What Do You Like Most In This Forum?

Bluecat

What do you like most at thaivisa.com?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is the reason you read or participate in this forum?

Is it because of the informative content or because of the entertaining content, i.e. what you learn or the "discussions" in between members and members and in between members and admin,...?

I guess it is a combination of both but in my case, the entertaining part is more important than the informative part.

Or at least, the information should be entertaining,... :o

Guest IT Manager

Good point BC. What about the thousands (literally) who come here to get ideas about moving, points and tips on settling in etc.?

I agree there is an amount of entertainment value in people ribbing each other, but I also think the guests who never post, and never have a login deserve some recognition as well. Why do they need to be subjected to the cutting humour? of someone with nothing to do all day but sit around and have flame wars.

Good post. Maybe should do a poll.

There is very little entertainment value in "soap opera" exchanges between "oldtimers" reveling on "insider" quips, except perhaps to themselves.

There are or should be threads for those who enjoy quipping. My guess is the vast majority of people who come to thaivisa.com are here for information.

Admins should be praised when they keep the jokesters in the joke threads. Searhing for the answer to a question raised at the beginning of a thread becomes burdensome when one has to wade through the drivel many quipsters find amusing.

Why do they need to be subjected to the cutting humour

I enjoy the forum because it is entertaining but also for the information and advice some of which is quite enlightning.

However I agree with IT, about the cutting humour.

The banter reminds me of what grade 7 Middle school boys' conversations sound like in the hall. :o

Admins should be praised when they keep the jokesters in the joke threads. Searhing for the answer to a question raised at the beginning of a thread becomes burdensome when one has to wade through the drivel many quipsters find amusing.

Boooo, loosen up a little, there's always room for a nice slice of quip.

You'll be telling me you don't like smilies next! :o

I came here three months ago seeking advice re. visas and found a wealth of other information and entertainment. It's a shame the Bear Pit degenerated into a hate-Yank/Bush area but, in retrospect I can see how Thaivisa would seperate itself from a political forum.

I will continue to post (if allowed) in Thaivisa but also look forward to a new Bear Pit where political viewpoints can be debated. Here, I would imagine a mix of information and entertainment is the most "workable" or postings will drop off.

Regards,

Boon Mee

I particularly like to wake up with a raging hangover, switch on the laptop, tune into thai.visa to see who I've either enlightened or insulted the night before...

as a sado-masochist the remorse can be thrilling and devouring when I have misbehaved...as a megalomaniac tutsi's righteousness comes forth when I have defeated the evil that posters on this forum do...better than tomato juice for a hangover...

thai.visa...better than sliced bread for your local upcountry maniac...

I particularly like to wake up with a raging hangover, switch on the laptop, tune into thai.visa to see who I've either enlightened or insulted the night before...

Same, without the hangover (I like to lie from time to time,...),... :o

bluecat...english is a tricky language... do you mean to 'lie' as in a horizontal position in bed with the curtains drawn with a cuddly duvet with the AC at full blast at 11am or to 'lie' as in contributing with evil intention with full bombast on a forum populated with innocent contributors...

it's OK...I like to lie in the former sense as the light of day hurts my eyes...I believe that the english call the activity a 'lie-in' to distinguish from the latter

bluecat...english is a tricky language... do you mean to 'lie' as in a horizontal position in bed with the curtains drawn with a cuddly duvet with the AC at full blast at 11am

This is not what I meant but you made it so attractive that it is what I am going to do,... :o

as a sado-masochist the remorse can be thrilling and devouring when I have misbehaved...as a megalomaniac tutsi's righteousness comes forth when I have defeated the evil that posters on this forum do...better than tomato juice for a hangover...

thai.visa...better than sliced bread for your local upcountry maniac...

I'm afraid that tutsi and I have a lot more in common than I realized.

Do you get a real sense of satisfaction every time that you successfully log in, because you haven't been banned (yet)? :o

Voted both.. I think 'information' also falls into two kinds: Like the bare bones info on topics like 'what kind of n.i. visa should I get', and then there's the discussions more on Thai culture & lifestyle. I like those best, there's both entertainment and information in that. Entertainment for me is not exclusively limited to banter & joking around. (which I also don't mind at times..)

Cheers,

Chanchao