Outbound Immigration Clearance Delays/Times

Thanks, I looked at it when I lived in Singapore but according to the information on their sites I (as a UK citizen but U.S. Weren't on there either) couldn't apply for one so maybe I needed to apply in the UK.

Will check again here in Malaysia & in UK.

Thanks again

JB

Edit: Quick Google & no joy for me (British) but it seems US & Canada have recently joined & citizens have been eligible since Jun 2014 / Oct 2013...

"Two economies are transitional members: United States and Canada. This permits them to issue ABTCs to their own citizens and nationals so that they can take advantage of expedited visa appointment and immigration clearance procedures in other economies, but without their citizens and nationals enjoying additional visa-free travel, or having to grant visa-free travel status to holders of APEC cards issued by other participating economies.

The U.S. began accepting applications for ABTCs in June 2014, while Canada announced in October 2013 that it would begin a limited-participation trial programme."

My 2cents... get one if you travel around the region (wish I could get one [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17])...

You can be a citizen of any country, but if you are a permanent resident of an APEC country, you can apply for an ABTC in that country. For example, I have several friends who are permanent residents in HKG, carry UK passports, but they have Hong Kong ABTC cards. Unfortunately, this would not apply to many expats in Thailand; however, if you do have Thai residence, then presumably Thailand would issue you one.

US$70 for three years of unlimited Fast Track departures and arrivals in any APEC country is not a bad deal at all.

That's peculiar to HK only... http://travel.apec.org/faqs.html

"Am I eligible for ABTC? Eligibility for the ABTC is to be assessed by the home economy prior to the application being passed to all other participating economies for pre-clearance. The eligibility criteria are distinct from any sub-criteria to be applied by individual economies for preclearance purposes, including laws of economies applicable to the assessment of health and character, inclusive of criminality. General eligibility criteria include

7.1. are citizens of the participating APEC economies or in the case of Hong Kong China, its permanent residents who hold Hong Kong permanent identity cards; "

For all other countries, you need to be a citizen, e.g. Singapore...

"All applicants must be Singapore Citizens and have a valid Singapore passport (Note: Each card is valid for three years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter). In addition, they must not have been previously convicted of a criminal offence. " http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=148#eligibility

Australia... "If you are not an Australian citizen, you can apply to the agency responsible for APEC Business Travel Cards in your home country. Contact details are available on the APEC Business Travel card website"

Edited by JB300

Walked through Suvarnabhumi two days ago in the morning (10 AM).

At the checkpoint at the lower right end of the terminal (opposite gate 8 or 9): no queues at all.

The left side checkpoint: not more than 2 people in a queue.

About half an hour later on the left checkpoint: a little more scramble (about 5 persons in a queue).

Its always worth to walk down the building.

Edited by KhunBENQ