Sweating I can't stop sweating something wrong with me ?

Big C, pay the doctor a visit...pretty lovely nurses, dressed in white , wearing sexy Crocs sandals will do their best to turn this painful experience into an enjoyable one,

Edited by Opl

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean !
1) Drink lots of liquid - 4+ Litres per day (6-8 bottles) we never drink enough - coffee ok but it is a diuretic.
2) I always carry a face cloth - helps to wipe down even better if damp
3) Wear cotton polo shirts that help absorb the sweat and best colour white, dark colours show the sweat and add to the stress - some shirts etc are a mix of fabrics and many man made fabrics do not let in air or absorb sweat.
4) Take a fan with you ..be confident of your sexuality !! ..a fan can be cooling
5) The head looses heat fastest - keep hair short and only wear a hat if really needed.
6) Avoid stress - it puts up the blood pressure and body temperature.
7) If overweight loose a few pounds - VERY important...and many health benefits.
6) I still sweat - BUT at a few years ago unreasonably so - especially 'night sweats' - had a medical and discovered I had CLL - Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia. Eventually required chemo and now in remission. IF you are worried have a blood test at any hospital - ask for a 'complete blood count' - check the white blood cells, WBC as it appears on the report.

Stay cool bro !!

Try to avoid any hot drinks such as coffee...

You're right about the coffee, because it dehydrates the body. But, I like to drink a lot of hot tea and soups, even in the early afternoon. Initial sweating can be helped with a shower, but, generally I'm sweating less. Drinking icecold water or else makes things worse (good for the feeling, but not that good for the body).

Humidity humidity humidity at least 90% or higher in the morning and only dropping to around 65 to 70% Thiis a nasty time of year.

We had 98 degrees F one day last week. UGLY HEAT. The sun is getting stronger and higher in the sky.

The advice to see a doc is wisdom. If sweating an issue related to different factors, age, weight, diet, etc. Sweating like this often happens at male change of life. It also can happen from thyroid, hot outside like said, but usually not diabetes- that is big drink, big thirst, big pee/ Its true water follows salt, as said earlier. Your best post remains the guy who observed if it is important enough to post you should see a doc. that is the kind of advice you would tell someone you love, so do it!

So you are in a hot and currently humid country and you are overweight ( and do no exercise at a guess )

Take a look around, its the same for all overweight persons in general, over eating, no exercise, high blood pressure, feeling uncomfortable etc, sweating buckets!

Change your lifestyle, cut down 50% of what you eat, exercise everyday and what happens? Sweating stops and you will feel great! It's up to you, but it can be done.

Have a great day.

Forget the torture and time wasting of the gym unless you really enjoy it and you've got plenty of time on your hands. Eat less, cut out the booze completely and eat rice only once a week, and walk a bit more. Might help.

Ths is probably the worst advice i have read on this forum.

Going to the gym to do strength exercise, especially on a diet, is crucial so you don't end up being skinny fat as restricting caloric intake will lead to muscle loss but that muscle loss can drastically be lowered by strength exercise (and enough proteins). And in what way would it help his sweating or diet if he ate rice just once a week?

And who in the world doesn't have an hour to spend at the gym every other day or even every third day?

It's a common myth that coffee dehydrates you but normal intake (a cup or two) doesn't cause fluid loss in excess of the volume ingested.

The primary, non-pathological reason for sweating your body is unable to effectively regulate its core temperature. This is exacerbated by being in a hot, humid environment where the body's primary mechanism for cooling itself (sweating) works less efficiently. That happens when the temperature and humidity are both high.

When the relative humidity is over 95%, evaporative cooling pretty much stops working. Unfortunately your sweat glands can't be reasoned with and just continue to pump out more sweat, drenching you. At this point the film of water on your body begins to act more like an insulator, making matters worse - it's a viscous cycle. Even sitting in front of a fan won't help because the air is already saturated.

You need to find alternate methods for cooling down. Either dehumidify the air, cool it, or both. Lower your body temperature by drinking cold water. If you have ice cubes, chew on some. It takes a lot of heat energy to convert ice back to water. And add a variety of fruit to your diet to help replace all those electrolytes you're sweating out.

Smoothies are my favorite way to cool down since they are mostly water, crushed ice and fruit.

Edited by attrayant

Sit in your airconditioned room.Make sure you have it turned Down.If your still hot after 30 minutes go see A doctor.If your outside

And your sweating.You need to remember where your at.You'll get use to it after awhile.Maybe.

If you spend too much time in air conditioning, you'll feel the heat all the more without it. I seldom use it. A ceiling fan should be enough and ,,, aside from life style choices or health issues ... you should become more acclimated in time.

Avoid synthetic fabrics for clothing. Don't sit on or sleep on things that don't "breathe" like leather or latex.

You're getting old BigC....I remember when you couldn't stop swearing on here! tongue.png

I find that the older I get the easier it is to cope with the heat.

Edited by Suradit69

Were you in a sauna?

Joking aside. yes, sweating lots these days. My shirt was drenched with sweat yesterday after walking from train station to house (about 1km). Sexy or what?

Also, if I am sweating a bit, and go in to an air-con room, continue to sweat for a few minutes...must be something to do with body temperature having to adjust.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Avoid synthetic fabrics for clothing. Don't sit on or sleep on things that don't "breathe" like leather or latex.

Have to qualify that statement a bit: Form-fitting lycra/spandex is great for wicking the moisture away from your body, resulting in a significant cooling effect. Cyclists don't wear them just for the fashion. However for this to work they have to be a snug fit, which is probably uncomfortable for you if you haven't worn them before.

Loose-fitting synthetics, however, will just add another layer of heat-blocking insulation once they get drenched with your sweat. Even cotton t-shirts are useless for cooling once they get soaked with sweat. Either wear something that will draw the moisture off your skin or be prepared to wipe yourself down frequently.

Or you could try this. Not the most appealing look but it does help you lose some heat.

5056104611_4defbe7eb6_z.jpg

Edited by attrayant

It's a common myth that coffee dehydrates you but normal intake (a cup or two) doesn't cause fluid loss in excess of the volume ingested.

The primary, non-pathological reason for sweating your body is unable to effectively regulate its core temperature. This is exacerbated by being in a hot, humid environment where the body's primary mechanism for cooling itself (sweating) works less efficiently. That happens when the temperature and humidity are both high.

When the relative humidity is over 95%, evaporative cooling pretty much stops working. Unfortunately your sweat glands can't be reasoned with and just continue to pump out more sweat, drenching you. At this point the film of water on your body begins to act more like an insulator, making matters worse - it's a viscous cycle. Even sitting in front of a fan won't help because the air is already saturated.

You need to find alternate methods for cooling down. Either dehumidify the air, cool it, or both. Lower your body temperature by drinking cold water. If you have ice cubes, chew on some. It takes a lot of heat energy to convert ice back to water. And add a variety of fruit to your diet to help replace all those electrolytes you're sweating out.

Smoothies are my favorite way to cool down since they are mostly water, crushed ice and fruit.

Whether you wrote this (I think so) or cut and pasted, this is a very good post. Thanks.

Sit in your airconditioned room.Make sure you have it turned Down.If your still hot after 30 minutes go see A doctor.If your outside

And your sweating.You need to remember where your at.You'll get use to it after awhile.Maybe.

+1....It's so hot here I sweat just walking to my motorbike.

You're living in an Oven, what else would you expect ? Your choice of course, you didn't have to go and live there. So you just have to accept it. It makes me 'shiver' just to think about it, hahaha !

Often caused by drinking alcoholic drinks. If you are a drinker, give up drinking and after 2-3 months the excessive sweating should stop.

A week ten days of drinking every day will do it for me its like a tap is turned on,the only solution is to stop drinking or in my case don't

start,dry out for a week it should start to make a difference.

I read somewhere that vitamin C helps your body to regulate its temperature. I try to take a 1000mg a day. I can take the heat better than most. Drinking a lot of beer the night before really brings on the sweats. I noticed some of our visitors to the factory once they start sweating they can't stop.

I would like to thank and congratulate all those who reacted on this OP. Normally a simple question like this gets about 50 percent of silly, stupid or just plain "joke-ish" responses. But this time I have only seen genuinely concerned and (mostly) useful advices. Keep it like this: it will improve the standard of TVF.

Hans Mondeel

No, probably not However, if you are sweating excessively, you need to be careful of making sure you are getting enough Salt daily...... even a small glass of lightly salted water in the morning is enough.

As you sweat you can lose Salt and Salt is vital in maintaining the proper balance of nutrients in your cells.

That lack of Salt could be the cause of you feeling tired and listless all the time as you are not adequately replacing Salt you sweat out .

Sodium from Salt in your blood is used by you cell's metabolism to regulate the intake of nutrients in your blood by your cells.... and a lack of that vital ingredient can mean that your cells are not taking in the nutrients (from food) properly and that can make you feel tired all the time.

You only need a small amount of Salt daily to restore the balance.... but it is vital.... especially if you sweat excessively.

Usually you can get all the Salt you need from your diet .....but a small glass of lightly salted water once a day shouldn't hurt you.... and if you sweat heavily you might be surprised how much better it makes you feel.

Potassium and electrolytes also.

in the summertime , at one point on my life I was cramping a lot, I asked the doctor and he told me that I was loosing too much Potassium

suggested eating bananas and/or salt potassium pills ,

End of cramps smile.png

if you are respiring more than you usually do at a particular room temperature, I would have a check up, it could be an indication of an underlying medical problem.

Every day about 6pm they close all the windows in the building locking in all that heat. What the Hell is wrong with these people.

living with a thai family,

all doors windows must be closed !! 24 hrs !!

Burglers and moskitos !!

no chance to discuss a natural air flow from ground up to 3rd floor,

especial not in the cold night to cool down wall and concrete,

as this is time where ghosts and burglers have season family exists !!