Illicit drug pedlar nabbed after posting Facebook picture

Thaivisa News

Chiang-mai-drug-pedlar.png

[photo credit: ThaiRath]

Chiang Mai: - Provincial police have arrested and charged a man for drug trafficking and illegal possession of firearm, citing his picture of Facebook as evidence.

Kiatisak Kanthawang, 23, admitted to his illegal activities after being confronted with evidence.

Based on the tip-off from Facebook pictures uploaded by the suspect, Colonel Surachai Suphayot-amorn, superintendent of Fang police station, ordered a raid at Kiatisak's home.

In his Facebook page, Kiatisak boasted about his drug peddling activities. He also posed with a shotgun and a large amount of cash.

He is a resident of Fang district.

Following the raid, police uncovered the modified and unregistered shotgun, 249 tablets of methamphetamine, known as ya baa, and an undisclosed amount of cash.

The suspect is under the Fang police's custody pending the completion of police report.

pickup-pattaya.png

[photo credit: ThaiRath]

In other news, Chon Buri villagers alerted police about the discovery of decomposed body trapped in a pick-up truck submerged at a water hole on the outskirts of Mueang district.

The villagers were trying to use the fishnet to harvest fish. To their surprise, they got the human body instead of fish.

Lieutenant Suthiphol Klinudom went to investigate the scene, located in a private property which used to be excavated for laterite.

After checking on the vehicle, Suthiphol said he had to wait for autopsy report before deciding the next move of the police investigation.

He said the pick-up truck was reported as missing on May 5.

The body was identified as Kritpanot Chitsirichon, 42, who owned the vehicle.

Kritpanot and his truck disappeared on May 2 and his relatives filed the police complaint three days later.

The sad thing is that they sell to everybody. I wore my tourist police shirt two weeks ago when I bought a train ticket.

Then I could see two women making a deal, I could hear what they're saying and just tried my Thai and was shocked when they offered me one pill for 350 baht.

I also know that many students at high schools smoke and sell Jaba. Not too long ago, they gave some very young girls Jaba for free, until they thought they needed it.

But it was long planned and the very young girls between 12 and 17 had to satisfy a customer before they received their damn motherfucking pill.

Lower northeast is a real <deleted> up area. I wish it wasn't like that. More and more kids take that shit, not knowing how bad it is. Teachers don't teach about the dangers of this dirty meth.

The fact that it makes people very horny, both, or better said all three genders, makes me believe that quite a lot young girls and boys in villages get raped by uncles, brothers, etc...

Of course would nobody go to the cops. When you're living here for longer you know why not.

Would the general see that as the most important issue, not the bicycle lanes, lottery tickets, I'd at least feel a little better.

Having a 16 year old son these days makes you think a lot. Some of his classmates look like freaking junkies and it's available everywhere.

Should I go to the cops and report a woman, who's trying to sell me some pills two weeks ago?

The problem is that they never get the big fish, because some of these big fish are part of the business. And a life here's only worth around 15 K.

So everybody looks away, neither teachers report drug abuse at schools, nor do parents seem to care much. Just sad.

"

In his Facebook page, Kiatisak boasted about his drug peddling activities. He also posed with a shotgun and a large amount of cash.
Following the raid, police uncovered the modified and unregistered shotgun, 249 tablets of methamphetamine, known as ya baa, and an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect is under the Fang police's custody pending the completion of police report."
and pending the recounting of the undisclosed amount of cash.....

I doubt it was much cash really, he's just a tiddler, a lil' stickleback.

-

As to the second story...

"The villagers were trying to use the fishnet to harvest fish. To their surprise, they got the human body instead of fish."

How is this possible if the decomposed body was 'trapped' in the submerged pick-up truck? Methinks there is the waft of fish somewhere in the writing.

Edited by Squeegee