Family dies in drink-related road crash in North Pattaya

webfact

Family dies in drink-related road crash in North Pattaya

crash-61.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The drink-related road incidents in Pattaya over the Labor Day weekend have already claimed lives but on Sunday Night a Husband & Wife along with their 2 year old child were killed in a single-vehicle drink-related road crash in North Pattaya.

Rescue Services rushed to the scene but it was too late to save the family of three. The crash occurred on the Sukhumvit Road, in front of the Baan Na Gaow Temple in the Northern Outskirts of Pattaya.

An Isuzu D-Max pick-up was on its roof in the central reservation and the bodies of the driver, Khun Promin aged 22, his wife and front-seat passenger, Khun Anongsi aged 32 and a back-seat passenger, their 2 year old Son, were pulled from the wreckage.

According to a friend of the driver, Khun Supansa, the Husband & Wife had spent the day drinking with friends at their house in Banglamung.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/190019/family-dies-in-drink-related-road-crash-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-04

Change the law.

Drink driving - immediate incarceration!.

Broadcast it so everyone knows what to expect.

Drink..............walk, take a taxi or have someone drive who has not been drinking.

The time for committees etc to mull over road deaths has long gone. IMMEDIATE action is needed.

Change the law.

Drink..............walk, take a taxi or have someone drive who has not been drinking.

The time for committees etc to mull over road deaths has long gone. IMMEDIATE action is needed.

in your dreams! drinking and driving is an accepted practice among the thai's and no law to strictly enforce the ban has been enforced except for the half ass attempt on songkran.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Change the law.

in your dreams! drinking and driving is an accepted practice among the thai's and no law to strictly enforce the ban has been enforced except for the half ass attempt on songkran.

Does not change the fact the time has long since passed to begin addressing changes that will reduce such tragedies. It should never be considered "acceptable". Responsibility falls to law enforcement who should look at the positive effects such laws have had in other countries and begin the effort.

Not surprised,drove to Koh chang yesterday roads unbelieveblly busy,saw result of 3 accidents on way,and another on the island,traffic around Pattaya horrendous.

Yeah I saw 3-4 on the short drive to Rayong Saturday.

Impatient, stupid and likely drunk drivers a-plenty.

Edited by jacko45k

Sometimes i have a few drinks anddrive home ,in the UK i would get a ban ,here nothing ,i will say i never drive if 'drunk" but i do drive at a modest speed on the inside lane if i have drunk anything ,i cannot understand how you can drink heavilly and then race around like a lunatic ,which by the state of the car this guy was doing.

Confiscate people's vehicles who get caught. Hit people where it hurts and give people something to think about. A little jail time too won't go amiss. Selfish moronic behavior, drink driving. So many avoidable senseless deaths because of it.

Change the law.

Waste of time .

Drink driving laws in the west are very draconian and yet people still drink and drive.

Sure not as bad as here but some people just do not think or care

Change the law.

Change the law???? They have to learn to obey the current lays and the police have to learn to enforce them first....and it won't stop this type of idiocy for years!

Sorry friend but you are NOT any better then drunk driving Thais.

what answer will i get to this Q:

You drive home after a couple drinks,driving very carefully BUT you hit and kill a pedestrian/child..you go to Policestation/Hospital to check how much alkohol there is,if any,in your blood..And you find out that you were ABOVE limit..What is your answer to the family that just had their child KILLED by YOU..????

You think your "but i do drive at a modest speed on the inside lane"...would be enough to comort the heartbroken parents??

Sometimes i have a few drinks anddrive home ,in the UK i would get a ban ,here nothing ,i will say i never drive if 'drunk" but i do drive at a modest speed on the inside lane if i have drunk anything ,i cannot understand how you can drink heavilly and then race around like a lunatic ,which by the state of the car this guy was doing.

Edited by petercool
edited colour type

H

Feel sorry for the 2 year old who had no choice in the decision to enter the vehicle.

I had tears in my eyes when I see and read this, poor little thing no choice left to the pissed up mother and young useless drunken murderer, friends like their you do not need.

Their friends should be charged with assisting in a murder by supplying them with drink and not thinking about their condition and saving the little innocent child, sickening.

In these high-tech days where we have digital sniffers able to detect the food you have been eating, is it not possible to produce a device which monitors whether a driver has been drinking and automatically disables his or her vehicle?

Just think of the carnage which could be avoided, not just in Thailand, but across the world if such an invention existed and was made compulsory in all cars.

Edited by petercool
edited crude reference

duh...... I wonder what needs to be learned from this?

We all know what needs to be learned, it's really a matter of whether people want to learn from this.....with the road toll deaths as they are in this country, it appears no one is interest at all.

In these high-tech days where we have digital sniffers able to detect the food you have been eating, is it not possible to produce a device which monitors whether a driver has been drinking and automatically disables his or her vehicle?

Just think of the carnage which could be avoided, not just in Thailand, but across the world if such an invention existed and was made compulsory in all cars.

Actually, they do have, and have had for a number of years. I know a couple of people back in the US who have had Court Ordered breathalyzers attached to their car ignition. Before they can start the car, they have to breath into the tube and let it register their breath. If alcohol content shows up, guess what? The car won't start. But in Thailand you would need one installed on every car and motorbike in the country.

" is it not possible to produce a device which monitors whether a driver has been drinking and automatically disables his or her vehicle?"

already done

http://www.alcolockgb.com/