Lazada Thailand

Jerome G

I have a complaint about Lazada... I ordered a mattress at a cost of 9,900THB that was paid for online. Three days later I received an email stating the mattress was dispatched and it would reach my address within Two to Three days. A week passed, no mattress, and no contact form Lazada. I decided to call Lazada support, I was assured the mattress would be delivered tomorrow. The next day came and passed, but no mattress. I called support again, and was told the same story, the mattress would be delivered tomorrow. I finished the call, annoyed..! About 1 hour later I called support again, and spoke to the same lady as before, this time she knew I was very annoyed, she admitted she did not know where the mattress was and said it could still be in the shop. At least she was honest this time, and I thanked her for that. I canceled the order because I need to move apartment latter that week.

It is now 6 weeks since I canceled and I have not received my refund. I email Lazada every day but get the same spiel back from them.. I tried to find the Thailand Office in Thailand and was informed it is now permanently closed.

Any advise welcomed...

Jerome...

1.6 “Lazada” refers to Lazada Ltd., a company incorporated pursuant to the laws of Thailand under registration number 0105555040244 and having its registered address at 140 One Pacific Place, room no.801, 8th Fl., Sukhumvit Rd., Klongtoey, Bangkok.

Why would you use Lazada and not pay COD?

Like many here they are probably still in a western mindset of a fair amount of trust.............Not even the THAIS themselves trust their own countrymen/women, tells you a lot about this country.

Not all items on Lazada can be paid for by COD. Some items must be paid for online, this item was one of them...

And if you read before you clicked the button it is not sold by Lazada.

Lazada as other similar sites do takes the order and passes it to the other firm.

Lazada does folllow up well. You said you had a message it had been shipped. That would have had a tracking number as would the sms they would have sent you at each stage of the process.

Not all items on Lazada can be paid for by COD. Some items must be paid for online, this item was one of them...

Lazada as other similar sites do takes the order and passes it to the other firm.

Lazada does folllow up well. You said you had a message it had been shipped. That would have had a tracking number as would the sms they would have sent you at each stage of the process.

Part of what you have written is correct. Lazada as other similar sites do takes the order and passes it to the other firm. But you deal with Lazada not there suppliers, there seems to be difficulty with Lazada customer support communicating with there suppliers.

I don't believe Lazada follows up there support well, in fact I think it is very bad. I spoke to the same Lady in support several times, she told me she would call me back that day, but did not. As far as the tracking order is concerned, its a joke..!

Part of what you have written is correct. Lazada as other similar sites do takes the order and passes it to the other firm. But you deal with Lazada not there suppliers, there seems to be difficulty with Lazada customer support communicating with there suppliers.

I don't believe Lazada follows up there support well, in fact I think it is very bad. I spoke to the same Lady in support several times, she told me she would call me back that day, but did not. As far as the tracking order is concerned, its a joke..!

I agree the tracking system is a joke. I usually get my goods the morning after I order them and the site still shows that they have been sent to delivery. The tracking number and out for delivery and delivered comes on line about an hour after I get them.

I agree the tracking system is a joke. I usually get my goods the morning after I order them and the site still shows that they have been sent to delivery. The tracking number and out for delivery and delivered comes on line about an hour after I get them.

Hi Harry.! just an update for you.. I managed to speak with a Lady on Lazada support today. She informs me that I will receive my refund within seven days. I will keep my fingers crossed. I spoke to a Lady in support almost two weeks ago and she said the same... Keep up Posted...!

Welcome to the world of Lazada.

Too many topics praising them.

Every time someone has a problem, others just laugh it off.

Bottom line is when order goes smoothly everyone is happy, the moment something goes wrong, Lazada turns it into a nightmare.

Posted on another thread, ordered dog bed, received wrong bed.

5 weeks to have it collected back, over a month in "inspecting " and still no refund.

This was not the first time for me, each time wrong order was sent it was the same headache and time wasting.

Use to buy a lot but now stopped, way too often wrong items sent.

Bottom line is when order goes smoothly everyone is happy, the moment something goes wrong, Lazada turns it into a nightmare.

5 weeks to have it collected back, over a month in "inspecting " and still no refund.

This was not the first time for me, each time wrong order was sent it was the same headache and time wasting.

For me, every time with Lazada.

1) No delivery till 5 complains

2) Delivery after only 2 complains

3) No delivery till I started a disput on Paypal....Something like 3 weeks or so

4) Drum (for Laserprinter) delivered, it was already used. Contact them, told to send back and I get it refunded + my shipping costs. Sent it back.....Silence. Several contacts.......nothing till I disput on Paypal, which they accepted without a word.

Lazada is to be avoided, Phukethealthshop, Invadeit is reliable, good experience with Ebay from everywhere on the planet, good experience with chainreaction and Amazon.de and .com or go to the next real shop....but not Lazada

COD every time, if they don't accept COD for the particular product you want then you have to ask why ?

I suspect Lazada is fighting some of their own drop shippers who are abusing the system and not sending the goods as they should.

If they don't accept COD then I would treat it as suspicious and not order.

COD every time, if they don't accept COD for the particular product you want then you have to ask why ?

I suspect Lazada is fighting some of their own drop shippers who are abusing the system and not sending the goods as they should.

If they don't accept COD then I would treat it as suspicious and not order.

While COD sounds great, in reality driver will not give you back the money once you opened the box and found its the wrong item .

Some inexperienced drivers may allow you to open it before receiving the payment , but usually they will not.

I also do not believe they need to fight .

Lazada gets paid and then pays the retailers less Lazada fees.

Edited by konying

that is why I recommend yet once again to buy online from BIG-C's great online-shopping-site cdiscount.co.th . Unlike at lazada, most items are sold and fulfilled by BIG C themselves, and if not, this is easily visible before you even click on the respective item.

Plus: you have the option to pick up the ordered item at any BigC store (not recommended in case of a mattress, admittedly) at your convenience, if you prefer that, or if you are not at home all day.

plus cdiscount has fantastic prices. For example, until tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, they have a promotion called "B2work" (back to work) and you get 10% discount on many items, including the latest mobile phones. plus, (again: unlike at lazada), you get a proper manufacturer warranty.

It's stunning me why still so many people use crappy lazada

You making a good fist of balancing up the positive posts with a repetition of your own experience.

I guess that, like me, you can only speak as you find.

In my case I have bought over 20 items and not had any issues.

Some inexperienced drivers may allow you to open it before receiving the payment , but usually they will not.

Try to open a COD package in your home country, before paying....impossible in my country.

Here, I had never any problems, to check the items for correct delivery, before paying.

But you probably can't open/destroy the cartons to do a functionality test.

And if something is packed in a "neutral" carton, I would decline the payment until I could check what's inside the pack. (Never happened until now)

I think with COD you are 99% safe.

You making a good fist of balancing up the positive posts with a repetition of your own experience.

I guess that, like me, you can only speak as you find.

In my case I have bought over 20 items and not had any issues.

This is my latest experience.

If you like to hear about previous ones, here you

1. Ordered blue shoes, received green ladies shoes. about 2.5 months to get refund

2. Ordered water filtration system, filters can not be changed, again 2.5 months foe refund

3. Ordered one of those expansive coolers, which was suppose to have FREE rice cooker, no rice cooker received. 3 months to get refund

4. Ordered Dolce Gusto coffee set with machine and coffee, only instead of 30 boxes, received 10.2 months of arguing, i just gave up

5. Ordered 30 remote controlled fans. Driver refused to unload and bring it in, demanding and expecting i do the work

I can go on, but i am sure you can see the pattern here

Try to open a COD package in your home country, before paying....impossible in my country.

Here, I had never any problems, to check the items for correct delivery, before paying.

But you probably can't open/destroy the cartons to do a functionality test.

And if something is packed in a "neutral" carton, I would decline the payment until I could check what's inside the pack. (Never happened until now)

I think with COD you are 99% safe.

I tried a few times and all times driver insisted if i opened i would have to pay as they could not take it back "opened"

Lazada is ok, if you can pay COD.

If COD is not offered, avoid the deal.

But this goes for every online shop in TH, not only Lazada.

Advance payment in Thailand, an absolutely no-go!

I only buy online when I can pay with Paypal. If there is a problem Paypal will refund me, and now recently they have added the service that they pay for the return shipping.

I however have never bought anything from Lazada, as I always have been able to find what I needed cheaper elsewhere.

that is why I recommend yet once again to buy online from BIG-C's great online-shopping-site cdiscount.co.th . Unlike at lazada, most items are sold and fulfilled by BIG C themselves, and if not, this is easily visible before you even click on the respective item.

Plus: you have the option to pick up the ordered item at any BigC store (not recommended in case of a mattress, admittedly) at your convenience, if you prefer that, or if you are not at home all day.

plus cdiscount has fantastic prices. For example, until tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, they have a promotion called "B2work" (back to work) and you get 10% discount on many items, including the latest mobile phones. plus, (again: unlike at lazada), you get a proper manufacturer warranty.

It's stunning me why still so many people use crappy lazada

I looked at Lazada when I wanted a Watch for my daughter. Found same make and model a Tad cheaper at Robinson, Airport Plaza and I didn't have to go through the COD problems.

Now, I am constantly BOMBARDED with Lazada Junk Mail every time I open my laptop....In fact there are Lazada Junk Mail Ads flashing at the bottom of the screen right now!

Edited by Torrens54

I ordered a phone from Lazada, but it was fulfilled by them. I wouldn't do it if it was handled by an outside company. COD also and I could see from the box it was the read deal....or at least hoped it was! They were a day late in their estimated delivery.

I thing using PayPay is great. Easy to get your money back if they don't respond. Getting a credit back from a company like this can be problematic...and take time. I've waited 60 days for credit back in the US before.

I like the recommendation regarding Big C. Very reputable company. These online suppliers who don't fulfill their orders bother me. One reason I've avoided Alibaba:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102375517

I am 1 of the members on here who have praised Lazada in the past.

After my last experience i will never use them again.

Placed my order ,e-mail saying order ready for dispatch.

Order never arrived checked tracking said my order had been delivered (it never arrived).

Tried to speak to English speaking person, waited on the phone for 20 minutes,then cut off.

Wife phoned spoke in Thai, ohh you have to wait near 1 hour for English speaker.

Cancelled order, next day Lazada express phoned (spoke English) your order will be delivered today, noway it has been cancelled.

More e-mails saying it was being delivered. Wife called again it has been cancelled.

No you cannot cancel says operator, ok says wife deliver, but we will not accept or pay. It never arrived.

I went through a similar thing, they claimed they had not taken the money from my account when they had then took over a month to refund it after constant hassling. While they may supply some things that are good others are not, mine was cancelled after querying if it was a genuine article or a fake(price was lower than expected and it had to comer from overseas yet was cheaper then the ones made in Thailand) when I said I wanted to also get the brands guarantee with it. Wife had friends that received second hand goods as well instead of new ones, as others say, Lazada dont own the stock, they are simply fronting for other businesses so you need to rely on those businesses to be honest.

Edited by seajae

homepro has always been the but of jokes about their staff but the service,delivery,payments and refunds,if you want them to build any flat packs [no charge]

goods are always tested before you pay or leave cant fault them.

Update..! Yesterday afternoon I emailed Lazada support, I informed them I had posted a complaint about my refund on “pissedcomsumer.com” and included the link in the email.. Early this morning I got a phone call from Lazada support, a Lady informed me, I would receive the refund in my Bank within 4 business days....

Update..! Yesterday afternoon I emailed Lazada support, I informed them I had posted a complaint about my refund on “pissedcomsumer.com” and included the link in the email.. Early this morning I got a phone call from Lazada support, a Lady informed me, I would receive the refund in my Bank within 4 business days....

Starting from when?.......................cheesy.gif

good luck BTW.

• 1 month later...

So long as COD only, if you register you can get some really good deals - the other day they were doing 1000 baht discount on orders over 5000 made via the app between midnight and 8am - can also use multiple accounts wink.png

Ended up getting a latest model, just been released Fitbit for 15% less than US Amazon price, and a late model Samsung home cinema system for 1300 cheaper than anywhere else online - both had original prices barely over 5k to maximise the savings.

Have also had great success before by just ringing up the original suppliers (details are on the ads) and asking for a discount on the Lazada price - got 3000 baht extra off a decent ergonomic chair doing that - less protection there though.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd