Is there a Doctor in the House ?

50baht

I drink beer and eat well, but not much more or less than other bar buddies.

In in fact walk at least 4-5 k each way (8-10k RT) to my favorite bars 5 days a week, most others get dropped of by taxi.

Question is: Why does my belly protrude, starting just below sternum (center rib) nice and round while my arms and legs

could be on a 10 stone man ? Do livers swell a lot ? Why no benifit to walking on my legs ?

I'm a Walking beer barrel .

Do you mind if I say a 'Walking Street beer barrel'.

Five days a week is a lot of drinking whether you walk or not. At least your mates aren't wearing their knees out.

You know the answer. Diet, exercise and good life. Up to you.

Walking alone will not help shift a growing beer belly. Maybe a look at your diet, also not only what you eat but when you eat is a factor to think about. During the day drink plenty of water as this helps to flush the system. Maybe get yourself a yoga mat and do some simple stretching exercises as well a little of the old school sit-ups and press-ups. I am sure your body has not passed the point of no return, it just a little TLC.

Good luck

Eddy B

Beer belly - classic

Need to stop or sit ups/crunches.

Fair play to the walk though. You must love beer to walk there in the heat, arrive sweating like a pig then enjoy the ice cold nectar as it goes down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three main possibilities

1. Liver disease. It is not so much that the liverswells as that liver damage causes an accumulation of fluid in the abdomen (ascites).

2. Metabolic syndrome with or without overall obesity. In this weight is disproportionately gained around the middle. It is accompanied by abnormally high levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood and is a strong risk factor for heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

3. Obesity with weight gain disproportionately around the middle but without metabolic syndrome (likely to develop it eventually tho.)

Advice a check up that includes abdominal ultrasound, liver enzymes (ALT, AST), fasting glucose, triglycerides, cholesterol panel (HDL, LDL). Most hospitals offer check up packages that include these.

you eat and drink too much. What your buddies do is irrelevant. (beside you don't know what they eat for breakfast, lunch).

Some people are more efficient others less.

If too much energy some people burn it into the nowhere (which isn't true but it seems like that), while others accumulate it on the belly.

Reduce sugar and carbohydrates first and monitor your weight, if it does not move down, welcome to the "I am too fat forum"

Three main possibilities

1. Liver disease. It is not so much that the liverswells as that liver damage causes an accumulation of fluid in the abdomen (ascites).

2. Metabolic syndrome with or without overall obesity. In this weight is disproportionately gained around the middle. It is accompanied by abnormally high levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood and is a strong risk factor for heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

3. Obesity with weight gain disproportionately around the middle but without metabolic syndrome (likely to develop it eventually tho.)

Advice a check up that includes abdominal ultrasound, liver enzymes (ALT, AST), fasting glucose, triglycerides, cholesterol panel (HDL, LDL). Most hospitals offer check up packages that include these.

beer can increase that on males. Specially if the fat is below the muscles. My father looked like pregnant, but in the 12th month, a bit of a fatty liver.

Doc (country side) told, don't so much, don't drink any alcohol till the liver is fit again, come back with 15 kg less in 4 month.

He ate only half of normal didn't drink one glass (usually pretty heavy drinker). 3 Month later, everything perfect.

(no one ever told him that it is difficult to diet) He was like 55 years and looked like 40. Afterwards he looked like 65.

He lost the not so much fat under the skin first.....

Im not understanding you h90......your Dad drank and looked 40 and he was 55.... Then he quit and lost weight and got healthy but looked 65???

What happened next?

Im not understanding you h90......your Dad drank and looked 40 and he was 55.... Then he quit and lost weight and got healthy but looked 65???

What happened next?

yes that reduced weight made him look way older. Instead of a bit roundish face he got deep wrinkles because of the less fat under the skin.

Do you mind if I say a 'Walking Street beer barrel'.

Five days a week is a lot of drinking whether you walk or not. At least your mates aren't wearing their knees out.

You know the answer. Diet, exercise and good life. Up to you.

If you dont already you could try drinking low cal beer!

Three main possibilities

beer can increase that on males. Specially if the fat is below the muscles. My father looked like pregnant, but in the 12th month, a bit of a fatty liver.

Doc (country side) told, don't so much, don't drink any alcohol till the liver is fit again, come back with 15 kg less in 4 month.

He ate only half of normal didn't drink one glass (usually pretty heavy drinker). 3 Month later, everything perfect.

(no one ever told him that it is difficult to diet) He was like 55 years and looked like 40. Afterwards he looked like 65.

I would guess he lost too much weight.

The chances of you having any liver disease and the only symptoms or findings was you swollen mid section is VERY remote. Would most likely be what is referred to as Metabolic Syndrome. Can look that up online to see what the issues are. The causes are primarily lifestyle choices and the remedies are also lifestyle changes. The food/drink you consume is almost always what is causing your beer barrel shape and leading to other health problems down the road for you. Walking is NOT what you need regardless what anyone tells you here. You need exercise but not sit-ups/crunches or simple slow steady cardio activities. All the posts here are basically invalid medical snippets and not going to do you any good IF you are seriously wanting to do something about your LOOK and hopefully your health!

Three main possibilities

Three main possibilities

I would guess he lost too much weight.

The fat belly is last thing you loose. If I recall right he went down to 63-64 kg, at something like 1.74 (I think)