but 2000 cheaper than elsewhere here)

various sundries.

Mostly 24hr service. some small parts took 3 days.

No problemat all as long as you are aware that imported may not be guaranteed but they are clear about it.

Edited by harrry

Feb 28, 2014 -

No I am not kidding You seemed to read more into what I was posting this is a TRAVEL Camera not my pro body camera which I wouldn't buy in Thailand at gunpoint.

I still have a Bronika & Mayima medium format & a Hassleblad . The Nikon D5300 is an intermediate camera for travel. I could get the full frame camera for not much more but I don't want a 4 Lb camera & the lens I really want is over a kilo alone. Back on subject though Lazada's prices are not that good when you shop around. You really have to watch the warranty. Sure the will sell the Nikon I just got for 26,000 but it comes with zero warranty. What dumb shit would pay that.

As for cameras your barking up the wrong tree. I made money on stock photos since I was 15 & have close to 30+ years as a wedding & event photographer & have shot years of the Gatsby society & many other huge events. My entire family has always been into photography. Look up Steven Poster ace that is my cousin & he is the king of roll em. And the president of the Photographers guild. Beside it is not the camera it is the photographer without great depth of knowledge of light & shadows & composition you can have the best camera & still be a crappy photographer.

On Lazada they seem like a real crap shoot some have gotten lucky while others have gotten raped. The second I hear they are pitching something that they won't warranty I wont buy it period. And just the fact if it is built in Thailand & the lens in China it being a gray market product it should always have a 1 year in house warranty. That is where Lazada loses my business. In Photography I spend tons & only deal with what I consider legitimate companies & still have a $225,000 credit line at Adolf Gasser in San Fransisco. Never a problem on problems. But I am retired so I have no need of a heavy camera for travel.I do have several full frame bodies in California but I don't want to shlep around 3-4 kilos of weight for travel.Camera bodies & software I learned that you are way better off going directly to the MFG.& spending the extra dosh for the gear & have a guaranty & not a Lazada tail light guaranty they tried to soak me with & I called the place EC mall in BKK & they had the same camera for less 2 prices one a 1 year warranty or the OEM Nikon 1 year on the body 5 years on the lens & it gets sent to Phuket to Nikon for repair. With Lazada how am I to know if some cement worker isn't fixing the camera. From the source EC camera I can at lest talk to the shop or at com city I can ask about warranty's & have a real person to talk with in English right there less money. But still for me it is cheaper to buy in the states & pick up my gear when I come back for a vacation. No games no gamble. But It is up to everyone what they are willing to settle for out here as some don't get to go home once or more a year.

• 4 months later...

I have purchased numerous electrical items from Lazada and the majority have arrived in perfect condition. Only last week I purchased an Android TV Box that would not restart correctly after a power off. On closer inspection the product does not appear to be new as it had strange security seals on the box and this did not match a YouTube Unboxing Video plus missing plastic protection caps on the supplied HDMI Lead. The item was from a Reseller but Lazada are ultimately responsible. I am still awaiting a response from Lazada.

Save the original box and packing until you are sure the item is acceptable.

Lazada refused to pickup a defective item without the original box despite the manufacturer telling them they would accept and refund or replace the item.

The run around between Lazada, factory and my wife went on for 5 days until she asked me to let her stop and keep the item which was usable just not as designed.

If we had the box I don't know how they would have reacted as it was a cash on delivery while we were away.

Lesson learned.

Many other purchases have gone smoothly as the items were as expected.

I would make the driver wait now if needed until I am sure no return is required before paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys should check out iTruemart . They offer the same, wide selection of products and similar prices. And they are quick to deliver if products is in stock.

http://www.itruemart.com/en

Good. I will try someday
For now I found very low price on AliExpress. 17500b galaxy S6 for example.
4 models branded different phones purchased, over 60 commands in total and always happy with.
Last year I had a problem for a great Chinese device with the features of Galaxy M5 sold $ 70 (2000 b !!!). Problem on the motherboard after 1 month. The seller was reluctant to share this device sold without formal guarantee.
After Ali customer service asks the seller finally agreed replacement.
I also used Lazada for heavy equipment. (To avoid shipping costs) Also totally satisfied.

A word of caution when buying outside of Thailand. You will find it very difficult to return any item that contains a battery. Thailand Post will probably screen it prior to air departure and then return it back to you. You can not reason that the item arrived by airmail, been there and done that.

Un mot de prudence lors de l'achat à l'extérieur de la Thaïlande. Vous trouverez qu'il est très difficile de retourner tout article qui contient une batterie. Thailand Post sera probablement le projeter avant le départ de l'air et puis retourner de nouveau à vous. Vous ne pouvez pas raisonner que l'article est arrivé par avion, été là et fait cela.

Perfectly correct.
The postman Sansai explained to me clearly.
In my case I had to remove the battery to return my phone. And so now I have two.
Battery huh rolleyes.gif

Problem with Lazada is that there are now many little shops on Lazada's website that 'drop ship' their products directly from their own warehouse, often outside of Thailand like from Hong Kong and not directly from Lazada's warehouse, it's often hit or miss with these little shops within these website. It would be a nightmare trying to returns to sellers in Hongkong.

Also the product descriptions is often inaccurate

Even Lazada's with own stock they do make mistakes all the time but ringing them up they'd send someone to pick up the returns without much fuzz,

I see that now the Kerrys logistics that deliver most of Lazada's cash on deliveries shipment now has motorbikes doing the rounds in Pattaya, it used to be that they have trucks coming from Bangkok directly daily, the volume of sales in Pattaya must be so great now that they have warehouse /sorting office somewhere near just for Pattaya deliveries

Edited by digbeth

Have bought many items. Have also returned items. No problems

I have too. I bought 4 Lenovo tablets last year without problem, in addition to many other items. If the price is right, I would buy.

Beware of dishonest pricing tactics. They often will show ridiculously high original prices so they can claim nonsense discounts of 60% and more.... bringing the item down to normal shop prices. I emailed them about this practice after they tried to claim a full price of 4000 baht for Chanel lipstick, which is over double the department store price in Thailand... guess what? They never replied.

A word of caution when buying outside of Thailand. You will find it very difficult to return any item that contains a battery. Thailand Post will probably screen it prior to air departure and then return it back to you. You can not reason that the item arrived by airmail, been there and done that.

You can send them by DHL and FedEx, however I would never buy one from outside Thailand. Been there - made that mistake with an iPhone 6, which turned out to be a lemon.

When I ordered it was to be free shipping. The delivery company tried to charge 400B for delivery, this happened twice on different orders.

Both times I refused to accept, I contacted Lazada and they said NO DELIVERY CHARGE that is when the delivery guy came back and started to get very stroppy with Mrs Jessi.

angry.png

I will never deal with Lazada again no matter what,mad.gif

I have bought from Lazada several times without any problems. I always pay Cash on Delivery, and have the driver open the packages so I can inspect them before paying. I've never found anything wrong, but if I did, I would refuse it so I don't have to hassle with their return procedures.

I bought a Lenovo phone that is not available any other way than on-line. Very happy with it. Much better than my previous Samsung and at less than half the price. In some cases I've bought items that are impossible to find in Pattaya - Lazada had a large selection.

Generally everything arrives in one to three days - worst case was 7 days. I always order more than the 999 Baht threshold so shipping and delivery is always free.

On orders with multiple products, they don't always deliver them together. On one order, the driver showed up with only one item, so I paid him for that item only. 45 minutes later, another driver came with the second item. In another case, they were delivered over a two day period. I would strongly recommend NEVER paying via any method other than COD.

Edited by SurfRider

I have bought from Lazada several times without any problems. I always pay Cash on Delivery, and have the driver open the packages so I can inspect them before paying. I've never found anything wrong, but if I did, I would refuse it so I don't have to hassle with their return procedures.

They have a 10% credit card promotion on all items 2 or 3 times a week.

Yes I concur, order with a credit card, gives you extra protection.

Lazzada does not accept foreign credit cards, and not too sure if Thai bank issued ones have the charge back.

I am not too sure, but remember reading somewhere, charge backs are not possible with Thai Banks

I always use my foreign debit card.

When I ordered it was to be free shipping. The delivery company tried to charge 400B for delivery, this happened twice on different orders.

Both times I refused to accept, I contacted Lazada and they said NO DELIVERY CHARGE that is when the delivery guy came back and started to get very stroppy with Mrs Jessi.

angry.png

There is a delivery charge for orders under 1000 baht. I would just have said "no" and that would have been the end of it. You knew the deal when you ordered - why stress over it? I don't let my Mrs deal with couriers - good luck if they want to get stroppy with me.

Lazada can be a very useful mail order site where you can get stuff not available anywhere in Thailand and too much trouble to order from overseas - not worth boycotting over such a non-event IMO. I use Lazada Philippines too - never had a single problem on either side of the China Sea.

Edited by tropo

I have brought many times from Lazada and have always had good experience. I think it is a good service here in Thailand. I also have brought items less than 1,000 baht and still no delivery charge. A month ago I brought an item for 599 and it was delivered free from Lazada Express in two days. On their main page they have shipping charges and this is what I read:

Free Nationwide Delivery
Minimum Order
BKK and upcountry: 49 baht fee for orders below 299 baht.
Remote areas: 149 baht fee for orders below 1,999 baht.
Operating days: Monday-Saturday

Learn more

Where is the 1,000 baht mentioned for free delivery?

• 4 months later...

i have been waiting since 29jan for a refund. when i sent the defective item back, i asked for a replacement. lazada replied that they only refund. i sent my bank account details on 29 jan. i received an email on 3rd feb saying the money had been put into my bank account and that it would take up to 7 days for the money to go into my bank. . today i received an email from lazada saying to provide my bank account deatils AGAIN.

Edited by Rimmer
Defamatory

angry.png

There is a delivery charge for orders under 1000 baht. I would just have said "no" and that would have been the end of it. You knew the deal when you ordered - why stress over it? I don't let my Mrs deal with couriers - good luck if they want to get stroppy with me.

Lazada can be a very useful mail order site where you can get stuff not available anywhere in Thailand and too much trouble to order from overseas - not worth boycotting over such a non-event IMO. I use Lazada Philippines too - never had a single problem on either side of the China Sea.

Why dont you read my post before you comment bullshit.

It said "FREE SHIPPING"

The reason Mrs Jessi went in to bat was because I was in hospital.

Lazada sent me an email later & told me they were having problems with their courier.