What are our police/army road checkpoints doing

ttl

Had a low speed accident when a" j" walking pedestrian passed across the left hand highway lane onto the right hand lane,never looking to her right,but paying attention to her dog following her.Despite my horn and braking there was an impact which broke my cars windscreen.

The accident took place about 100 metres past the set of cones,signs, old tyres etc marking the curve passway of a CHECKPOINT.

The area is built up with many wayside markets on both sides of the road,so there were many eager hands to lift the lady to the the grass edge.My phone was not with me so I yelled for someone to call police and ambulance.I did not see any response,but someone did make the calls

As I was right at a U turn break in the medium strip, I turned and went back to the check point tent

.Usually there are about 3 local police on site with their nice private cars parked under the trees.At this time around mid day there were none.(Lunch time?)There was however one very young soldier sitting ,well within site of the accident,doing nothing.

I got out of my car and pointed to the broken windscreen,telling him to call police and ambulance.He took off behind the tent ,came back with his gun,had a look at the car and had no idea what to do.No English of course.

About 20 minutes later the ambulance arrived and ten minutes later the police

I travel this road frequently and have never seen a vehicle stopped at the checkpoint.What are these guys supposed to be doing?And why no police on hand to support the lone soldier? TIT

Ours near the provincial border Khon Kaen/Chaiyaphum is simply gone.

They must have been bored to death, sitting there since May 2014.

A logical result of lifting martial law.

I hope the lady is ok. Clearly you have struck her hard if there was enough force to break your 'screen. You seem to have assumed that sounding your horn would stop her. She may have been deaf as indeed any pedestrian might be. The thought process should have been "That lady is heading into the road space I will be occupying soon, WHAT IF she she doesn't stop and wait for me to pass? ..... and taking early preventative action accordingly.

I have learned not to mess with the ones along the Myanmar border. Very professional. Very serious.

Why would you have to "learn" something like that?

I learned the difference between the usual checkpoints and the ones in the border area.

Very different approach.

Archived