Chinese company treats 12,700 employees to Thai vacation

webfact

For those T.V brain surgeons who make comments like "Chinese Masters visiting their new colony", as well people making other derogatory remarks, here's some news. Chinese corporation Tiens Group were taken on an all-expenses-paid vacation to France and Monaco by their founder and chairman, Li Jinyuan, last week. The massive getaway was in celebration of the company’s 20th anniversary, which the group celebrated with a four-day stay in Paris, the French Riviera and Monaco, which was reported by C.N.N. The cost for the Chinese company was 14.5 million U.S Dollars which was income for France and Monaco, besides the airlines. E.U countries and U.K travel agents are encouraging such incentives out China and the U.S saw the largest number of Chinese visitors in the past one year. Go figure!

No amount of money can buy class............................coffee1.gif

And yes I could create an extra income by keeping pigs in my garden, but....................

definitely not the supreme class the average Farang tourist or resident possesses enhanced by Chang, Leo and Singha coffee1.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will demand a total of 38,000 hotel rooms.

So each employee will get 3 rooms?

On a recent 3-week holiday I stayed in 12 different hotel rooms. thumbsup.gif

So did you occupy 12 rooms at any given time or just 1?

I think the Chinese would be less reviled if they'd spread themselves out a bit when travelling. Much like any other nationality I guess. Travelling hoards are bothersome.

On another note, I remember being in Deacon Brody's pub in Edinborough when around twenty Japanese filed through the pub taking pictures, not actually buying a pint laugh.png Well, at least they were polite.

Edited by dageurreotype

I think the Chinese would be less reviled if they'd spread themselves out a bit when travelling. Much like any other nationality I guess. Travelling hoards are bothersome.

On another note, I remember being in Deacon Brody's pub in Edinborough when around twenty Japanese filed through the pub taking pictures, not actually buying a pint laugh.png Well, at least they were polite.

Edinburgh.

I remember in Pattaya just prior to the football World Cup jointly hosted by Japan and Sth. Korea a Japanese television crew visited a bar frequented by supporters of a certain English football team as part of a documentary on English football hooligans.

They were told they could not film in the bar but ignored the warning and got thumped. The only patron held responsible was fined B 500 by the BIB.

did you find one you liked ?

This will boost the overall tourist numbers, which will make TAT extremely happy, but will the actual spending be in line with the numbers?

Sure, income for the hotels and tourist buses will increase, but what about the average Thai man or woman who depends on tourist trade to make a living? The tour groups won't even notice them.

Edited by Just1Voice

Good on them, Chinese ruled the world previously we still havent seen anything yet. Wait till the RMB goes Parity to USD then the new party begins.

We farang will then know how poor we really are. A good hedge would be to marry a rich chinese girl . lol

LOL.

The Yuan is down against the USD in the past ten years from 8.25 in 2005 to 6.2 right now.

Marrying any rich girl would help you out, BTW.

RMB

yes , the RMB should keep falling on the dollar, President XI will start to tighten the noose with all the lending he has done with so many of the smaller countries that need it , which he now controls.

Chinese banks are opening up in every major city to prepare for the USD /RMB swap . so its only a matter of time when the USD becomes irrelevant as major cross

Not just about money here , Its about showing total control.

Good on them, Chinese ruled the world previously we still havent seen anything yet. Wait till the RMB goes Parity to USD then the new party begins.

We farang will then know how poor we really are. A good hedge would be to marry a rich chinese girl . lol

LOL.

The Yuan is down against the USD in the past ten years from 8.25 in 2005 to 6.2 right now.

RMB

If you get now 6.2 Yuan for a dollar compared to 8.25 in 2005, doesn't that mean that they Yuan is up actually?

This is the start of things to come , Soon more Chinese companies will try to out do the last. They still getting use to the new wealth.

America companies never will do this All workers wish to work in China

You are very a where of the facts last years millions of Americans wanted sneak into China to live as illegals

Americans are doing the same this year

Next year Beijing is the Cry of the poor Americans

LOL.

RMB

If you get now 6.2 Yuan for a dollar compared to 8.25 in 2005, doesn't that mean that they Yuan is up actually?

Yes, That right, If you look at it from usd . The USD has less buying power now then in 2005 . So the RMB is rising

When you look at it from RMB they paying out in 2005 = 8.25 ish now its paying out 6.2 ish in 2015 . Therefore the chinese keep 2 big figures up their sleeves when compared to the year 2005.

I think from memory back in 2000 the RMB was 8.63 on the USD too.

When the ducks line up the RMB should go parity , but the problem will be Chinese manufacturing will lose the competitive edge.

The chinese government manage in 15 year cycles, so they already have it programmed how this will play out they just ticking the boxes every year . so what happens now will the chinese continue buy large blocks of land in remote countries and land bank for when they need to shift the manufacturing base?? They own most of Australian mining now, they buying as much agri land in OZ , NZ large land in Africa ukraine silk trading road , control the water in Pakistan now . we will see...

at 13 may reporting about a well planned activity starts 3 days ago ??

Sounds like the worst "news management"

Or a very large corruption matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total spending of 600 million baht on what?

They would be flown in by Chinese airline.

Picked up by Chinese owned buses.

Driven to Chinese owned restaurants and shops

Ok, may be taken to a few attractions.

So, they are being picked up by Chinese owned buses ? Are the bus drivers Thais or Chinese ?

Driven to Chinese owned restaurants and shops ? Do those restaurants and shops employ Thais ? Chinese restaurants in England and Australia employ Chinese people, but I think Chinese restaurants in Thailand employ Thais !! smile.png

And you notice, when European companies turn up in Thailand and open hotels and have European tourists staying in the hotels, that's called foreign investment going into Thailand. But, when Chinese companies open hotels in Thailand and fill them with Chinese tourists, well, that's called a "Chinese invasion of Thailand and it benefits Chinese only" !! smile.png

And when McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Starbucks, etc, when they turn up in Thailand, that's called foreign investment in Thailand. What's it called if Chinese companies try the same thing ??

Hope you can see how silly the attitude of some ThaiVisa people are.

Finally a tvf poster for China. My guess is you don't live in a tourist destination being mauled all day by Chinese busses blocking traffic or the masses trundling through your area.

Comparing the Chinese equivalent of Amway marketing stunt in France to what's going on here is asinine.

My post is NOT the only one that is "for China". There were others above my post. You're right, I don't actually live in a tourist destination, I just visit tourist destinations.

Okay, so Thailand's tourist destinations are being mauled all day by Chinese busses blocking traffic, or the masses trundling through the area. So, what should Thailand do ? What, Thailand should discourage Chinese tourists from turning up in Thailand ? Do you want to advise the Thai government to do this ?

A load of Cambodian construction workers are being paid to build new hotels in Thailand. And Thais and Cambodians (actually, Burmese as well) are working in those hotels. So, if it's tourists staying in the hotels, that's okay. But if it is Chinese tourists staying in those hotels, well, that's called bad money ! Yes, got to stop the Chinese money entering Thailand ! :)

Try telling the Thais "build your new hotels to cater for tourists, but don't build new hotels where Chinese tourists are going to stay". We'ill see what their response is ! :)

The Japanese are polite ? Well yes. It's probably because they lost World War Two. If they had of won World War Two, well, they might not be so polite when turning up in other peoples' countries.

Bit like Germany. If Germany had of won World War Two, well, how would German tourists be behaving in places like Spain and Portugal ? How many German football hooligans would there be in Europe ?

I hope the Chinese tourists go to China town for a day out. Every time I go there it's full of Thais pretending to be Chinese. It would be nice to see authentic Chinese folk in China town for a change. As for those going to Pattaya, at least the girls won't be hard stretched to much to please the tour party leaving the rest of us a better ride.

"Each group will stay for six nights at four- or five-star hotels.......115 travel operators in Thailand agreed to use a new standard contract rate for optional packages at 600 yuan (about Bt3,000) per tourist,"

Sounds like 500 baht per night at a 4 to 5 star hotel, I wonder if that includes transport?

This is the start of things to come , Soon more Chinese companies will try to out do the last. They still getting use to the new wealth.

America companies never will do this All workers wish to work in China

You are very a where of the facts last years millions of Americans wanted sneak into China to live as illegals

Americans are doing the same this year

Next year Beijing is the Cry of the poor Americans

"You are very a where of the facts last years millions of Americans wanted sneak into China to live as illegals Americans are doing the same this year".

I think we need to get real here. Hundreds of thousands of young men from America, Europe and Australia are living in Thailand on a permanent basis. Thailand's peculiar tourism visa rules is allowing these young men to do this. Thailand will probably never change it's visa rules, but who knows, they might make their laws similar to other countries later on. And if that happens, yes, vast numbers of men will end up being illegal immigrants in Thailand.

These future illegal immigrants are not here because of jobs or higher pay, they're here because it's easier to get some sex here, rather than back home. :)

The Japanese are polite ? Well yes. It's probably because they lost World War Two. If they had of won World War Two, well, they might not be so polite when turning up in other peoples' countries.

Bit like Germany. If Germany had of won World War Two, well, how would German tourists be behaving in places like Spain and Portugal ? How many German football hooligans would there be in Europe ?

Not as many as there are in the UK

There are hotels etc. that specalise in Chinese tourism but with the TAT's promised invasion more hotels will have to start taking them and as a consequence will likely lose their other tourist trade which means they will become dependent on the Chinese market.

Could become a very vicious circle.

I hope I'm not at the airport when they fly in or out,oh the noise

Imagine being in the same hotel.

That'd be a battle royale at the breakfast buffet...

cheesy.gif Absolute requirement - a suit of armour and a couple of heavily armed and nasty heavies on either side to clear a path to the tables but even then getting a piece of toast would be a result.

I remember a hotel lunch buffet in Kowloon that featured oysters and when the staff brought them out of the kitchen they were gone before the staff could get to the display. Luckily a colleague knew one of the managers who took pity on us whenever we went in and would send a small tray to our table while the masses attacked the waiters trying to set up the display, even then we had to stop the other diners coming to our table and trying to take ours.

It's funny of course but not for anyone actually living in a hotel with a Chinese tour group in residence too. As I've written before hotels catering to the Chinese will lose their other guests and will have to pray the Chinese trade never reduces.

Edited by NongKhaiKid