My first proper date with a Thai girl - What's your thoughts?

Before coming over, I joined a dating site and made friends with a number of Thai girls and chatted to a few.
Met up with one, seems nice enough but a couple of alarm bells though.

We went out for dinner where she proceeded to feed me.
(as in actually put food in my mouth like I was a baby)

Same thing with lunch the following day

I'm taking this as a good sign but is it normal?

She came from Chiang Mai to Pattaya to learn at an English School

Turns out she is actually Burmese, grew up in Chiang Mai after her parents passed away and is currently studying English.
seems a bit odd as she's 35 years old

Also she has braces on her teeth (again a bit odd by western standards to have braces at age 35)

Made it very clear that she wasn't interested in having sex right away, yet was content to hold my hand in public.

on the plus side she offered a number of times to pay for various things (contribute towards dinner and lunch, pay for Tuk Tuk)
She also showed me her Student Card (genuine)
And her ID (genuine and female so no chance of crossing swords)

Then asked me when I was going to return to Pattaya to see her again.

Before saying goodbye she pointed at my gut and said "get exercise, stop smoking, come back and see me"

Very cute, very pretty but a little concerning.

What's your take?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"She came from Chiang Mai to Pattaya to learn at an English School" would ring some alert bells.

But doesn't mean that there is a problem for sure.

"get exercise, stop smoking, come back and see me" cheesy.gif

yeah I was a bit like <deleted>, but at least it wasn't a total gtfo fatboy scenario

"she wasn't interested in having sex right away"

It is a nice way of saying: lets wait till you are less fat and smelly cheesy.gif

In a weird way I find that cute and interesting......Like she really cares.

If that is good or bad, I don't know but it is very funny.....(Sorry for the fun on your expense, but if it would happen to me, I wouldn't know what to answer....)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would have made a quick exit as the spoon feeding started...........You ever see a Thai bird "feed" a Thai bloke...?

I would have made a quick exit as the spoon feeding started...........You ever see a Thai bird "feed" a Thai bloke...?

yes.....

no, but what does it signify? this is what I want to try and understand (also why would you have made a quick exit?)

yeah I was a bit like <deleted>, but at least it wasn't a total gtfo fatboy scenario

It is a nice way of saying: lets wait till you are less fat and smelly cheesy.gif

If that is good or bad, I don't know but it is very funny.....(Sorry for the fun on your expense, but if it would happen to me, I wouldn't know what to answer....)

heh, no worries, as long as people are smiling I don't mind if its at my expense.

I don't think its a smell issue as I am pretty finicky about the way I smell and always ALWAYS carry a good cologne in my rucksack wherever I go.

I just assume that like a lot of western girls, Thais are no different to being intolerant of a tubby guy.

Which is fine because I definitely needed to lose a few pounds anyway (have lost nearly 10 pounds since arriving in BKK a month ago)

Weeeeeeeell it just don't happen in Thai society. It is a means of getting you in a state of "heaven" for her future cash supply. Trust me on that.........

If Thais saw her doing that they would blink.png . But some birds don't care cos of future "millionaire" taking care of stuff.

Sorry if I sound a bit "off", but have seen similar stuff and the outcome....

yeah that's what worries me, I don't want Thai birds to see me as a walking wallet.

As for what Thais thought, I don't think she gave a shit, we were seated in an open plan restaurant surrounded by Thais and she was feeding me.

It's a bit funny though. "lose some weight, stop smoking and only THEN will I start taking your money"

wut? blink.pngblink.png

heh, no worries, as long as people are smiling I don't mind if its at my expense.

I don't think its a smell issue as I am pretty finicky about the way I smell and always ALWAYS carry a good cologne in my rucksack wherever I go.

I just assume that like a lot of western girls, Thais are no different to being intolerant of a tubby guy.

Which is fine because I definitely needed to lose a few pounds anyway (have lost nearly 10 pounds since arriving in BKK a month ago)

No offence fella, but all smokers smell, they just don't know it. Adding smelly stuff doesn't make the smell go away the smoker just smells like they are doing the walk of shame.

The feeding thing just sounds like she feels the need to 'service' you in some way or maybe trying to lighten the mood.

I am sure you know what a fishing lure is....It is something that is not "real" but catches fish.............

Exactly. This is what was a bit concerning like it was too nice to be real.

I have read all the horror stories and have read the countless encounters by people on this forum

and because of it my guard is constantly up.

I would just hate to think that because so many people have been burnt, we pass up a good opportunity because we have become cynical and overly suspicious.

At the same time I ask myself "Why can't she be genuine? Am I making her to be less genuine because she seems too good to be real?"

Thai girls are no different from any other western girl in the sense that they all want stability, a family a home.

Is there any one girl alive that does not set off alarm bells when we meet them?

Too successful, too pretty, too guarded, too friendly, too interested.

I wish I was this cautious before meeting my ex wife though lol.

There are a few others that I been chatting to as well,

I have been trying to find the educated and employed girls although one girl who is a bank call center manager told me that the minute she finds a boyfriend she wants to stop working and I was like noooooooooooooo!

I stopped smoking a while ago. My wife still smokes and for a non smoker (or maybe even worse for a former smoker) it smells.

Depending a bit.....fresh smoked is not so bad, but if smoke too much a while later the old smell is bad.

But everyone is different on that.....had a GF who loved the smell of alcohol and cigarettes, she told it is so "male" and got very horny on it.

Unfortunately that was the only positive thing on her.....

Short version: if someone doesn't like smoke you smell as smoker.....

Edit: 10 pound w00t.gif That is 5 kg!!!

You should post in the "I am to fat" forum, as example for all these "it is impossible to loose weight because.....".

5 kg in 1 month is excellent!!thumbsup.gif

Edited by h90

You should post in the "I am to fat" forum, as example for all these "it is impossible to loose weight because.....".

if I can keep it off, I will.

I just cut bread out completely, stepped up the water intake ( I assume though that most of it was all water, when I first arrived I had to do a lot of walking around buying the essentials etc and sweated like Jimmy Saville in a daycare center.)

was there any sex at all?

None, just kissing.

By saying that she wasn't interested in having sex right away, I mean that she told me that she won't have sex with anyone who isn't a long term boyfriend and that she would need to be sure of my intentions before we did anything.

She also told me her ex waited nearly a year before they had sex.

This sounded somewhat far fetched but hey, who knows.

Although I can say for certainty that I will not be funding anyone's lifestyle for a year before getting any action - that's for frigging sure.

Edited by diginomad

if I can keep it off, I will.

I just cut bread out completely, stepped up the water intake ( I assume though that most of it was all water, when I first arrived I had to do a lot of walking around buying the essentials etc and sweated like Jimmy Saville in a daycare center.)

cut off the bread and rice and sweet things on you have won half the war......

Seems you have your eyes "open", use your instincts........Very important...

Always ask if they have been married and if they have kids..........If they say yes (kids) BUT mum takes care of them............Walk away, cos YOU WILL be taking care of them, I KNOW, and it is my NOW problem.......

This.

This is the pinnacle of my fears.

The girls that I have been shying away from are those that say they have kids and those that come from farming communities (Issan) where I KNOW they want to send my money home to Mom n Pop so that they can take a rest from working the rice paddies at my expense.

On the plus side though, sad as it is, it's a plus for me seeing as this girl's parents have passed away - just means there's no one for her to be sending my money to.

The one weird thing that also rang my bell a bit was that she is 35, learning English, is unemployed yet told me that her sister sends her money for her studies, food and board.

I know I am never going to meet a girl that checks all the boxes.

I think its more a case of

Employed, Easy on the eye, No kids, No family to interfere, Speaks a bit of English - pick 3

The rice is a tough one, and noodles, any suggestions as to what I can substitute seeing as you get rice and or noodles with just about any meal.

What are you looking for? If it's sex, there are far easier and quicker ways to get it. If it's a wife or serious relationship I wouldn't rely on internet dating.

Companionship and someone to help me improve my Thai.

I'm not going to go pay a bar girl.

Call me old fashioned but there's more than a moral dilemma when it comes to prostitution - my biggest concern is disease.

Someone told me the best girls will come from referrals, so and so meet so and so.

Problem is that the small handful of expat friends that I have living here don't know many Thai people bar 1 who has a Thai gf with some friends, I'll try go that route.

One of the reasons I did not is because if anything goes wrong, it can affect multiple friendships - hers and hers, hers and mine, his and mine.

The rice is a tough one, and noodles, any suggestions as to what I can substitute seeing as you get rice and or noodles with just about any meal.

Bread. tongue.pngtongue.png

I cut out rice for about a month and lost 4 kg a few months ago.

I've put one back on though as it's so hard to avoid rice here. Oh and finding those big bags of salt and vinegar crisps. As I can cook at home I do potatoes but soon get bored and too lazy/hot to cook and end up eating street or mall food with...... rice. rolleyes.gif

There are western salads being sold here, but you may find they give accelerated weight loss due to not being washed. Noodle dishes, egg or bean noodles, something like Yaam Bplah duk foo (deep fried catfish on mango or lemon grass in a sweet sauce). Som Tam.

my wife has some very well positioned friends(own their own units, financially good etc) that have asked us to find them english boyfriends but I dont recomend any because I dont think the guys would do the right thing. They dont want thai men as they are too untrustworthy, they want a genuine relationship with a genuine person. Dont know if I would ever let someone else feed me or want them to either, seems she is also playing the field so it might pay to shop around, there are genuine ones out there, you just have to find them. As for the sex, if they come over that fast it would be a worry as they obviously dish it out like that for everyone, then again maybe she is trying to use it as an incentive, just take it easy.