Police volunteers powers

cobblers

I did stop for the Thai policeman and explained I did not believe the other man was a policeman I produced my licence , tax and was wearing a helmet.

It seems to me due to the ambiguity of who has what rights I would be served best by avoiding these "Policemen"

Interesting how a Farang donates his time to help other Farangs but instead at looking at the positive we look at it negative.

Maybe you can explain why you think you should disrespect someone who is trying to help.

just look around at all the unlawful people running around on motorbikes, maybe just maybe he may stop one of these wonderful people from crashing into you.

Interesting how a Farang donates his time to help other Farangs but instead at looking at the positive we look at it negative.

Maybe you can explain why you think you should disrespect someone who is trying to help.

just look around at all the unlawful people running around on motorbikes, maybe just maybe he may stop one of these wonderful people from crashing into you.

Because they take away jobs from good Thai citizens who would be employed to do this work.

I believe there is not one job that a Thai national can't do that a falang can do in this field to a reasonable standard.

The fact that that the Police hire Thai volunteers at a small fee per shift yet still need foreign language speakers (currently 20 languages between them) for no fee indicates that no jobs are being taken away from Thais - at least no paying jobs.

Interesting how a Farang donates his time to help other Farangs

but instead at looking at the positive we look at it negative.

I fail to see how Police Volunteers -

who are regularly in function at Soi Buakhao intersection with South Road

and who stop only Farangs on motorbike in the hope to fine them

- could be seen as "helping other Farangs"...?

The fact that that the Police hire Thai volunteers at a small fee per shift yet still need foreign language speakers (currently 20 languages between them) for no fee indicates that no jobs are being taken away from Thais - at least no paying jobs.

Sorry but I disagree.

These people are not just providing translation assistance, they are doing other duties that can and are preformed by very competent Thai citizens already.

Edited by onemorechang

Then we must agree to disagree. The fact that both language assistance and those other duties combine into one function is perhaps the crux.

Oh please don't assume I agree with the language part of there work,

I do not, there are plenty of Thai citizens that can speak more than one language,

I cant say the same for the people from lets say the uk who do this work.

are they all flaunt in Thai ? no

so what's going on ?

Stand by what I said , taking jobs away from Thai citizens who should be employed to do this work.

wai2.gif

Yes, if the unselfish urge to help your fellow man was the main motivation for most of these persons I'd be the first to tip my hat. But having encountered a few of them over the years I strongly suspect that most of them are on some sort of an ego trip (to put it nicely).

Having seen the black clad storm troopers in Walking Street strut around with utility belts that would make a US cop green of envy does not help either.

I think the original question has now been answered.

And as the topic has been hijacked wildly off topic it can now be closed.

//CLOSED//