Sony Playstation 2 Repair In Bangkok

xbusman

My Sony Playstation 2 from America is starting to act up a little, getting a "disc cannot be read" error. Does anyone have some info on shops in Pantip or MBK that can repair it and add the chip at the same time?

the don't read problem is a broken laser and all depends on your model.

Actually the spare part laser are bad quality and expensive, but new is to refurbish them, thats relative easy and working well.

So for repair, don't spend to much money, and check direct after repair.

Chip: go for something better, normaly they use these 3 US$ chips (well you'll pay more for it) if you use instead the www.psxtune.com chip for 19 US$ you are on the safer side.

But I must mention that I am the owner of psxtune.com, so it is not a neutral opinion.

The read error is not always a broken laser, most of the time the lazer needs some finetuning any shop can do this for you. You can do it yourself also here is the link to the pdf file.

To give your laser a longer life i would go for PS2 USB EXTREME. With this bootup dvd you can play all your games from a USB harddrive. Just copy the games with your computer to your external harddrive, boot with the PS2 USB EXTREME DVD and play the games on your harddrive. The garantee of your playstation lasts till the end wit a build in chip there is no garantee anymore. There is also a internal version called HD LOADER but this does not work with the second and smaller release of the PS2.

Hope this can help you :o

The read error is not always a broken laser, most of the time the lazer needs some finetuning any shop can do this for you. You can do it yourself also here is the link to the pdf file.

To give your laser a longer life i would go for PS2 USB EXTREME. With this bootup dvd you can play all your games from a USB harddrive. Just copy the games with your computer to your external harddrive, boot with the PS2 USB EXTREME DVD and play the games on your harddrive. The garantee of your playstation lasts till the end wit a build in chip there is no garantee anymore. There is also a internal version called HD LOADER but this does not work with the second and smaller release of the PS2.

Hope this can help you :o

the older PS2 (v3-v7) tend to broken laser, often it gets weaker than you can adjust it and anyway it is dead 1 month later (the version 4 is famouse for that)

The Hard disk is great to play games and keep your original safe :o Also the loading time is incredibly higher ...

yes you can keep the original games at a safe place. For example the shop where they sell original games are safe places (where you can leaf the originals) :D:D:D

My Sony Playstation 2 from America is starting to act up a little, getting a "disc cannot be read" error. Does anyone have some info on shops in Pantip or MBK that can repair it and add the chip at the same time?

One shop in Bangkok Saphanlek supplies me with ps2 parts for my ps2 shop in Phuket.

This shop sells original Sony parts while many other shops sell Chinese copy junk.

Mail me if you want the info about this shop.

New original lasers for the old thick ps2 are hard to find, the refurbished ones (3000 baht) can have a used laserdiode and/or are poorly aligned if the laserlens is replaced.

For the thin slimline type ps2 is there no problem replacing the laser and it should not cost to much but if you have an SCPH-70004 (V12) than you need a special IC to prevent laser burnout.

From the modchips is in Thailand the M type like the M5 or M7 very popular and it cost 5 dollar.

Works fine but I install the modbo 2.1 or newer 745 wich has a dev mode and that means that it is possible to boot HD loader on the memory card so you dont need a laser this way and play from harddisk with a hd-network adapter (1250 baht) this with a note that 70% of all games work on the HD.

Most of the laser read errors are caused by:

1 Dirty laserlens

2 Blown laser coils (that moves the lens for focussing an tracking)

3 Worn out laserarm and other mechanical stuff

4 Laser power

One shop in Bangkok Saphanlek supplies me with ps2 parts for my ps2 shop in Phuket.

This shop sells original Sony parts while many other shops sell Chinese copy junk.

Mail me if you want the info about this shop.

New original lasers for the old thick ps2 are hard to find, the refurbished ones (3000 baht) can have a used laserdiode and/or are poorly aligned if the laserlens is replaced.

For the thin slimline type ps2 is there no problem replacing the laser and it should not cost to much but if you have an SCPH-70004 (V12) than you need a special IC to prevent laser burnout.

From the modchips is in Thailand the M type like the M5 or M7 very popular and it cost 5 dollar.

Works fine but I install the modbo 2.1 or newer 745 wich has a dev mode and that means that it is possible to boot HD loader on the memory card so you dont need a laser this way and play from harddisk with a hd-network adapter (1250 baht) this with a note that 70% of all games work on the HD.

Most of the laser read errors are caused by:

1 Dirty laserlens

2 Blown laser coils (that moves the lens for focussing an tracking)

3 Worn out laserarm and other mechanical stuff

4 Laser power

these special IC for the v12, beside that I have them here, there is a very easy way to make them yourself, if need that guide, let me know and I post the link

Slightly off the original subject, can we play PS2 on-line from Thailand with fake games using a chipped PS2? Or how about an original game using a chipped PS2? I have a network adaptor and successfully connected my PS2 to my ISP ( True ADSL). However, I still can't play any games on-line. This is because either my PS2 is chipped and somehow this is detected, or my ADLS router (D-Link) has a problem connecting PS2 on-line (I know the D-Link firmware has had problems in the past with PS2 on-line). Any help would be much appreciated.

Slightly off the original subject, can we play PS2 on-line from Thailand with fake games using a chipped PS2? Or how about an original game using a chipped PS2? I have a network adaptor and successfully connected my PS2 to my ISP ( True ADSL). However, I still can't play any games on-line. This is because either my PS2 is chipped and somehow this is detected, or my ADLS router (D-Link) has a problem connecting PS2 on-line (I know the D-Link firmware has had problems in the past with PS2 on-line). Any help would be much appreciated.

I cannot tell about patched backup games, honor the forum rules, mail me if you want info.

You can play online with a disabled modchip with an original game disk

There are 4 regions for the PS2 and online gaming is possible with a ps2 with the same region as the original game disc.

The lag or latency shall make playing hard because Thailand has a CAT bottleneck, I dont know if there are local game servers.

There should be a setup disk with your networkadapter for configuring the networksettings.

Perhaps enable DHCP on your router will work.