Thai Army chief says no army officer engaged in Rohinya human trafficking

webfact

The guy to the right in picture behind General Is that a KFC medal? looks like col. sanders picture. Just next to that woman trying to blow her brains out with her finger look closely.

Edited by Strangebrew

This whole issue is starting to turn pear shaped for Prayuth and his merry men......just have to wait for a similar statement from the Naval people.....and then it's all about the cops, a mayor and a few low level clerks, village headmen and truckload of barefoot lackys.........

Edited by ChrisY1

Thai army col wasn't efficient? Lol it's a free for all here with martial law and he wasn't efficient enough?

Ok so the Thai Army didn't know anything about this so thousands of people passing through Thailand and they had no clue?

I'm curious who is going to have to eat the shit sandwich when the inevitable facts come to light. If I was a police commander in that area I would be real nervous.

Shouldn't the UN be investigating this as a war crime.[emoji20]

These guys just can't learn. To come to such a quick conclusion indicates there was no real investigation. "You doing any human trafficking?" "Nope" Okay, write the report. Similar to Koh Tao screw up. Bad though that was, international opinion takes a much harsher view of this sort of affair.

Army chief says no army officer engaged in Rohinya human trafficking

5-11-2015-12-08-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Army commander-in-chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutra insisted Monday no Army officers were engaged in Rohinya human trafficking.

He recalled a recent transfer of an Army colonel in the South has nothing to do with human trafficking but merely to improve work efficiency.

But he vowed to punish drastically if any army personnel get involved in human trafficking.

He said the government of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is serious about human trafficking and is ready to take decisive action.

Sounds more like jackanory tell us a story.

Be careful as Mr General is serious about human trafficking, he might start urging his people to do something about it. So many transfers and NO one will be punished for it, or maybe it was just the Burmese that are guilty.

Makes me wanna throw up, (in his face)

Wow...this guy is really good. To have the ability to know with certainty all his soldiers are perfectly law abiding. I had no idea they had these kind of generals with such perfect knowledge.

You have one fighting an unwinnable battle against the lottery-pricing in charge of the country at the moment!!

He was equally good as lying as well:

No coup................

I am not going to be PM..................

With all the thousands of Army generals in the Thai Army, I feel sorry for the poor fired colonel that they used as a scape-goat. The biggest problem faced by the army now (after the South insurgency) is the trafficking of people. And, not to have a general in charge sounds suspicious to me. Oh, I know. His Mercedes needed service so he couldn't be there to help.

In an area, more than less totally controlled by the army, the honorable officers didn't detect several camps with thousands of people??

Sorry general, there is no polite way to put this: You are lying!!

I believe the general when he says the army was not engaged. In fact, I assume the army was taking generous payments to stay unengaged and allow the human traffickers to go about their business.

In an area, more than less totally controlled by the army, the honorable officers didn't detect several camps with thousands of people??

Sorry general, there is no polite way to put this: You are lying!!

No he said "no officers" it was all the squaddies that did it

Typical of a ' somebody ' here, make a definite statement that's well into the ridiculous category coupled with the " i have spoken, accept it and don't dare challenge me " attitude and posture.

The question for me now is how will the PM respond, will he get involved in any way, will he endorse the claim or water it down or will he keep well away from it and rip the head off any reporter who dares to raise it.

It doesn't matter who runs this country all the so called leaders have something in common in that they rarely think before they speak.

"The problem needs cooperation from several government agencies which includes the Internal Security Operation Centre to resolve, rebury the evidence he added."

How things have changed since Jan 2013 then, when a certain General Prayuth Chan-ocha was aware of what was going on with regard to army involvement. Media quotes at the time state: "Army commander in chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha has confirmed the officer's involvement............." and "Reportedly, army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha is also aware of the possible incrimination of army officers in people smuggling and has announced his intentions to "eradicate" the "bad army officers"." ! I for one do not believe that our leader managed to "eradicate" all those "bad army officers"!

Army is not involved for sure, but Thai Navy is the one removing the Refugee boat engines, and drifting on the ocean and abandoning them..

Thai Navy removing the motors and setting them adrift?

Yesterday a Reuters link led to a story implicating the Thai navy in human trafficking. Your statement, if true, makes a lot of sense, a lot of monstrous sense.

"Heh, he, they're on to us boys, and we have all the boats. Let's ditch the , er, evidence."

vampire.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Oops

@sunaibkk

Police issued arrest warrant on Lt.Gen.Manat Kongpaen former commander of southern ISOC allegedly for #Rohingya trafficking. #Thailand

Looks like karma has caught up with him after getting away with Tak Bai.

Edited by Orac