change of residency and re-entry permit khon kaen

I'm currently on Non-o retirement w/ extension valid til 12Feb2016. I'll be returning from USA in Aug but don't plan to be in Hua Hinn area (where I currently have residency established) for the 45 day trip, then back to USA and returning Nov and changing my residence to Khon Kaen area. I will be in KK for Aug-Sep.

I need a re-entry permit. Can I expect the be able to get the permit at KK immigration? I will have documentation of rental residence in KK at that time. Should I go head and change res in Aug and what documentation will I be required to present then, if so? Thanks

Edited by MiclB

In order to get a re-entry permit in KK you will need to do a TM28 change of address report. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

They may also want a TM30 report from your landlord. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

The will want a copy of your rental agreement with a signed copy of your landlords house book and ID card attached.

Are you aware that you can get a re-entry permit at both airports in Bangkok 24 hours a day.

• Like 2

Re 24hrs re-entry, not exactly-- I did some forum research and saw some said this was emergency only, or after passing thru imm control point. I will be leaving at around 5am from BKK and didn't want to risk my extension/return on the possibility that imm wasn't open or didn't wish to mess with me that early.

I think Ill just proceed with the early change at KK. So, no financial docs required, great.

Thanks for the assistance.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Re 24hrs re-entry, not exactly-- I did some forum research and saw some said this was emergency only, or after passing thru imm control point. I will be leaving at around 5am from BKK and didn't want to risk my extension/return on the possibility that imm wasn't open or didn't wish to mess with me that early.

I think Ill just proceed with the early change at KK. So, no financial docs required, great.

Have you ever known a major airport to be "closed" because "imm" was not available . Must be a very odd "American " thing !

Which bit about "available 24 /7" was not understood?

UJ gives 100% reliable advice here

You must . of course must make your own decisions

Good luck !

Hope "imm" is not closed when you wish to depart ! smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have you ever known a major airport to be "closed" because "imm" was not available . Must be a very odd "American " thing !

Which bit about "available 24 /7" was not understood?

UJ gives 100% reliable advice here

You must . of course must make your own decisions

Good luck !

Hope "imm" is not closed when you wish to depart ! smile.png

This service has evolved over time, as you can see if referenced and by looking at previous posts. There used to be a desk behind imm checkpoint where one could get the permit which was not manned except for limited hours. Other posts cited other limitations. That is why I posted the question; in hoping UBJ would respond as I do value his knowledge.

Thanks for your 'contribution' as well.

Make sure to try and get counter number two with the good looker and not the awkward non smiler on four.

She has her ups and downs.

Last two times I had "unlucky numbers" tongue.png but was pleasantly surprised.

In case of trouble ask for the female boss, she is open to donations for her local temple.

But yes the young one on two who speaks English very well is my favourite biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1