Quick Customs Inspections At Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

Customs inspections break speed barrier at Suvarnabhumi Airport

BANGKOK: -- Customs Department has adjusted procedures at Suvarnabhumi Airport to ensure faster service.

Paisal Chuenjit, director of the Passenger Processing Division at Suvarnabhumi Airport’s Customs Bureau, said a total of 300 customs officials will service the new airport when it opens later this month, up from 210 at Bangkok International Airport (Don Muang).

Officials will be divided into four shifts. There will be 20 counters for travelers to declare goods, each equipped with an X-ray machine.

Paisal revealed that a new data checking system will be implemented. Passenger and flight information will be forwarded to the bureau before an aircraft arrives. Officials hope this system quickens the declaration of goods at customs and immigration procedures.

The bureau will also implement a new tax payment practice. Under the current system, travelers were inconvenienced by having to bring certain declared goods to a counter away from the passenger terminal in order to pay tax.

At Suvarnabhumi Airport, it will be a one stop service with travelers able to pay the necessary tax at the customs counter.

--TNA 2006-09-07

Customs Department has adjusted procedures at Suvarnabhumi Airport to ensure faster service.

Hard to imagine how it could be any faster than the current system at Don Muang: everyone just walks through the green "nothing to declare" doors and into Thailand. I've never seen anyone stopped or questioned let alone searched.

out of tens of times I was stopped at Don Muang once - even I had only with me a small luggage bag. I had with me a few bottles of sparkling wine, shampoos, hair conditioners, body creams and some other cosmetics from england as presents to friends. They wanted to confiscate all, than asked to pay fine - at the end I just gave several large bottles to officers.

Customs Department has adjusted procedures at Suvarnabhumi Airport to ensure faster service.

Hard to imagine how it could be any faster than the current system at Don Muang: everyone just walks through the green "nothing to declare" doors and into Thailand. I've never seen anyone stopped or questioned let alone searched.

one week ago they checked me and everyone else which went thru the green area....

Why does everyone seem so obsessed by this airport????? :o

Because, it's like before a baby is about to born : you are worried.

:D

I use a lot DM, for business and hollydays... and I live and work nearby.

So yes Suva does concern me (because I think i'm going to lose my mind in trafic to get there :D )

Why does everyone seem so obsessed by this airport????? :o

Because, it's like before a baby is about to born : you are worried.

:D

I use a lot DM, for business and hollydays... and I live and work nearby.

So yes Suva does concern me (because I think i'm going to lose my mind in trafic to get there :D )

Because it a new toy...and nobody knows if it will work...... :D

inbound aircraft seem to have given up on the paperwork ,even the immigration cards were not handed out on a recent EVA flight .lots of hassle at the counters by pax with no imm cards to fill in.

That's certainly never been a problem on any flights into BKK I've been on. I'd complain to the airline if they make a habit out of this practice. I'd guess though more than likely that it was a one-off thing where someone forgot to load the immigration forms onto the plane.