Emergency exit 2

2 1/2 years ago our management had the glorious idea to lock the roof. After complaining and involving the city's district office they had to unlock the roof again.

Just a few weeks ago some members of the new committee of our building had the idea again to look the emergency exit to the roof.

They claim it's unsafe.

This time we didn't bother and informed the district office immediately. Just three days later some staff off the Bangna district office showed up and not only ordered the management to unlock the roof immediately but also to remove all lockers from the roofs doors as well as all attached equipment that might make it easy to lock the door again.

We know because just one hour after they left my wife got a phone call to please show up in the office. They knew who called the district office.

They told her that they won't accept that and try to remove the emergency exit label from the roofs exit doors. They will set up the process with the government/city of Bangkok to make sure that they can lock the roof again as soon as possible. Quite interesting how this management waste their time, money and energy.

Of course I know that in case of a fire it's important to get under the source of the fire as soon as possible. But no one knows what will happen in an emergency so I think it's important to keep all ways that might be an escape clear.

Lock the door to the roof space from the inside using a cylindrical lock and box up a key to this lock with a glass front.

Similar to fire alarm buttons that are boxed and glassed, to be broken in case of fire.

Just why lock it in the first place? So far I did not get any logical answer to this questions... To the dangerous corners are protected by a 1,55 meter high wall. At the people balcony the height of the handrail is just a bit above one meter. So the "its dangerous" argument is none...

Just why lock it in the first place? So far I did not get any logical answer to this questions... To the dangerous corners are protected by a 1,55 meter high wall. At the people balcony the height of the handrail is just a bit above one meter. So the "its dangerous" argument is none...

You did not read the papers about a Japanese boy who went up the roof and fell off the building killing himself?