Chinese firm sends 6,400 employees on French holiday

prk888

From the BBC World Service today.

One Chinese Company sends 6,400 employees to visit Nice in southern France for 4 days. Hires 140 coaches, spending a fortune etc.

Next year maybe they could visit Thailand and Pattaya would be an option. All those hotel rooms! All that lovely revenue!

How would Pattaya cope?

They're everywhere. I'm back in the States staying in a hotel for a few months, and the place is chock full of Chinese. They check in, make a racket for three days, then are replaced by more. Like some science fiction/horror movie; cut off the head, and two more grow.

The lobby sounds like a cross between a cat playing a three-string banjo, and someone throwing silverware into a stainless steel sink.

The boss spent about 13 millions euros for his best employees

Sorry, I don't know how much the boss spent, I meant above : expected profits for France : 13 millions euros

because there is a transport from Nice to Paris by trains, hotels ...

Edited by Aforek

The lobby sounds like a cross between a cat playing a three-string banjo, and someone throwing silverware into a stainless steel sink.

That's the new sound of tourist money being made.... Better get used to it.

Good for the Chinese to see "the world" and understand how cultures are different (and more refined). Unfortunately if all the Chinese do is cluster together within their bus groups, they're not going to see much. But....I remember back when I was in my 20'sm my first visit to Europe was by a bus tour-cheap and easy. Zoomed around 6-7 countries in two weeks. Hardly had time to venture out by oneself. However, once I saw Europe, it wet my appetite to go back and do it solo. Let's hope in 10 years or more the Chinese can travel by themselves and learn a lot more about and country and its culture. (Maybe not, Westerners like their space and independence while many Asians are more comfortable to be clustered together.)

Topic really has nothing to do with Pattaya and is getting even further even further from any tenuous link it may have had, we already have running topics about Chinese tour bus problems so we can continue there.

//CLOSED//