Thai govt chides astrologers for earthquake predictions

webfact

In fact his vision for the country is no less or more dependent upon complete bul**hit then the crazy Generals' is based upon stupidity and economic ignorance. The only difference is that the latter has more likelihood off bringing the country down to a "basket case economy" than the former. Both totally bonkers oxygen thieves.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A spokesperson for Thailand’s military government has asked astrologers predicting imminent earthquakes to consider how their prophesies may affect the public.

I'll have to phone up Prayut and ask if he's interested in my tea-leaves, tarot cards and all the other mumbo jumbo BS. You couldn't make this crap up if you tried. No doubt it'll serve two purposes ... A) the next earthquake and; B) next weeks lottery numbers. Idiots.

Many Thais are deeply superstitious and draw upon astrological prophecies, feng shui principles, and other spiritual beliefs to guide their daily lives. It also common practice for government officials and leading politicians to consult personal astrologers.

Yeah it's called a lack of basic education.

Even if someone did come up with an accurate prediction do you honestly think the Thais could prepare for it? Look at the state of the way buildings are constructed here; it's a complete sham and I predict if anything above an 8 hit BKK there wouldn't be much left of it.

'Nostradamus' warns of earthquake doom for Thailand

By Coconuts Bangkok

sorajja.jpg

Photo: Thairath TV

BANGKOK: -- Another self-proclaimed Thai Nostradamus warns the nation will be split into pieces by the most devastating earthquake ever despite science and officials urging him to just please shut up.

The earth experts of the Department of Mineral Resources asked the public to ignore a wave of fear-mongering that recent quakes in the south of Thailand are only the beginning of a cataclysm for Thailand.

While moderate temblors in the 2-to-4.6 magnitude range were felt last week in Krabi, Phang Nga and Phuket provinces, the department’s Director-General Supot Jermsawatdipong encouraged everyone to chill out – and tune out – on the proclamations of doom from all two-bit oracles.

Meanwhile, Sorajja Nualyoo, or “Nostradamus” as he prefers to be called, said the three “stars” of Saturn, Rahu and Uranus have aligned in a really shitty way for the country. He said the whole country is going to shake, starting in the north, some time between Saturday and July 12, when the biggest earthquake in history will hit the kingdom.

“The previous big earthquake was centered outside the country, but this time the epicenter will be inside our home,” Sorajja said. “I have seen this coming since the beginning of this year. The government must educate citizens because we have never handled this kind of catastrophe before.”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/11/nostradamus-warns-earthquake-doom-thailand

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-11

Uranus may be shitty - i just cleaned mine

"Major earthquakes usually occur in foreign countries, and then cause impact on our and other countries, but this upcoming earthquake will take place in our own country,” Sorajja Nual-yu, a famous astrologer, said on Saturday. “I have been predicting this since early this year. It may happen at any moment between now and 12 July."

If it coincides with national toilet cleaning day on the 4th, could be interesting.

I suggest they do what was done in the olden times and execute fortune tellers who make incorrect predictions.

But July 21 is not that far off, so we don't have long to wait until his prediction goes down the toilet. I wonder what kind of back peddling or post-hoc rationalization he'll come up with.

Well it is costing Thailand money on tourism. My best friends wife just cancelled at trip to Krabi, starting next week. Yes, she's Thai...

Also one that told people to use the lights on their vehicles as less as possible as it increases the power bill at home ;)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The future of Thailand will be free of Army coups because the stars are aligned in such a way that there is a moon in Sagittarius and a buffalo in Ubon.

You just wrote yourself a ticket to come in and have a free "attitude adjustment." Bwuhahahaha! clap2.gif

Why is the email subject "Thai govt asks astrologers for earthquake predictions" when the headline is actually the exact opposite?

It is called claick bait, baiting you to leave your personal inbox to visit a website, would be be interested if the head line was, " Gov ask fraudulent astrologist to to scaring people", probably not.

yes it is factually the complete opposite, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Well, there was a famous prediction back during the time of the first Chakra king that the area of "Siam" where BKK now sits would be "swallowed by the sea in one night". But that was supposed to happen last year, so I guess he was off. And he's long dead now, so we can't ask him about it.

whistling.gif

Oh ye of little faith clap2.gif

I cannot predict earthquakes but I can tell you when it is going to rain next. AND I am prepared to put that in writing (in a sealed envelope to be opened on the day the rain happens) and you can see whether I am right or not! Any takers for a large wager? whistling.gif

Well, there was a famous prediction back during the time of the first Chakra king that the area of "Siam" where BKK now sits would be "swallowed by the sea in one night". But that was supposed to happen last year, so I guess he was off. And he's long dead now, so we can't ask him about it.

whistling.gif

The Tsunami was scared of getting scammed

im going to stop readin coconuts and progress to something a little more challenging like, say, the beano.

Let me know where to find Beano. I've been searching for years.

Sorry the i used the last one to wipe my butt with in my outside loothumbsup.gif

After the violent and catastrophic demise of the whole planet by the end of December 2012 as predicted by the Mayans, it seems that Thailand was taken out of that equation and quantum-leapt to a whole other dimension where it now will be subjected to earthquakes within it's borders. So, either the balance will be kept, or they will leap again. My money is on the leap.

When will people learn that only positive comments, opinion polls and predictions are permitted ?

Your missing the 2 key words here "Affect Tourism"

elgordo. How dare you use my real life name sake avatar as you own!

My office.

No coffee & donuts.

Montgomery Burns