Applying for Permanent Residency in Chiang Mai

baywatch82

Soon I will have 3 years unbroken visa extensions (with work permit) and I will be interested in applying for permanent residency in Thailand.

So far I know, that there is a limit of 100 PRs per nationality per year, but I am Polish and I do not think that many people from Poland applying.

Also I know that I will have an interview in thai language, and I will have to be prepared to pay quite a lot of money.

I would like to know :

- anyone who lives in Chiang Mai have any experience with permanent residency ?

- is it possible to do all steps in Chiang Mai, or need to go to BKK ?

- how much is costs about,

- what is difficulty level of that thai interview ?

I cannot help you but I know who can. He has had his PR over 10 years acquiring it in Bangkok. He is a friendly guy and I think he would be happy to talk to you.

His name is Guy and with his wife own and operate 'The Mexican Grill' restaurant on the West side of Canal Road about 1 kilometer South of the Suthep intersection on the North bound lane across the canal from the large gas station.

Stop by for a good Tex/Mex dinner and introduce yourself. He's the always gracious host with the big Texas drawl.

There's a thread of over 100 pages on this topic in the Visa forum. Might be worthwhile to work your way thru it to learn from everyone's experiences:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process/page-92?hl=%2Bpermanent+%2Bresidency#entry8501901

Thank you, I would like to hear experience on this matter with Chiang Mai immigration.