The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

• 6 months later...

Thank goodness there are no shermans stalking the forum is all I can say. bah.gif

Not very encouraging as we approach a vital qualifying group. I wanna go to Rio!!! sad.png

It was a friendly. No stress.

I t might have been a friendly but the result has made my day biggrin.png

• 3 months later...

Well that caps a terrific week for Scotland. Andy Murray winning the tennis and holding Macedonia to a draw. Well done chaps.

biggrin.png

Gritted teeth mind. No Rio trip it would seem....

You can have your laugh in a couple of years when Roy suddenly realises that the old guard that he's clinging onto will be geriatric in playing terms in a region of the world when youth and fitness is paramount.

The youngsters will be lacking in match experience because the "golden generation" of win nothings have been getting all the playing time and pending on our luck in the draw we'll be soundly beaten in the quarters. This is all ofcourse if we make it to the finals but it does have a certain familiar ring to it. smile.png

Well that caps a terrific week for Scotland. Andy Murray winning the tennis and holding Macedonia to a draw. Well done chaps.

biggrin.png

You can have your laugh in a couple of years when Roy suddenly realises that the old guard that he's clinging onto will be geriatric in playing terms in a region of the world when youth and fitness is paramount.

The youngsters will be lacking in match experience because the "golden generation" of win nothings have been getting all the playing time and pending on our luck in the draw we'll be soundly beaten in the quarters. This is all ofcourse if we make it to the finals but it does have a certain familiar ring to it. smile.png

This is off topic carms... but what old guard? Lamps and Gerrard? Milner has no place there either I guess....Cleverley?

Some good players in your side....some good young uns in ours as well....shame we both have shit managers.

biggrin.png

This is off topic carms... but what old guard? Lamps and Gerrard? Milner has no place there either I guess....Cleverley?

Some good players in your side....some good young uns in ours as well....shame we both have shit managers.

Terry Cole Lampard Gerrard. Absolute waste playing them.

• 5 weeks later...

I like Ferguson's movement and he has a good eye for goal but needs to read the offside rule.

I wonder if his namesake from Man Yoo will be OK to play?

Big bonus there if he turns in a good performance....we could use his experience now.

I like Ferguson's movement and he has a good eye for goal but needs to read the offside rule.

I wonder if his namesake from Man Yoo will be OK to play?

Big bonus there if he turns in a good performance....we could use his experience now.

Just to help you out on this thread i wlll add, wish Darren good luck with his comeback for Scotland, i think he is a terrific player, lots of energy and a very good player, after all he has been through it is good to see him back, i am sure he will start for Scotland as all he needs now is game time.

Edited by nev
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed watching that one....the referee was awful as was his linesman.

No complaints regards the result....we didn't boss the game and were punished in the end.

Great second goal be Monkey "Tom Daley" Boy.....

<deleted> me, I'm not even a sweaty sock and it was obviously a bent result, given a legit goal for 2-0 which would have probably won it, and a dodgy dive from bale that got them level.

No complaints regards the result....we didn't boss the game and were punished in the end.

<deleted> me, I'm not even a sweaty sock and it was obviously a bent result, given a legit goal for 2-0 which would have probably won it, and a dodgy dive from bale that got them level.

The bad decisions were evident throughout the game, hence me not moaning about it.

Belgium will walk the group in any case.

The bad decisions were evident throughout the game, hence me not moaning about it.

Belgium will walk the group in any case.

You sound like a man who had many moons ago, resigned to the fact you will be spending the summer of 2014 on Blackpool beach and not watching and cheering your team on at the worlds biggest show piece. biggrin.png

How's the Scottish cricket team doing?

I'm hoping that Smokie and Pigeonjake are off down to Meggetland to watch Scotland v Ireland this afternoon in the Alitalia European rugby league cup...

I've not been following the cricket since I looked up stats for Afghanistan cricket, and learnt that in the three matches between the two countries, Scotland had finished in second place every time

SC

EDIT: As I am wont to do, I checked that last fact on wikipedia, and in the course of the search I noticed that yesterday in Dubai Afghanistan beat Malaysia to lift 3rd place in the Asian Cricket Council Trophy. And I'm not sure if its 3 out of 3 for Afghanistan over Scotland, or 5 out of 5.

How's the Scottish cricket team doing?

Who cares? Stupid game anyway.

And here's me thinking the reason you moved to Aus was for the cricket biggrin.png

If I recall correctly we haven't beaten Australia at cricket since our first meeting in 1882.

SC