Squat Loo (common sense)

Cheeky Farang

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When in thailand, I squat.

I don´t sit like the sign says, unless i´m in a posh place or a farang friends western style house.

With my back slightly straighter from proper squatting, I find my pooh exits easier...

:D:o

and what has this got to do with Thailand?

People who normally use squat loos getting the use of farang style loos wrong, has everything to do with Thailand ... :o

totster :D

Thanks Totster,

The antagonistic mittheimp does post the most stupid oneliners most times, and if he looked at the writting on the sign he would understand its KHYMER which is used in North Thailand and the Borders.

( Bet you Mods have him flagged )

CF

and what has this got to do with Thailand?

People who normally use squat loos getting the use of farang style loos wrong, has everything to do with Thailand ... :D

totster :D

Thanks Totster,

The antagonistic mittheimp does post the most stupid oneliners most times, and if he looked at the writting on the sign he would understand its KHYMER which is used in North Thailand and the Borders.

CF

I know its Khmer! - do public toilets in Thailand use the Khmer language for signs?

and I'm not antagonistic!! :o

There has been a few debates about the squat loo and the battle on how to use them. Now I thought the Farang style loo was common sense, but apparently not for some !!!!!!!!!!!!

post-11711-1157573172_thumb.jpg

Hi CF,

Remember a long time back here on this forum there was a " you know you have been in Thailand to long, when " thread ?

One of the answers was, When the footprints on the toilet seat are yours :o

blah blah blah

CF

bet you were mommy's little darling, weren't ya cheeky. nice to see you have remained on the side of all that is good and true.

as for the sign, i have seen one on a thai airways flight, though that was years ago.

Edited by t.s

I know its Khmer! - do public toilets in Thailand use the Khmer language for signs?

and I'm not antagonistic!! :D

Yes you are.

At the cabaret show in CM there are signs similar to these.They put these signs up to lengthen the life of the dunny seat.... :D

BTW, mittheimp, the Cabaret show is in Chiang Mai.Chiang Mai is in Thailand. :o

Please indulge me if this has come up before............but I truly wonder what is the best way to manage trousers whilst using a squat loo. And trousers without zipper pockets to boot!

Take em right off.. put em somewhere safe and dry.. it's the only way.. :D

totster :o

Donz Wow... your hand(s) on the back wall!!

ooooohhh, u need to practice yoga to do this, dont u? its quite tough for me tho...

Excuse me, but i imagine the position of squatting w one hand on the back wall.... well, u need triangle shape squat loo... yea?

Please indulge me if this has come up before............but I truly wonder what is the best way to manage trousers whilst using a squat loo. And trousers without zipper pockets to boot!

Take em right off.. put em somewhere safe and dry.. it's the only way.. :D

totster :o

I take everything off and then hose myself down afterwards .... :D

When in thailand, I squat.

I don´t sit like the sign says, unless i´m in a posh place or a farang friends western style house.

With my back slightly straighter from proper squatting, I find my pooh exits easier...

:D:o

kayo look here mate,

straight up here and no messing around,

when my good self has to back one out, i'll squat, sit or stand on my frigging head if i have to.

jesus mate,

when you got to go, and you got to go now,

its a no brainer.

anyway kayo,

nice work keeping your back straight when you are snapping one off, as its good for your posture :D

cheers old mate :D

:o Farang using squat loo, never realize it was a problem until reading it on TV.

Quite funny.

As for the OP, I think the sign was to tell people not to squat rather than teaching them how to use.

Does anyone really sit down on a public toilet? I never do unless the place looks really really clean.

Still I put toilet paper on the seat first.

So the sign is actually for people like me, I guess.

Important debate this! :D

Thais seem to be more flexible at the ankles than Westerners. I cannot squat to save my life, and I'm not overweight at all. :o The many times when I've had to use a service station toilet facility; I am arms flailing about everywhere, and trying to prevent myself depositing one in my trousers.

How come there is never any toilet paper / tissue in these service stn loos? :D

Important debate this! :D

Thais seem to be more flexible at the ankles than Westerners. I cannot squat to save my life, and I'm not overweight at all. :o The many times when I've had to use a service station toilet facility; I am arms flailing about everywhere, and trying to prevent myself depositing one in my trousers.

How come there is never any toilet paper / tissue in these service stn loos? :D

yes ive been to kmart,

bought some degreaser there once.

urr, umm, the reason they dont have bog paper is because the punters knock it all off.

:D

If the somchais squat so close to the pan how come they miss so often or is this some sort of dirty luddite protest? heard a tale about a welshman about to teach his first class in some temple school and faced with a squatter he duly dumped his full pay load into the back of his cream coloured strides. Five minutes to class1 What would you do?