Will they ignore my 90-day when I leave the country next Thursday 7/5 ?

If I flew out on May 5 and returned May 10, I believe my next reporting date would have been somewhere in early July -

That is correct. Each time you enter the country from abroad the 90 day clock restarts.

I have never heard of or known airport immigration to pay any attention to/look into 90 day reporting. Where you can get nailed and fined is when you make your next report or (more likely) when you do the annual extension of stay. As you are not planning to do either, a non-issue in your case.

Even if you do return, there is a chance they'd overlook this as you will have been over by just a few days and reporting regularly till now. No guarantee, of course.

I once inadvertently failed to report (I rarely need to as I often travel out of country) and wound up having been here a little over 90 days without reporting, then left the country for a month and re-entered. Not mentioned/no problem when I did my annual extension of stay. Which of course doesn't guarantee your immigration office would be the same, but I think for just a few days over the 90 and a history of regular reporting, not very likely.

• Like 1

LOL ! laugh.png

"Macum's" are, of course, massively "disadvantaged" and actively discouraged from entering "Geordieland" ! smile.png

If you ever watched the movie " Levithian" you would understand that that Stockton On Tees And Middlesboro made that Russian wasteland look like Koh Samui 40 years ago. Paradise lost! What would Redcar Beach be like if it wasn't strewn with Macum faeces, ICI improved their view! One thing in their favour though, at least they are not as disgusting as the Tommy Steele Brigade from "Chirpy Cheerful Cockney Land" with their flat feet, thieving robbing draft dodging Arthur Daley's! It is amazing how they still manage to exist, I would have thought deportation to Australia would have got most of them, but then we brought half of the bastards back like good old "Can you guess what it is yet" Rolf Harris....Yes Rolf it is your dick! At 85, you really don't want to be poking kids with it.....

Edited by Vogele123

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You can report by post,just copies of passport,or now I believe

on line, never done it that way yet but there have been reports

it can be done, the fine for failure to report is 500 THB per day

regards Worgeordie

There is no "500 Baht / Day fine" for not reporting the 90 days, (500 a day is for overstay) it is usually 1500 to 2000 baht all in, I paid 1200 for not reporting for 3 years ( I didn't know and no one told me).

I suspect that you are in fact a Macum, and not a Geordie, you can be paid 500 Baht a day just to live in Macumland!

LOL ! alt=laugh.png>

"Macum's" are, of course, massively "disadvantaged" and actively discouraged from entering "Geordieland" ! smile.png

It's mackem not macum.....

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You say leaving the country is not the same as a report? Well I have found that it is. I work abroad and have a marriage visa. I also renewed my visa at a Thai embassy abroad. The 90 days countdown begins when I arrive back. I've never had such problems in the 8 years I've been doing this.

Stop posting nonsense !

If you really have a "marriage visa" which was obtained abroad it is either a single entry "visa" good for one 90 day stay OR the "visa" is one which permits multiple entries non of which can exceed 90 days!

In neither case are 90 day reports required!

I always treat my entering and exiting the same as a report too. My extension of stay is based on retirement. I was led to this conclusion by the head of an immigration dept several years ago. She was ready to do something bad to me but then backed down when she noticed my entry date. She treated it as the same as a report. And then I always did my 90 reports based on that date.

"I always treat my entering and exiting the same as a report too."

That's one way of looking at it but for some it may not clarify things. The TM47 form is a report to Immigration that you have been in the country for 90 days or more, or you anticipate reaching that mark in 15 days or less. Exiting before you've been here 90 days negates the need to report. Re-entering restarts the 90-day clock for reporting.

I renewed my marriage visa just over a month before it was due to expire in Muscat, Oman. I exited the country on 24th February and will do my 90 days locally later this month. As I have done many times in the past 8 years.

attachicon.gifNon-O multiple entries Muscat 20150215.jpg

You did not renew your Non-O visa, as they can not be renewed, you got a new visa.

And it seems you are confused about the 90 day report.

A 90 day report is only needed if you are in Thailand for more than 90 days from your last entry into the country.

It has always been true that entering Thailand starts the 90 day clock and that if you leave before 90 days no report is needed.

However leaving the country after more than 90 days without doing a 90 day report (while there is nothing done as you leave) can mean that if you need to do a 90 day report in the future the missed report might be noticed and you could be fined.

I hope this is clear now

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Yes you have to report.

My personal experience - no need to report in the circumstances you describe. Departure from Thai negates such need. However, if it is convenient and makes you feel more comfortable - then report.

Departure from Thailand negates such need if he leave Thailand within 90 days. If he leave Thailand after 93, 120 or 150 days it doesn't.....

Yes you have to report.

My personal experience - no need to report in the circumstances you describe. Departure from Thai negates such need. However, if it is convenient and makes you feel more comfortable - then report.

Departure from Thailand negates such need if he leave Thailand within 90 days. If he leave Thailand after 93, 120 or 150 days it doesn't.....

Some people will continue to insist they are "Correct" even when it is demonstrated , beyond any reasonable doubt, that they are, in fact , WRONG !

Edited by nzexpat